Chapter Eleven: Nico di Angelo and WHAT BIRTHDAY?! NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS

One would think a thousand year old vampire would be more coordinated or gee, I don't know, intelligent? But no. Jason Grace, who was less than six months away from his two thousandth and ninety-sixth birthday, somehow managed to get himself trapped in the enchanted ceiling panels of the di Angelo household's attic, in bat form. And he doesn't exactly think as well as he does when he's in normal form as he does in bat.

So over twelve hours of angry research to try and remove the spell place on the roof (it was an extremely powerful one to protect the house from any kind of damage and apparently, Nico had done the spell a little too well) while Jason screeched a storm up above their heads, Leo was running around like a hysterical mamma bear and their books got incredibly upset by all the noise (sensible little shits, books are). It wasn't until four am that Nico finally managed to find some black magic that removed the spell (which was actually some warlock's curse, bloody typical) and Leo fire blasted a hole through their lovely ceiling and Jason was free.

But sadly, just under four hours later Nico was awoken by his very loud phone on his bedside table, playing Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar very loudly.

You're a heartbreaker, dream maker, love taker
Don't you mess around with me

Nico lets out a noise that sounds like a dying walrus, he hears a large smash from the room down the hall; Thalia and Bianca's. He's willing to bet that was Bianca's tail smashing against something in anger.

You're a heartbreaker, dream maker, love taker
Don't you mess around, no, no, no

He scrambles for his phone, silencing it before Bianca can cast a spell to do such a task on him.

"Hello?" He demands, not bothering to tone down his annoyed morning voice.

"Ah hi Nico." A familiar but not clear voice filters through, Nico pauses, running the voice through his head until he realises it's Grover, the quite curly haired boy Percy's mentioning often.

"Grover?" Nico replies, going over his situation. His sleep has been interrupted after a 4 am long day, he's awake and grumpy and Bianca probably is too (meaning he's in deep shit) but not only that but it's a human who's done all this and it's not Percy! Nico feels an unpleasant jolt run through him when he realises with an odd feeling in his gut that he wouldn't have minded at all if Percy had been the one to disturb his slumber.

"I'm sorry if I woke you but I found your number on Percy's phone and you seem to spending so much time with him and well you see, we're holding a surprise birthday party for Percy and Annabeth and I were hoping you could keep him busy for the day." Grover rambles off, Nico stares blankly down at the wall as a horrible feeling settles over him.

"It's Percy's birthday?" He blurts suddenly, Grover's silent for a little too long so Nico hastily covers it up, "oh yeah, I knew thaaaat. Yeah of course I can keep him busy, I already have loads of stuff planned as a present...." He trails off awkwardly.

"Right....thanks Nico though. Come to Percy's house at nine and keep him away and then back at five o'clock exactly, you're welcome to join, of course." He hangs up before Nico can reply, Nico sighs over dramatically and drops the phone on his face.

Nico's pacing his bedroom, stressing out to point of breaking. He needs to be at Percy's by nine (which is in fifteen minutes) and he has no idea what to get him as a present. He's thought about something tacky from Rachel's shop, it's just seventeen, hardly some big mile stone of an age (nowhere near to giant five hundredth birthday party they've already started planning for Rachel next year) but he couldn't shake the feeling that he had to get Percy something amazing. But what?!

"What are you doing?" A grumpy voice demands, Nico spins to face the door, his wings flaring outwards. Hazel's leaning against his door, holding a blanket around her shoulders, a black eye mask on her messy bed headed curls while her solid gold eyes bore into his black ones. Her eyes got a little brighter for a second and then she sighs at him, "never mind I got it."

"Awesome, what do I get Percy?" Nico asks anxiously, Hazel shakes her head at him.

"I have no idea, I'm working on my past sight, which only happened ten minutes ago so it wasn't too hard." She replies, Nico sighs over dramatically. Hazel has one of the best future eyes he's ever come across (except maybe Rachel) but she's been trying to improve her seeing spectrum, so that's looking into the past. Nico can do it without even trying, so can Bianca (but he can do it a little better) but neither of them could ever hope to look into more than a few seconds of the future, but Hazel can look as far as she wants.

"Help me please, I don't know what to get him," she gives him a cheeky grin that makes Nico blush right to the tips of his wings, "w-well I can't make him fall in love with me if I give him crappy presents!"

"Yeah, that's the reason you're freaking out." Hazel beams at him, a hint of mirth in those gold eyes.

"Shut up, he's just a human nothing more. I don't care about him at all!" Nico barks angrily in response, Hazel's cheerful expression falls into a very cross one, she looks at him with not just anger but hurt and he doesn't really understand why.

"On the note of your human," She sneers, "Since you care nothing about him, Jason has some friends coming to visit and they're not quite as ah, tame as he is." Nico stares blankly at her, slightly horrified, "they're also not all vampires, so why don't you just give your little human off to them and watch him die over and over." She snarls, her expression cold but it's nowhere as cold as the feeling inside Nico's chest.

He opens his mouth, a cloud of confusion traveling over him but she leaves without another word, like she didn't just strike this horrible feeling into Nico's chest. This cold feeling that makes his palms sweat and the hair on the back of his neck stand up. Fear. Fear for Percy. Watch him die over and over.

Then he knows exactly what he's getting Percy, he prepares it with extreme care, using an average time stopping spell so he has more time and then, with less than five minutes until he needs to leave, he poofs a basket into his arms and he's set.

Not much happened, I'm sorry, but just wait! IT'S ABOUT TO GET SO EXCITING OMFG, I CAN'T WAIT! I hope you enjoyed it and if you're after more percico then I'm going to be writing a one shot collection based off songs, complete with percico, maybe Jercy, Frazel, Thalianca, brotp!Percabeth (and loads more) with also maybe some Supernatural one shots and some Mortal Instrument ones :D BUT LOADS OF PERCICO! yay!

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO readingisawsum BECAUSE OF THE COMMENT ON THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER ABOUT PERCY BEING A UNICORN HAD ME LAUGHING FOR FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT, YOU MADE A SHIT DAY ALRIGHT SO THANK YOU!

Please vote and comment, love you all so much!

Love Percy xx