Chapter Seventeen: Nico di Angelo and the Bloody Feather

Nico probably shouldn't have teleported them anyway, that wasn't the wisest move in all this four hundred or so years. Percy let out this blood curdling scream and backed away from him like he was the devil, tears rolling down his cheeks and blood everywhere.

"Perseus." Nico pleaded, they're in some forest clearing, about a kilometre from his home with a small brook nearby, he used to come here often to be alone but when he met Percy he found that he'd rather spend time with said human, it made him feel far better than some trees and water ever could. But said human was now looking at him with such fear and horror, it made Nico sick to his stomach, it made him just want to curl up in a ball and cry.

"S-Stay away from me." Percy sobs in response, Nico lowers arms that he hadn't realised he'd raised and looked to Percy with tears brimming his eyes, "p-please, don't hurt me."

"Hurt you?" Nico whispers, "I could never Perseus, not even if someone made me."

"You're a m-monster, leave me a-alone." Percy cries holding his arm, blood leaking onto his shirt and fingers. Nico wants to heal him so badly, Percy's in pain and a lot of it too but there's no way he'll let Nico touch him until Nico regains some kind of a trust.

"I'm a witch but I'm not evil I promise." Nico says, he takes a deep breath and then drops the enchantment that made him seem human. His shirt rips from his wings, hair growing out to hang around his face, reaching just past his shoulders. His long, gold and silver ring filled ears twitch like they'd been crapped up for a long time. He couldn't see them but he knew his eyes were completely black, meaning he could see if finer detail.

"The devil, have you come to kill me?" Percy cries, Nico lets out a cry himself as tears start falling from his own eyes, black like coal and soulless looking but that didn't mean he was that at all. Percy looks at him like he's a monster, like he wanted to hurt even kill him and that hurt more than anything else he's ever experienced in all his long life.

"Please Perseus, I would never hurt you, I would rather die." He says, he wants to pull Percy into his arms and never let go but Percy's so afraid, so, so afraid. His wings shiver and droop sadly, Percy watches the movement like a deer caught in headlights but his wounded hand and arm flies up to his throat, they wrap around the feather necklace. Nico feels a brief spark of pain in his right wing where that very feather used to be, he winces and Percy sees. He holds the necklace in a bloody grip, so tight but it's hurting him a lot to do so and eventually Percy drops his hand.

The bloody feather hands there limply and Nico stares at it and he realises out silent it has suddenly become.

Percy stares at him, he doesn't scream or cry louder. Those silent tears and blood still slipping to the ground but he doesn't move or twitch, Nico moves slowly closer and he sees Percy flinch, his eyes falling close. Nico kneels down beside him and gently wraps his hand around Percy's forearm. Warm purple light covers them and then the wound and all the blood is gone.

Percy peaks up at him and Nico waits for the scream, the sobbing, the needless pleas but he's so relieved when they don't come.

"Nico?" Percy whispers so softly that Nico would have missed it if he didn't have his ears.

"I am still me Perseus just..." he pauses, "a little closer to the truth now."

"You lied to me?" Percy asks quietly, Nico smiles lightly.

"Would you have allowed me to love you if I hadn't?"

Percy laughs, just the smallest laugh, "probably not."

"But I'm still Nico." He says, his hand is still holding Percy's forearm but he slips it down to enclose around his hand.

"Still Nico." Percy replies quietly.

Nico almost misses it but Percy smiles at him, he glimpses that smile at then Percy is falling into his arms. He seems so fragile now that Nico is at full power, full form, he's even taller than Percy now but he pulls Percy into him and holds him gently but tightly. He smells of sea salt, clementine and chocolate.

"Hey, Nico?" Percy says softly, Nico makes a small noise to indicate that he's listening. "Did you say that you love me?"

Nico freezes over, but unlike when he first stepped into the human world it wasn't in a bad way. It was in an almost warm way, he looked down at the human in his arms now and he realises that he is in love with Percy. But then there was the small fear at the back of his mind that thought maybe Percy didn't love him back, and after everything that had happened merely minutes ago, who could blame him?

"Yes." Nico says quietly.

"Good," Percy replies, "because I love you too."

Nico breathes out a sigh he didn't know he was holding in, he feels his hot heart beating wildly inside him but it's calming down and he hears Percy's heart too. Nico closes his eyes.

*hysterical giggling* I just sobbed and feels-ed myself out writing that, not to mention 'Accidentally in Love' came on and I almost wet myself laughing. I know I literally just updated but I'm updating again because I know that ending was rather cruel. I'm sorry this chapter wasn't very funny but I hope the Percico in this chapter makes up for it. I hope you're not too pissed at Alice, the only reason she's here was to do that but I'll keep her around if you don't mind her ;)

This chapter is dedicated to InkOnPaper_ because she was the first to read the previous chapter and just seemed to utterly desperate for the next (this one) that I felt I couldn't let her down. So I hope you enjoyed it!

Please vote and comment, leave all your thoughts! I must add that this story is barely at half way so there is a lot to come!

Love Percy xx