Chapter Twenty-Two: Nico di Angelo and a Very Boring Turn of Events

"Are you sure it's safe?"

Nico is just about ready to throttle Percy at this point, Hazel is far too busy giggling at them and arranging her items on the coffee table in the library to pay them much attention.

"One hundred percent certain, Hazel would never hurt you." Nico says, it's probably the third or fourth time that he's said that sentence but Percy still looks terrified. Not that he can be blamed, he's about to have a girl who looks seventeen with molten gold eyes predict his future and determine whether he's human or not. Just you're average Tuesday.

"Don't be a pussy!" Thalia barks, Percy flinches with fright and shoots her an unsteady glare. Nico shoots her a much colder one but all she does is smile sheepishly.

"Okay Percy, give me your hands." Hazel commands, Percy gulps and offers them. Hazel takes them in her own smaller, coffee coloured ones, covered with sparkly rings and bangles on her wrists. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath and rubs his palms, then she opens them and drops Percy's hands.

"What did that do?" Percy asks quietly, Nico frowns, Hazel has never done that before.

"I had put too much hand cream on." Hazel replies bluntly, "I rubbed it on you."

Percy frowns and gives him hands a sniff, "coconut?" Nico smacks his forehead as Hazel chuckles and nods, he should have known this wasn't going to be easy.

"Now." Hazel smiles and places her hands on a large crystal orb in front of her.

It was about the size of a small basketball, a light pink in colour with rough edges and a jagged hole in the top. It was held in a bone, carved with psychic sigils. It glows a dark pink, Hazel's eyes lighting up an almost unbearable gold. Percy shields his eyes slightly as Hazel stars muttering.

"Thalia...there's a chance you forget your anniversary next year...so don't do that." Hazel says, Thalia gulps and nods. Nico looks to Percy who looks incredibly lost but also memorized with amazement.

"Can you please concentrate?" Nico cries, Hazel narrows her eyes but keeps smiling.

"Okay, okay!" She cries, "I'm looking, calm your feathers."

"My feathers are calm!" Nico yells back, he looks away as Percy jumps. Thalia's staring at him with a judgmental eyebrow raised. He looks away a little sheepishly. He looks back to Percy who's still staring at Hazel in hopes of discovering the truth behind what' been happening to him (the previous night's two am fish tank chat had left him rather scarred, per say).

Nico frowns, he supposes he should be excited for Percy and for his return of a full night's sleep (presuming that Percy stopped calling every time he freaked out) but as many arguments and glares as this problem had caused, it had brought the two closer. It wasn't always sunshine and daisies, which was hard but if they could make it through meant that their relationship was even stronger. But if Percy discovered who or what he was, then he might not need Nico as much.

The way that Percy would stare at anything magical he came across, it would amuse Nico a lot when he followed his escaped books around like a cat after a light. But when he looked at Nico...it was like Nico was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen, like Percy could barely take his eyes off him. He looked at him with such love in his eyes, no one has ever been in love with Nico before, he'd been alive for so long but had never found love.

Nico wasn't sure if he was ready to lose that look.

He wanted to rush forward, pull Percy into his arms and teleport away, so Percy would never know any wiser. But Nico realised how utterly selfish that was so he stayed where he was, no matter how much it hurt. But it was foolish hurt, he didn't even know what Percy was or whether this knowledge would change him. But still...

"Bingo!" Hazel cries suddenly, she frowns and her jaw drops. The crystal orb dims and her eyes do so too, she looks to Percy blankly, gaping a little.

"What?" Percy asks, panicking slightly, "what?"

"You're a....Loquella." Hazel says and then smiles, "that makes so much sense."

"What's that?" He asks, Nico smiles too and laughs shakily.

"I don't know why I'm so scared but it means 'Language' in Latin. Basically you can speak every language...like ever, hence the reason you've been speaking to your fish and Fae. I knew hellhounds couldn't talk." Nico explains, it's not very exaggerate, a very simple power, most likely the result of some very distant ancestors dallying in magic or even meeting a generous witch.

Percy nods then grins, "that's it?"

"That's it." Nico confirms.

"Cool."

....I'm sorry, I'm in such a lazy mood right now. I don't even know where I was going with this chapter. I know it wasn't much but I hope you enjoyed it anyway! Please leave your thoughts!

Love Percy xx