Chapter Twelve: Nico di Angelo and the Feather

Nico knocks on the door, his hands shaking at his sides, just a little. He hears two sets of voices barking, muttering that same spell under his breath he can suddenly hear the two female voices that hide beneath the barks.

'Nico! Nico!' Lupa barks loudly, scratching at the door while Mrs O'Leary barks out,

'Nico di Angelo, welcome back!"

The door is opened and Lupa jumps up into his arms, he catches her just in time as she happily licks his face, excitedly telling him about the bone she'd gotten the day before. She jumps down from his arms, Mrs O'Leary gives his hand a friendly nose bump and she almost smiles up at him.

"Nico?" Silena beams at him, she yells back into the house for Percy who appears a minute later, rubbing his head, Lupa rushes over to him and gives his hips a happy nudge.

"Nico!" Percy says smiling widely when he sees the witch, Nico smiles back.

"Hello Perseus, ready for your special day?" Percy blushes but he keeps smiling.

"Have fun Perce, be safe." Silena says, she stretches up and gives him a kiss on the cheek, he ruffles her hair in return and pulls a jacket on from the covered hooks by the door and then almost skips out the door.

"So, the big one-seven?" Nico asks as they walk down the path, Percy hands are in his pockets and he's looking away slightly with a blush on his face but he's smiling so brightly and happily, and for a reason that Nico for once understands, he's rather pleased that he alone can make this human happy.

"Yeah I guess, how old are you Nico? You've never actually told me." Percy says, Nico looks to him and arches his eyebrow in a teasing expression, then in a completely serious voice;

"I just turned four hundred and thirty-five." Percy laughs and shakes his head, "sure."

That's the thing with humans, their so small minded, Nico was telling the truth (give or take a few years, he'd never actually say his real age out loud, gosh) but throw in some eyebrow wiggles and a teasing tones and Percy couldn't be the wiser, but he's only human.

"So where are we going exactly?" Percy asks, Nico stops and tugs Percy into the alleyway he always teleports into only now there's a 67 Chevy impala sitting there. Percy blushes again and Nico smiles lightly.

"I was thinking about my sex dungeon." He jokes, Percy flushes even brighter but he laughs too. "But first, present time."

"Oh god, no." Percy says covering his face with his hands, "I don't want you to get me anything!"

"Too late." Nico says pulling it out of his jacket pocket, Percy peaks out from between his fingers and his jaw drops, "I know it's not very eccentric and I know I didn't wrap it, I couldn't find any paper."

"Nico...I love it." Percy says, he takes it from Nico's hands and admires it. It's a simple silver chain with a large purple feather on the end with one black, white and blue clay bead on either side, the feather is held in a silver clasp attached to the chain but from the clash hangs a small charm of a hawk. But what Percy doesn't know is that's it's enchanted, to hide him from all supernatural beings power, no matter the kind expect his. And when someone tries to hurt Percy, he'll feel it in the invisible spot on his right wing where the feather used to be.

"I'm glad, shall I put it on you?" Nico asks, Percy nods, he hands it back and turns around. Nico pulls it around his neck and closes the clasp, his hands brushing against the skin of Percy's neck which makes the shorter boy shiver.

Percy turns back around, the necklace hanging at his throat, against his smooth, tan skin. He looks up at Nico and blushes, smiling nervously. Nico's hands are still in that same position, hovering at Percy's neck, his minds screaming at him to put them at his side but he has other ideas. He moves them but it's not to his side, he feels a small blush form as his hands snake forward and over Percy's cheeks, Nico's minds gone into overdrive, he's yelling at himself to stop but he knows that he won't, that he can't.