Chapter Six: Nico di Angelo and that Handsome Hu-Wait What?!

So Nico didn't understand humans that well, it'd been almost four hundred years since he lived on the streets thinking he was one. And back in those days, they didn't exactly have school. Especially not for street rats with two spines (those later turned out to be wings, but you know, whatever). So when he's lurking at the local one, wrapped up in a warm cloak because of the dropping temperatures, feeling like a total creep you can't exactly blame him for being a little confused.

The teenagers are milling around outside, leaning against cars, under trees and one benches. Just talking themselves into oblivion until that bell goes and they must go inside (he knew that much). He recognised those four kids from the bus who were making fun of Annabeth and Percy, though now they were standing with another group, quite a few wearing short skirts and bows in their hair in the same silver and green colour as males wearing jackets.

Aren't those females completely freezing in that skirt? Nico shakes his head in dismiss, it is best not to interfere with humans and their odd tendencies.

"Nico!"

Nico almost screams he gets such a big fright, he turns to see Percy skidding to a stop on a skateboard and smiling at him. Nico looks at him carefully, he seems a lot more cheerful then last time they had met a few days ago at the shopping centre. For some stupid reason that makes Nico a little happier himself, he pauses and mulls over the feeling as Percy looks straight into his black-human eyes. He decided that he likes how it makes Percy's eyes light up...for artistic purposes.

"Hello Perseus." Nico greets, Percy blushes deeply but smiles briefly again.

"I thought you said you were home schooled," he continues, "So how come you're here?"

"Oh, I am home schooled. I was just bored. My sister and her wife are visiting and they're being disgustingly adorable." Nico lies easily, well almost lies, Thalia is sick (general human stuff) and Bianca is looking after her like a worried mother bear.

Percy's looks over him like he senses the lies, Nico freezes for a second, he didn't really want to perform a memory charm, he'd need at least a toothpick or stick to imitate his wand and the closet tree was just so far away.

"Her wife?" Percy repeats, Nico relaxes a little and nods. "Awesome." He says and he really means it.

"You a supporter of gay rights?" Nico asks quietly, Percy nods and smiles lightly again.

"You could say that."

They look at each other for a few seconds before Percy quickly looks away, just as a blanket of awkwardness settles over them. Nico considers teleporting away, anything avoid this and not have to spend any time with his human anymore but something makes him stay. Something about those pretty downcast eyes.

"Perseus..." Nico pauses, an odd question appearing in his head that he's seen humans ask each other in countless books and movies. Why the sudden urge to ask Percy this was beyond him. But he decided that if he is going to make some human fall in love with him, and get this blasted human interaction over with then he'd better get a move on. And unfortunately for Percy, he seems like the perfect human.

Percy is only about seventeen, with Nico appearing to be about nineteen. And though Nico is quite a bit older, he still has the mind-set of a nineteen year old, because that's when he stopped ageing. And anyway, Jason is almost a millennia older then Leo.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to, um, get a drink with me this Friday? Just coffee, you know." He stutters a little just like they do in the movies, he pretends it's because he wants to make it realistic but maybe, just maybe, he is a little worried Percy will say no.

"Really?" Percy says, he blushes deep crimson, right to the tips of his ears, "I'd love to. When?" He smiles again, embarrassed by looking like a little fluffy seal. Nico looks away, ignoring that fluttery feeling in his chest.

Before he can reply however, a new voice interrupts.

"Hey look, it's the gay boy and his fuck toy from the bus." A voice calls out from that group, it's that black haired girl from the bus. Nico frowns, an angry feeling curling up in his gut.

"Who is that?" Nico asks quietly, Percy shifts looking extremely upset and hurt from the girl's comment, but from the way his shoulders are drawn together and that silver ring is being chewed on gives the clear message that this is hardly the first time a comment like that has been sent his way nor does he suspect that it will be the last.

"That's Drew, she was on the bus." Percy grumbles to himself, Nico looks up to see the group laughing to themselves, except he notices that brown haired, slightly dark skinned girl who's looking at Percy with a blank expression on her face.

"Hey fuck boy, what's your name?" The brown haired boy says, his eyes like green pond scum. He starts to walk over to them, the group 'oohs' and 'ahhs' like the bunch of children they are, Nico resists the urge to turn them all into toads.

"Who is that then?" Nico asks again, Percy glances up quickly before looking down again and folding into himself.

"Bryce."

"Hey can you bend over for me? Into your natural position, I doubt old Perry over here could be good for much else, with his face and all that." Nico smiles lightly to himself as an idea pops into his head, "What you smiling about you faggot?"

A simple transformation spell that didn't even require any spoken words, he just thought them and suddenly his face transformed into Bryce's biggest fear and his name is snarled into the air like it came from the lips of a monstrous beast. Though of course only Bryce could see it and the vision was gone the second he blinked but it was enough to make him scream loudly and fall to his knees rubbing his eyes.

"Oh nothing," Nico said emotionless, "just you're dead body."

To say the least, Bryce cleared out pretty quick after that, leaving Percy clutching his stomach to contain his laughter.

"I don't know w-what you did, but that was awesome." Percy smiles, Nico smiles back at him.

Nico decides in that moment, that he loves Percy's smile. It's a smile that doesn't just light up his mouth but it reaches his eyes, they look gorgeous and makes the human look incredibly handsome.

Wait, what?!

I JUST WANT TO MAKE IT EXTREMELY CLEAR THAT I AM IN NO WAY HOMOPHOBIC I HAVE GAY FRIENDS AND I SUPPORT YOU IF YOU ARE, IN EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FORM! BE YOU AND LOVE WHO YOU WANNA LOVE. Also, I'm sorry about Bryce, I was kinda' guessing about the kind of stuff he would say, I've never actually seen homophobic bullying or discrimination in real life.

Hey Small Bons!

I wasn't going to update but I've been listening to Elvis all week and I'm feeling all lovey dovey and cheesy, so this happened ^_^ This chapter was so much fun and I really hoped you enjoyed it! I've decided to dedicate a chapter to a person for each one, because why not, I love you guys so much and I like dedicating chapters! And I will probably follow some if not all of those who I dedicate it too :P

So yeah, this chapter is dedicated to because he's so funny and I love his comments so much, and he's just an all-out awesome human bean.

Please comment and vote!

Love Percy xx