Chapter One: Nico Di Angelo and the Time he Almost Killed a Pyromancer

Nico Di Angelo lives a simple life, in a small appearing cottage on the edge of a forest near a town. He lived with his sisters, his sister's wife and the many friends that visited regularly. Nico has always been content with that life, so long as no humans came snooping he was fine.

Humans, such annoying creatures. He, of course, could pass for one because of how similar their species are, but under no circumstances should anyone confuse him for actually being one. Though he didn't mind one human, Thalia Grace. She was human, not that she lived like most humans. Nico had hated her at friends but after a century or two, he managed to tolerate her, even like her just a little.

"Morning Nico."

Nico glances up from his hovering, the thick book in his hands snaps shut, dejectedly and flutters out of his hands. Nico ruffles his wings and lowers himself steadily, eyeing Bianca with annoyance.

"You interrupted my séance," Nico grumbles, "and upset my book. I just had the hovering this working!"

Bianca gives him a bored look, "you have wings."

"Yes, good observation." Nico ruffles the dark purple wings again, "what's your point."

"You don't need to waste magic and energy on hovering when you already have wings!" Bianca cries stamping her foot and making small plants grow in the doorway, Nico glances down at them then back to her and raises an eyebrow.

"No wasting magic? I thought you were taking a potion to stop this flower problem." Bianca gives him a very rude hand gesture in response before storming off. Nico sighs and picks up his candles, placing them on his desk and giving the room a quick once over. Glancing up, he sees the book hanging from the ceiling shivering.

"Hey, come down." Nico opens his arms, the book seems to look at him before falling into his arms and purring. "Good boy." He strokes the spine before placing in in the ceiling high cage with all the rest.

He leaves his room and heads into the kitchen, the rich oak wood dining table has been enlarged for all their guests. Their guests being Leo, Jason, a red headed girl Rachel and big surprise, Frank. Nico scratches behind his head lazily and twitches his ears, the gold hoop through one jingling quietly.

"Morning Leo, how are you feeling?" Nico asks, Leo groans loudly prompting Jason to give him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

"How are your hovering sessions going?" Rachel asks from her bowl of cereal and spinach, Nico's nose twitches at the slight in disgust but he knows better than to make a comment.

Though before he can reply, Bianca cuts in. "You knew about those?"

"Of course I did." Rachel taps her head, making the bangles on her arms clatter around loudly. Bianca sighs over dramatically.

"I hate psychics."

"It's a shame you love me though." Hazel chips in from beside Rachel where she's candooling with Frank, Nico scrunches up his nose as the smell of her sister's boyfriend hits her. Werewolves always reek.

Taking a seat beside Thalia who nods as a way of addressing him but other than that she ignores him, this is the communication they've addressed and Nico is perfectly happy about it. Thalia was a human, well she still is he guesses but she's probably the weird human there is. She's over three hundred years old, over because there's no way Nico would ever admit his true age. Thalia fell in love with Bianca, Bianca, being a witch and unable to lose her, made her immortal. Not that Thalia has any problems with it, she was nothing but a street rat when she met Bianca.

"You're looking chirpy Neeks." Hazel comments sipping a cup of coffee, Nico raises an eyebrow while reaching for the tea pot. "Especially after last night, I thought you would have run for the hills."

Nico freezes as the memories from the previous night come crashing back down, the bet, the game of Uno, his loss. Nico's wings flare out in anger as a hiss escapes his slightly pointed teeth, he rises into the air, getting ready to high tail it out of there but unfortunately for him, Bianca does have a tail.

She wraps it around his waist and pulls him crashing down onto his chair, Nico lets out a snarl of annoyance which only makes her throw a tea cup at him which he narrowly dodges.

"You made the bet, don't make me chain you to Leo so you can't get out of it." Bianca warns, Nico pouts and stops struggling. His ears sag sadly and his wings droop, Bianca rolls her eyes.

"So Nico, any plans for how you're going to do it?" Jason asks taking a sip from a glass full of dark red liquid.

"No." Nico grumbles, "Though I'm thinking of using Leo's insides to help." Leo gasps, sending a jet of fire out of his nose and lighting up his napkin. Leo frowns at it and cocks his head to the side slightly, Jason hisses at it loudly while Hazel walks over to it calmly with a glass of water which she pours over it, sending a stream of smoke up to the ceiling. Jason hisses loudly and transforms into a bat, flapping around the room madly.

"Vampires, I swear." Thalia grumbles while Leo jumps up and down to try and catch his boyfriend.

"I'm going to kill that pyromancer." Nico snarls, scratching the table viciously with his long talons that have appeared on the ends of his hands.

"You made the bet." Rachel says pointing her spoon in his direction, Nico bares her teeth at her making Rachel roll her eyes.

"Watch my table." Hazel says, hovering her way over him and smacking at his hands. Nico growls at her but she just ruffles his hair.

"It's just a bet Nico and the human will die soon. Or you can leave it." Hazel says patting his arm, "humans aren't even that bad."

"Easy for you to say! You look human!" Hazel glares at him, her solid gold eyes like molten rock staring into him, "well almost but a simple mist spell can cover that up! Humans won't go near me, let alone fall in love with me."

"You have to try, it's the bet." Leo cuts in holding a very grumpy Jason-bat in his hand, Nico glares at him coldly causing the boy to grin cheekily at him. "Humans aren't that bad." Leo squeaks lamely under the glare that Nico gives.

"Yes they are! They're loud and stupid, they can't fly or do magic, they don't have tails or wings, they think we're freaks and I do not ride broomsticks!" Nico yells throwing his hands up in the air and sending a plate of scones flying across the room with a zap of purple lightning.

"Riding broomsticks is what-" A loud snarl from Nico and a sudden crash cuts Leo off, bat-Jason goes flying out of his hand with Leo flying into the wall. Nico flew up to him, his dark purple kings beating gracefully but an ugly expression on his face.

"You were not about to make a dick joke Valdez." Nico growls, Leo laughs nervously.

"Nico! Put him down you immature twat!" Bianca yells swatting Nico out of the air with her tail like a fly, Nico spins out of the way as Leo falls into Jason's waiting arms. Nico hisses from the air and latches onto the chandelier above them.

"Just another breakfast." Nico hears Rachel muse to Hazel and Frank who are watching the whole scene with little input or effort.

"At least nothing exploded this time." Frank chips in helpfully just as a light bulb on the chandelier shatters from Nico's anger. Nico leaps off it as the chain it hands from snaps and the entire thing is sent crashing down onto the table.

Hazel eyes it before taking a sip of her tea.

I hope you're all liking it so far my Small Bons! (Yes, that's what I'm calling you!) Please vote and comment, I just love reading your comments!

Percy xx