Chapter Two: Nico Di Angelo and the Vinegar Drinking Psychic

"This is not going to work." Nico grumbles, his announcement is more of a desperate hope then the fact he pretends it is. He knows Bianca can to this, he doubts there's ever been a spell she can't handle.

"Don't be such a Debbie Downer, of course it'll work!" Rachel chips in from the side, Nico glances at her, a little worried, only to be met by a shrug.

They sat in the living room of the house, couches with shawls and spell books all over them littered the room with broken wands, Ouija boards, candles, food wrappers and mouse droppings litter the corners. Another chandelier hung from the ceiling with drapes attached from each corner of the hexagonal room to the chandelier.

Rachel and Hazel sit in one corner on a purple shawl draped couch, Rachel with a glass of vinegar in her long, dainty fingers and Hazel with her fourth cup of tea that morning. Frank lay at their feet with a ball of yarn in his hands, watching the furry creature with fascination. Thalia sat on the opposite side of the room, behind Bianca with her wife's tail in her lap.

Bianca is Nico older full sister, Hazel being his half-sister and younger. Bianca, looking around twenty-one with long black hair in a braid that reaches her thighs. Her skin is a warm olive brown and eyes are almond shaped and completely ink black. She is tall and elegant with long limbs and fingers. Upon her head is a pair of curled black horns with a chain threaded between them. Her tail is very long and scaly, a dark blue that's almost black with a flare of lighter coloured feathers at the end.

"He just needs to look normal for a few weeks, and probably reversible while he's at home because lord knows that boy gets grouchy." Thalia muses, fiddling absentmindedly with Bianca tail feathers. Nico has noticed over the years that Thalia doing this helped Bianca think faster and more efficiently, Hazel says it's because Thalia is Bianca's love and helper, Nico says it's because she gets horny. Bianca's never told them who is right.

"Simple, he's a witch so his bloodline is familiar with hiding himself even if he's never done it." Bianca replies almost instantly, Nico hovers in front of his sister where she sits at a small table flicking through a spell book.

"Hiding is in your bloodline?" Franks asks, looking up from his yarn.

"Of course it is, the witch burnings of Salem. After those, we had to hide." Hazel chips in, swirling the dregs of her tea around in the cup.

"It was easier for some then for others." She continues pointing to Bianca's tail and Nico's wings and then Rachel, who appeared completely normal to the naked eye.

"I'm not a witch." Rachel interrupts.

"Easy mistake." Frank grumbles but Nico grumbles to himself that it's not.

Nico, Hazel and Bianca are witches because their father was and so was Hazel's mother. Hazel is a special kind of witch, the future seeing witch that could only exist as a child of two pure witches. Nico and Bianca are what Frank calls 'mongrels' (stupid dogs terms), with only one parent being a witch. Though that means they tend to be stronger then Hazel because they aren't restricted to one part of witchcraft.

Rachel on the other hand is a psychic, not a drop of witch blood running through her veins. She was born to human parents a few thousand years ago, back in ancient times. Being a psychic and not a witch meant that she looked human and could never hope to do more than predict the future, but the difference stopped there. She and Hazel were still the same level of annoying no matter what kind of orb gazing monk they are.

"I can hear your thoughts," Hazel grumbles, "I don't use crystal balls, I'm not some kind of amateur."

"Got it!" Bianca grins flattening out the book with a smooth of her fingers, making it purr contently.