Chapter Three: Nico Di Angelo and the Strange Human on the Bus

Let me get something straight, Nico Di Angelo is not stupid. Far from it, you don't live for over three hundred years by being stupid. But Nico does not spend a lot of time with humans so you can hardly blame him for being very lost and confused when he entered the local town.

It wasn't very big nor was it very eccentric, it was small and quiet. Perfect for blending in, and with Rachel basically living with them, she visited so often, they needed to. Rachel came across as human but she definitely didn't act like one. The day Nico sees a human drinking some raw eggs with blended cheese while spewing green smoke everywhere, is the day he starts to like them.

He looks around apprehensively, he's standing at a large pole with a bus on a sign attached to it. Humans are milling around, seemingly waiting for something. That's all humans seem to do, wait. For what, Nico can only hope to understand. As he stands there, feeling more and more nervous with every second. He hates Leo more and more, not only does he can to interact with humans but he has to be outgoing and make conversation, for a witch, Nico is terribly shy and embarrassing. Especially with humans and creatures he doesn't know.

He looks up the street to see the large yellow-beast like bus coming his way, shivering slightly he pulls his phone from his pocket and dials his home number.

"Hi this is Queen Levesque from Gold's Futures, how may I help you?" Hazel replies primly, Nico uses everything in his being to resist the urge to rolls his eyes. He's always hated that stupid company name for Hazel's fortune telling.

"It's me."

"Oh, why are you calling me?" Nico hears muffled noises before another voice fills his ear.

"You're hopeless you know that, socializing, good god. Get it away." Bianca says, Nico bites his lips with nerves as the bus pulls up and the humans file up to get on. He wants to give some kind of snarky reply but he's too panicked to do so.

"I don't know what to do. Help me!" Nico whispers rapidly into the phone, he hears his sisters sigh from the other end.

"Okay fine, only because it's gotten to the point that I'm embarrassed for you." Bianca replies while Hazel makes a small noise of agreement, "where are you?"

Nico glances around to ensure he doesn't get the location wrong even though he knows it, "A bus stop...I think."

"Well either you're at a bus stop or you're not so which is it?" Thalia chips in, Nico frowns, humans.

"I heard that, don't discriminate humans so much Nico or I'll turn you into a cat again." Bianca snaps, Nico shivers at the memory, he was coughing up fur balls for weeks afterwards.

"I'm at a bus stop." Nico says hurriedly as the long lines begins to thin out.

"Okay, I'll give you some human money than just get on the bus and go wherever it takes you. Got it?" Bianca says, Nico nods even though she can't see him though he suspects Hazel's watching him with what Rachel calls her 'Mind's Eye'.

He hears a small click and suddenly there's a green note in his hands and the call has been disconnected. Nico glances up to see the last person stepping onto the bus, hurrying forward he jumps onto the bus just as the blonde human moves away. The bus driver looks to him expectantly.

He's a short man built like nails and guts, his eyes are beady in his bluff form with a wispy goatee on his chin. Nico eyes him carefully, he glances briefly that the bus drivers pants to see them rather loose and uncomfortable looking white Nike's on his feet.

"Hurry up," the bus driver pauses and sniffs the air a little then glances at Nico to smile, "cupcake."

Nico shivers, satyr. Gleeson Hedge to be exact, has a funny thing about calling all supernatural beings 'cupcake'. Nico went to his wedding with a spirit of some kind a few years back. He passes over the green paper, Hedge scowls but gives him a ticket without the change he knows should be there. He glances at the bus to see it about three quarters full, a group of rowdy juveniles sits at the back, filling the bus with unwanted noise. Though the only room is around them, the other humans seemed to have the smart idea to avoid that area.