Chapter Fourteen: Nico di Angelo and his Incredible Relationship Mending Skills

Leo and Jason were on cold terms with the di Angelo household, Nico hadn't heard from them in quite a few days but that was understandable, probably scared that Bianca was going to smite them. Though because of the whole incident, Thalia was now wearing a bright blue feather on a black chain and even then Bianca watched her like a hawk. Thalia had pretty much recovered from the whole incident but Bianca was stressing out about it to breaking point, everyone tried to keep their distance from her until she cooled off.

Though Nico couldn't complain, her attitude and guilt meant he had more excuses to see Percy. They planned to go to the movies that day, Annabeth and Grover accompanying them. Nico stands outside their large school building, leaning against his impala, he's rather fond of it even though Reyna and Annabeth keep making these ridiculous jokes about something called 'Supernatural' and how some 'Dean Winchester' would be pissed and then that thing he heard those girls conversing about in the shopping centre, 'Destiel'? They refused to tell him what it was which was bugging him, he's searched through all his history textbooks (which were always really snobbish, the uptight pricks) but he hadn't found anything!

Nico's grumpy inner ramblings are abruptly interrupted, he glances up to see Piper emerging from the shade of a tree to meet that girl Drew. He hadn't even noticed she was there, but now the two girls were approaching each other with looks like death on each of their faces. Nico briefly thought that maybe he'd need Alice to bring them back but then quickly threw that thought out of a metaphoric window because Alice is a monster who hangs out with a worse one.

"You blew me off, how dare you!" Drew yells angrily, Piper crosses her arms and glares back.

"I was with my family." She replies, Drew's face twitches into an unpleasant expression before flattening out.

"With that disgusting brother of yours? Honestly Pipes, I thought you had your priorities straight." Drew snaps, Piper crumples, and she takes a half step back.

"Don't call me Pipes." She replies as the bell goes, Nico grimaces at the loud noise but to be completely honest, the fight in front of him is far more interesting.

"If you still plan on coming to Bryce's party you'd better realise who your true friends are and who are abomination." She snaps and stalks off, Piper stays where she is, looking down and fiddling with her bag strap. Nico doesn't realise it but suddenly he's beside Piper, she stares up at him with an expression mixed between anger, fear and hurt.

"Are they your true friends, Piper? Would they stick by you through the hard times, or would your brother do that?" He says steadily, Piper looks away. "You know what you're doing is wrong and yet you follow along blindly, fairing ignorance but you know how much you're hurting Perseus, don't you? Why do you call them friend?"

"They are my friends." Piper replies quietly, Nico looks to Drew's retreating figure, it's met up with those Octavian and Bryce boy and their sending glances her way.

"Percy calls you Pipes, doesn't he?" Nico says, he turns to walk away, he sees her mask trembling and shaking, he pauses, and this isn't something strange. When you live for centuries, some things rear their ugly head more than once and he knows exactly how to put Piper back on her correct path, "or had he better call you coward?"

Piper stays where she is, Nico sits on the bonnet of his car and watches as Percy, Annabeth and Grover emerge from the school. Piper looks up to them, Percy looks to her then only because of his stronger senses does Nico see him wince. But then Piper's looking past Percy and into a pair of grey eyes, a pair of angry but steady ones. But there's something else there and suddenly it all makes sense.

"Drew?" Piper calls, the girl turns to face Piper with a raised eyebrow.

"You come to your senses?" Drew adds in with boredom, "You'd better hurry because that faggot of yours is on his way and he's got his whore with him."

"I have come to my senses, thanks." Piper says, "I've realised that you can go fuck yourself Drew, there is nothing wrong with my brother nor will there ever be. And if you ever say so again, you will have hell to pay."

"You bi-" Drew starts but is cut off by a punch to the nose, she shrieks as blood begins to pour out of her face. Piper stalks off, aiming to go past Nico but then she stops and faces him.

"Thanks Nico." She says giving him a small smile, he nods back in understanding and a smaller smile of his own.

"Wait! Piper." Percy yells skidding to a halt beside her, he breathes heavily from his rapid spirit, "thanks."

"You should never thank me Percy, I just hope you'll one day forgive me." She replies playing with her bag strap again, a few tears falling from her eyes and onto the grass, Percy smiles at her and pulls his sister into his arms.

"I already have Pipes." He says into her hair, Piper closes her eyes and holds him tightly back.

"Happy ending?" Annabeth says jumping onto the car beside Nico.

"You could say that." He replies.

"Trust Percy to forget six months of cruelty and ball-less action in just a few angry words, a punch and some tears. Piper's always been a little weak." She mumbles, Nico turns to her with a raised eyebrow.

"She's not crying because she's weak, she's crying because she's held it together for too long and you know that's not what you really think." He replies, she frowns then sighs.

"I don't know how you do it Nico, but you're like a fucking mind reader."

"You could say that." He regains his footing on the ground, "right, cinema? Piper, you coming?"

Piper and Percy pull away, Piper nods and grabs Annabeth's hand, pulling them behind her back. She stares at Nico, who gives her a wink in return.

"Thanks Nico." Percy says, Nico slings a lazy arm around the shorter boy's shoulders and gives him a quick kiss.

"It's what I'm here, if only my family issues could be solved this quick. There's just something about a vampire attacking your sister's wife that makes it sit uncomfortably at dinner." Percy, Piper and Annabeth laugh but Grover looks incredibly uncomfortable, he lets out a nervous bleat of laughter but he doesn't really sound like laughter.

It sounds more like a goat.

Look at that ending, holy shit, *hides in hole* my skill level in pathetic. Ah well ^_^

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know it wasn't very good but I just wanted to get it out of the way, I know that the plot of this book is quite lazy and hasty but it's honestly just supposed to be a fun, light and quick read with witches and Supernatural references mixed in! I hope you're enjoying it so far :D

This chapter is dedicated to Purple_Fangirl who her wonderful comments and continued support on this crazy book, you're awesome, please forever stay awesome :D!

Please leave your thoughts!

Love Percy xxx