Chapter Eight: Nico di Angelo and the Ice of the Eternal Spit

Nico doesn't really know how it happens but a week after their tea shop date, Nico finds himself with Percy's cell phone number and three other dates at various little shops in his memories. He doesn't know what it is about Percy, but everything about him just make Nico so happy, he doesn't understand why though, after five hundred years of disliking all humans (bar Thalia) suddenly there's one who's slowly worming his way into Nico's heart, and what's worse, he doesn't particularly mind Percy's two friends; Annabeth and Grover.

Nico stood in his bedroom, a cauldron in front of him, he hovered slightly with his wings fluttering around him as to keep him aloft. He pours some vampire fangs into it and then some faerie dust, the black liquid inside bubbles and hisses, slowly turning to a milky white. Nico frowns and gives hit a stir with the long wooden spoon that's hovering beside him with a simple lifting charm.

"Nico?"

He looks up from the shelves in the corner of his room, Thalia's poking her head around the door, her hair is wrapped up in a towel and she's dressed in only a dressing gown.

"Yes?" Nico asks a little distracted as he searches through the bottles for some dragon's blood, he's making a rather complex potion that's supposed to turn whatever it's thrown on into dark ice, a potion that normally only faeries can manage but he'll be damned if he won't give it a shot, just to shut Will Solace up.

"Lunch is going to be ready in about twenty minutes, okay?" She says, Nico's now picking up on her bored tone as he located a bottle of unicorn piss among the bottles, he gave it a little tap to allow it to float up into the air and then move to hover beside the now once again airborne spoon.

"Alright, you know what we're having?" Nico asks turning to her, Thalia shakes her head and then leaves without another word, Nico sighs over dramatically and goes back to his searching.

He eventually finds the dragon blood behind a jar of mice bones, he grabs it and then flies back to his potion, which has started to fade to a light grey. Sighing he measures out two tablespoons of the blood and then four of the unicorn urine. The potion hisses angrily, he stirs it quickly with the spoon and then looks at it for a second. It's starting to get a little dry and is back to that white colour though with some blue swirls, he's getting closer, which is good.

Flying to recipe book that's doing loops in the air with a copy of To Kill a Mocking Bird, Nico gives it a tap and the book falls still into his hands on the page he was using. He looks over the recipe, he's doing well so far, but he now needs 'ice of the eternal'. What is werewolves is that?

"Bianca!" Nico calls out, flying through the house to find Bianca in the library, setting out dishes for lunch on the little coffee table. She looks up at him when he enters and gives him a little smile.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asks setting down a chalice, only four places are set out making Nico smile a little, just him and his family eating together, no annoying werewolves, insane psychics or infuriating pyromancers visiting today.

"What's the ice of the eternal?" Nico asks, Bianca sighs and points to a section of the library about potion ingredients.

"Look there, I think I know but I wouldn't be too sure." Nico nods and swoops over to them, gliding over Thalia who's sitting in an armchair and fiddling with her bow and arrows.

He looks through the books until he finds one of the ingredients for faerie potions, it's a dark pink book with leave patterns all over it. It shakes when he pulls it out, giggling in book-ish. He opens it to the contents, making the books giggle even more.

"Ice of the eternal." Nico says clearly, the book stops giggling and remains still for a second before flicking through itself to one of the last pages, it's a small paragraph at the bottom with a gruesome picture of a faerie with red wings holding onto a human, the words in faerish. "Ice of the eternal is the moisture of those who live forever when they shall not, and then a word that I think means foolish human written in." Nico says aloud, he looks to Bianca who's nodding.

"It means the saliva or blood of an immortal human." She says, they both look to Thalia who groans loudly.

"I hate you both, what am I spitting in?" She asks grumpily giving the string of her bow and little pull making it 'twang' loudly. Nico clicks his fingers and makes a little jar appear in front of her, she takes it in her hands and calmly spits in it.

"Thank you!" Nico beams and he flies out of the room, the jar hovering along beside him.

As he enters his room, he's just in time to catch his phone begin to ring, soaring over to his bed he grabs it and then does a swoop away from the wall and up into the ceiling where a few escaped books from their cage flap wildly away from him.

"Hello?" He says without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hi Nico," come's Percy's cheerful reply but there was something else under that tone, Nico frowns a little.

"What's going on? Are you alright, Perseus?" Nico asks a little more anxiously then he meant, he makes the phone float right beside his head so that he can continue to stir the potion and slowly add the saliva in small potions, just as the book says.

"I'm fine, it's just my parents want to meet you to make sure you're not some creep." Nico's silent for so long that Percy has to speak up again, "Nico? Are you still there?" His voice is panicked, Nico doesn't really understand why though.

"Your mother and father wish to meet me because they think I'm a 'creep', yes?" Nico says slowly, Percy replies with a small 'yes' which makes Nico snort loudly with laughter. "Alright, when?"

Percy laughs too, when he speaks again he sounds a lot happier than before which in return makes Nico happy; "Would you be interested in coming over for lunch, like now?"

Nico was about to reply that he was having a family lunch with his sisters and there's no way he'd give that up for the likes of some human, not that he would actually say that to Percy, he does have some manners. But then he hears the front door open and Hazel's excited 'Frank!' that follows, he sighs, maybe lunch with Percy didn't sounds so bad after all.

"I would be delighted Perseus, tell me where do you live? I shall be there soon." Percy laughs happily and quickly gives Nico his address, Nico hangs up with a small smile on his face. He decides it's because he's getting out of lunch with the werewolf but maybe, deep down he knows it's for another reason.

Nico throws his phone onto the bed and then turns to the potions book, it says clearly to leave the potion with a simmering spell for thirteen hours. Nico sighs and waves his hand over it. "Why's it always thirteen?"

Grabbing a jacket and zapping his boots onto his feet, Nico swoops into the living room where Hazel is talking happily to Frank who's looking at her like a man seeing the sun for the first time, Bianca and Thalia look up when he enters with Frank giving a small twitch of his head in acknowledgement.

"I'm going out for lunch," Nico announces.

"Oh with your little human boy?" Thalia teases, Nico blushes furiously and crosses his arms in angry denial.

"Yes but only because of this stupid bet, I hate all humans." The look that all four of them suddenly give him makes him shrink under their gaze, "well maybe he's a little okay." They all stare at him for a few seconds longer until he teleports away.

Hey Small Bons!

The reasoning behind this chapter, is just that I wanted to feature more Witch!Nico and stuffs....BUT CLIFFY-ISH... yeah, tell me your thoughts!

MASSIVE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO I HOPE YOU HAVE A FAB DAY!

Love Percy xx