Chapter Twenty: Percy Jackson and His Witch-y Boyfriend's Fucked Up Family

"Who are we meeting now?" Percy asks as Nico pulls him up to the attic.

"You'll see." Nico replies, "I'm really sorry about these two. Especially the fire one."

Percy has absolutely no idea what Nico is talking about and he's not sure he wants to know, Nico did mention something about a family member being able to shoot fire from their nostrils and something told him Nico wasn't kidding.

Nico leads him up a small set of stairs and then through a door into the attic, he's in front of Percy with those big wings obscuring Percy's view. Nico suddenly stops, Percy walks right into his and gives a mouth full of feathers- literally. Percy splutters, he spits them out and moves out from behind Nico, he understands why Nico had stopped dead pretty fast.

A scrawny Latino boy with prominent ears and curly brown hair is holding a ball on fire in his hand, recruiting something in what he guesses is Latin as a black bat circles his head. Percy starts to panic for a few seconds, is the boy trying to summon demons or something? He desperately wants to back away, a fear curling up inside his gut, he grabs Nico's hand.

"Hey," Nico soothes, "it's alright, I forget this is new to you." He strokes his thumb over Percy's knuckles and mumbles with a blush growing over his cheeks, "he's reciting 'Anaconda' in Latin."

"Man, he was scared for a second there!" the curly haired boy suddenly yells, he drops his hands and the fire vanishes, he crosses his arms and glares at Nico, "now you're human thinks we're super lame!"

"Oh trust me, you didn't need my help for that." Nico mutters, Percy chuckles.

"Leo, nice to meet you!" He grins as the bat swoops down and suddenly there's a tall blonde man with unnaturally bright blue eyes wearing a suit.

"Jason Grace." He holds his hand out as Nico tries to hold down laughter, making odd snorting noises.

"Hi." Percy replies intelligently.

"He really is not that fancy but I think his parents are visiting." Nico mutters his Percy's ear, his warm breath caressing Percy's neck and sending a shiver down his spine.

"You know when I said you-"

Nico went suddenly white as a sheet, he grabs Percy's wrist and pulls his back down the stairs before Percy can even blink.

"Yeah, bye!" He hauls Percy through the door and shuts it quickly behind him, Percy stares at Nico, those black eyes looking sheepishly back at him.

"I ah...thought I saw a spider." Nico mutters rubbing the back of his head, he smiles awkwardly as Percy raises an eyebrow. "C'mon."

He leads Percy to their library like living room where a lot of things tend to happen in, Thalia is lying across one of the couches playing music loudly. Opheliam and Alice are dancing in the centre of the room, Alice flying and giggling while Opheliam just goes along with it in order to make her happy. Bianca rounds the corner and smiles at the boys before sitting down on the couch, moving Thalia's head onto her lap.

"Is this Halestorm?" Percy asks softly, Thalia perks up.

"You know Halestorm?" She asks him excitedly, he nods, beaming at her. Percy loves Halestorm, but judging by Nico's expression he doesn't share the passion.

"Of course," Percy tells her, "'Amen' is my favourite."

"Dude." Thalia gapes, she leaps to her feet and drags him to the corner where their slightly more modern day items are along with a lot of disbanded items that no one wants but can't be bothered to throw out, everything from old teacups to piles and piles of parchment, "Mine's 'Mrs Hyde'."

Thalia pulls an iPod into her hand that's connected to a large stereo that must have cost an absolute fortune, Percy stares at it with a little jealously before Thalia is waving the iPod around. The two sit down in the corner and begin happily discussing music like they've known each other for years, briefly out of the corner of his eyes, Percy can see Nico and Bianca sharing completely lost glances and he's reminded of the whole 'Nemo fish' ordeal, he grins to himself with contained laughter.

An hour later, Percy and Thalia are still talking about music, the rest of the family has joined them in the living room/library, and Fai's lying across Percy's lap as they discuss the legacy that is Green Day's American Idiot.

"How can a song been that humanly good?" Percy asks, Thalia throws up her arms.

"I don't know!" Thalia cries as the familiar beat plays loudly across the room.

"Why are they discussing American idiots? Isn't that offensive?" Bianca mutters from the couch where she and Nico are playing cards on.

"I don't know, human thing?" Nico offers in return, Percy and Thalia snort loudly at the oblivious but cute witches.

"Hey but," Hazel calls out, "we don't know if Percy's human!" Percy blinks blankly at the psychic girl, Thalia blinks at him.

"What?" Thalia asks.

"Yeah, what?" Percy repeats, he's pretty sure he's human. He hasn't sprouted wings or a tail overnight, his eyes are normal (last time he checked) and no coloured smoke or glowly-light has exploded from his hands. So he has to be human...right?

"I could look into his future," Rachel suggests from an arm chair, her mouth is full of what Percy thinks is sushi as she waves around chopsticks, "see if it tells us what he is."

"You can do that?" Percy asks her, and he thought Nico was cool.

'Nico is not cool,' Fai tells him lifting his head, 'Nico is a great big bag of dicks.'

Percy stares blankly at the wolf, because he suddenly realises how weird it is that he can even hear the wolf talking and don't even get him started on how much he seems to hate Nico, who knew a wolf could be so creative when it came to insults?

"Nico can be cool, and did you just quote Supernatural?" Percy says, Fai wiggles his eyebrows then rests his head back on Percy's lap. Percy frowns, do wolves even have eyebrows?

"Oh yeah, there's definitely something going on there." Hazel agrees taking a sip of tea, so much tea in this house Percy notices, tea, tea, tea!

"So psychic thing?" Bianca asks Rachel, "Do you have any twos?" Nico blinks so incredibly blankly at her for such a long time that the room breaks out into an awkward silence.

"Go fish." He says at least, Bianca pouts and picks up a card from the deck.

"Anyway, I would, but I honestly can't be bothered." Rachel says eating another piece of what Percy realises is sushi, he stares at her, a little offended and she beams at him with a piece of seaweed in her front tooth.

"Are they always like this?" Percy mutters but Nico seems to hear it, he shrugs and lays down a set of four cards.

"You have no idea."

I'm so sorry that was so bad, I just really wanted some Perlia BROTP moments XD any Halestorm fans, I am obsessing over them lately, and I'm craving tea...if you couldn't tell. I hope you liked it! Please vote and comment!

Love Percy xx

��