Chapter Four: Nico di Angelo and the Stupid Things Humans Do

Human shopping centres are undoubtedly the strangest places Nico has ever dared to venture into, he's been to a witches market before. That's perfectly normally, but these human places are just stupid!

There aren't any live creatures being sold nor are there any potion ingredients, he hasn't seen a single homeless fairy trying to sell something cursed. There's hundreds of shops that sell clothing and food with a few other things but the variety stops there, there's entire shops dedicated to shoes for vampire's sake! A witch's market has respectful shops with all the things a witch could possibly need to take over the world to these cute bracelet charms that Bianca loves to buy for Thalia.

But these humans.....humans....Nico swore loudly under his breath in Greek as he walks slowly around the giant building, avoiding humans as he went. Finally he decides to sit down because this circling is doing nothing but anger him about the stupidity of humans, not that it's anything particularly new. He walks past a girl with long brown hair and glasses whose talking quite loudly and passionately to another girl, much shorter with thick and messy black hair who's chewing some gum about 'how Drarry is her true OTP and Destiel can never take their place' only for the shorter girl to retaliate about whatever 'Destiel' is. Nico shivers slightly, humans scare him sometimes. Just a little. Past the girls is a small table in the corner of what's called a 'food court', he makes a beeline for it and sits down quickly.

He's been sitting alone for a few minutes, slouching with his feet on the chair beside him playing with the purple crystal along his neck and contemplating just hiding in the toilet and teleport home when some human is tapping him on the shoulder. He jumps and turns to face them, he sees a familiar pair of gorgeous green eyes staring back at him.

The teenager is a tall and lanky boy, much taller than Nico's own height but he's got a lean build. His hair is thick and black, falling into his eyes with half of it shaved off and the ends dyed dark blue. Through his soft looking lips is silver ring, his skin is a golden tan and his features are to die for (And had he been alive when Jason was born, they would have been). High cheek bones and a chiselled jaw, clearly sculpted by some hoodoo warlock.

But his eyes, those are Nico's favourite part of this human. They're bright and creative but at the same time scarred and delicate, a sea green with fleck of blue along the careful strokes of green.

"Hey," he says so softly, "you're the guy from the bus, right?"

"That's me, you're friends with that blonde girl, aren't you?" Nico replies, looking at the boys slouched and hidden posture, like he was scared of being seen doing anything.

"Yeah, I just wanted to thank you for standing up to them." Nico gave him a light smile, which surprised him slightly. This human didn't seem so bad, he smelt like salt and chocolate and he hasn't said anything stupid yet or done anything. "Are you new to town?" Nico shakes his head and quickly removes his feet from the chair when he realises that they're still there, though he does hope the human doesn't take this as an invitation to sit. He doesn't like the teenager that much.

"I live with my family on the outskirts of town," He adds carefully, remembering what Rachel told him to use as a cover, "I'm home-schooled."

"Cool, I sometimes wish I could be home schooled. Public school sucks." Nico remembers those kids from the bus, their cruel gossiping about some homosexual juvenile and what he guessed what rumours about a girl who went off to some party. He hadn't it really given the conversation he'd overheard much thought over the night between now and then but he realised that they were talking about that blonde girl and this human before him.

"So I heard on that bus, are you Perry?" The teenager laughs lightly and pulls out the seat across from Nico, he sits down on it backwards to face Nico. Nico groans inwardly, this is exactly what he didn't want to happen. Stupidly social creatures, humans are. They should spend time with Jason in his dark cave, literally.

"I'm Perseus, call me Percy though. One thing teenagers like that are not good that is keeping track of names, even when they're sprouting disgusting lies about them." The human says; Percy. Nico rolls the name around in his head then does the same with 'Perseus', from Greek Mythology. It suits him in an odd way.

"So you're not gay?" Nico says cocking his head to the side, Percy looks away, a little embarrassed.

"I never said that."

Holy dragons' humans are confusing, but he just said that they were sprouting lies! So which would indicate that the tales of him being a homosexual were a lie, but then he is gay? He just said that he was, right? This is one of the reasons Nico hates humans, they can never make up your minds! He thinks of an old witch saying that Hazel is very fond of, "Humans will never burn, not when they can sit and think about whether they should or not." She uses it a lot when talking about Leo, not that Nico can blame her. But humans are far worse than that pyromancer could ever hope to be! Good gods. Humans.

"Percy!"

They both look up to see that blonde girl and another boy Nico has never seen again, he's rather tall with curly brown hair on his head with a wispy brown beard on his chin and warm chocolate brown eyes. He's using crutches and wears a thick beanie on his head, Nico frowns slightly. The man seems off a little, the way he carries himself. It seems a little unnatural.

"Hey, you're the guy from the bus!" The blonde smile brightly, that anger from the previous day but those stormy grey eyes are still as calculating as ever.

"That's me." Nico says quietly.

"We never did get your name, I'm Annabeth by the way and this is Grover, that's Percy." She continues, Nico shakes her hand but when he turns to Grover he's staring at him in bewilderment, Nico frowns but quickly turns away.

"I've already met Perseus." Nico says, he sees Grover glance to Percy behind him but he seems almost amused when he turns away again, Nico decided to ignore it, humans and their odd tendencies, he didn't care to get mixed up in them. This was getting far too sociable for him and that Grover human stunk really badly, like old plants and...Is that goat?

"I've got to get going, my sister will be expecting me home. Perhaps I shall see you again if you ever fun into any more cruel teenagers and their gossip." Nico stands and nods to them, he starts to walk away but is stopped by a hand on his arm.

"Wait, you never told us your name." Percy says looking a lot like a lost puppy.

"Nico." He says smiling and hurries away without looking back.

DID YOU LIKE IT?! I HOPED YOU DID! Why am I in caps, calm Percy, calm. I just found out that di Angelo is spelt with a small 'd' and I feel like such a shit fan, I'm so sorry. I need to change all of that.

DEDICATED TO marinajackson1000 AND MASSIVE HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY  BECAUSE I SEE HER COMMENTS ALL THE TIME AND SHE'S REALLY FUNNY AND HER PROFILE PICTURES GIVES ME HAPPY FEELS!

Please vote and comment, tell me anything and everything of what you thought!

Love Percy xx