Chapter Sixteen: Nico di Angelo and his Not-Twilight-At-All Moment of Idiocy

Nico knew that this moment would be coming sooner or later. He's known Percy for a full two months, Bianca had to re-perform the spell that kept him looking mortal, Hazel and Frank got engaged (that part just sucked but he was happy for them, even if the house was going to be home to Frank's actual pet wolf called Fai), Rachel almost died because of some rotten eggs (long story), he'd walked in on Thalia and Bianca no less them three times, Piper and Annabeth got together, Drew's broken her nose and the Jackson family couldn't be happier, Alice and Opheliam have wriggled their way into the family and under no circumstances will Nico admit that he may or may not adore Alice as another sister (She's annoying! Okay maybe he liked her.....just a little) and Arlo hasn't been since 'the incident'.

But the one thing that hadn't happened was Percy finding out that we wasn't...well human. That was until Nico went to pick him up from school and Alice fucked everything up.

Nico leans against his Impala, tapping out a tune with his fingers tips, he's pretty sure it's Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston but he's not going to admit that out loud, it wasn't his fault Alice, Hazel and Rachel where dancing to it (along with some Elvis) all night and it wasn't his fault that he was forced to join in because he was seen as the weak link.

"I knew you liked that song." Nico almost wet himself at the sudden voice, he whirled around to see Alice sitting on the roof, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Do you want to be seen?" He whisper-yells at her, she shrugs and beams at him, flashing that gold tooth, "what are you wearing?" He blurts, she giggles and shrugs again.

She's wearing this giant leather coat that hangs off her like a sheet, reaching a food foot or two past her hanging feet, it's baggy around her shoulders and she's tiny inside. She's still got that giant Mad Hatter hat on but now there's this veil like thing hanging in front of her face, sunglasses too, giant ones. She wears black and white striped stockings with blue boots though they're hard to see beneath that coat and a long blue dress she wears up to her calves.

"I am blending in, so the humans cannot see my wings." Alice explains giggling again, "can't start a panic, can we, Neeki-poo?"

"You are not blending in Alice, you look like someone who's just escaped a 1800s mental asylum." She shrugs again, and he sighs. "So why are you hear then?"

"I've been in a 1800s mental asylum." She says blankly and Nico has no idea how to respond that so she starts talking again, I'm bored." She said in a perfect Benedict Cumberbatch voice, "Bianca broke my favourite Elvis record and Rachel's out of flower crowns for me to buy. I thought you might be doing something interesting but you're off with your stupid human." She spits like a disgruntled child.

"So you figured fuck it and came despite the humans." She nods sourly and looks away, he gives her side a poke but she scowls like a toddler again. "Alright I'm sorry for insulting your outfit and for making you feel unwanted, are we cool?" He says just as the bell goes with about much interest as a card board cut out, but Alice in all her Alice-ness found it acceptable and leaps into his arms. It's a good thing she's tiny, with the coat weighing more than her otherwise he would have fallen over.

"I forgive you Neeki-poo." She giggles, her legs around his waist and arms around his neck, squeezes the juices loud of him despite her size, Nico groans and tries to push her off but she clings on.

"Can you not?" He begs her, she giggles and its right next to his ear making him wince away.

"Are we interrupting?" Annabeth asks from somewhere near him but there's so much white hair in his face that he can't really tell where, Alice lets out a shriek that rattles his ear drums. She launches herself off him, doing a backwards flips and landing on the ground, looking a little too elegant and smooth for someone who well....'couldn't fly but luckily she tripped on her coat and fell to the ground.