Chapter Twenty-Five: Percy Jackson and How Not to Handle a Break Up: A Guide

First of all, it wasn't that Percy was sulking per say, and it wasn't as if he was stroppy, he was just... nursing his broken heart in his dark bedroom with ice cream and Mrs O'Leary. And he certainly wasn't being rude, oh no, he had never once snapped rudely at his mothers or yelled at his dad, no, he was being sassy; big difference.

Second of all, Percy did not have a broken heart (despite what we'd just clarified), he wasn't aching inside because of Nico's lies and betrayal and he certainly wasn't in love with Nico still....but he was and more. Forget broken, Percy's heart had shattered. Percy had never been with anyone else before Nico, before Nico he was bullied a lot but his sister and her 'friends' but then Nico changed it all, and now he and Piper could never be closer. But it had all been a lie. Just a bet between witches, something to amuse them as they sat wasting away, immortal lives on an endless clock.

'You're being so depressing.' Percy glares at his fish tank, his sea slug named Horace wiggling around, 'it can't be all bad, you'll find another weird witch!'

'Don't say that!' Joey, his terrapin in a separate tank squeaks in a strong southern accent, 'Our Percy isn't a slut, he don't just go throwing 'imself at anyone!'

"You're not helping, either of you." Percy grumbles into his tear and ice cream stained pillow, Mrs O'Leary makes a small noise of agreement while Lupa just snuggles closer to the much bigger hellhound.

'Why don't you just change your gender and go hunting for some ladies?' Horace continues, Percy glares up from the mush of his pillow.

"What?"

'You know...change your gender...can humans not do that?'

"...Well yes?...no, not really and I don't want to be a girl!"

'You're loss, I heard Sally was getting ready to be Steven.' Percy glances at his clown fish Sally (after his mum) who's looking a little bewildered, then back to Horace who's trying to eat the glass.

"That doesn't make me feel any better, this whole conversation was a waste of time." Percy grumbles rudely, all his fish and Joey (the terrapin) flinch away and dart away to hide. Percy sighs and flops back down onto his pillow, a tear or two escaping as he remembers how much Nico would love his fish.

'You're asking invertebrates for advice dear, what did you except?' Mrs O'Leary drawls sleepily, 'but I do think they have a point, just move on Percy it's been a week.'

Just move on she says, just move on? He can't believe what he's hearing, doesn't she know that he would if he could? But it was easier said than done, Percy loved Nico, no, loves him. A part of him thought Nico was the one, someone to grow old with. But then, Percy remembers that Nico wouldn't grow old, he never would because he's a witch. A witch who never cared about Percy, never loved him. It had all been a bet, a bet to make a poor little human fall in love with a witch! And of course Percy stood no chance, what with those gorgeous eyes, that hair, his face, the tinge of an Italian accent, his charming persona, ho-

Percy made a noise that sounded like a distressed pterodactyl, he launches to his feet and storms out of the room. Mrs O'Leary and Lupa jump in fright at the movement then stare as he marches out of the room. Piper and Reyna's heads poke out of their shared bedroom as he marches fuming down the hall, Percy isn't exactly sure where he's going all he knows that he needs to get away from those thoughts, away from his room where so many memories of Nico.

"Oh my god, he's alive." Piper grins, Percy flips her the bird and marches past.

Ignoring all family members he encounters, grabbing his boots and storming out the door. After walking around the corner he sits on the curb and pulls his shoes on, his hair is a rat's nest, his eyes red and puffy, he's wearing Nico's jacket and his scruffiest jeans. Percy sighs, that anger and motivation deflating out of him and he'd wishes he'd just stayed put in his bed listening to those stupid fish. But no, he's out on the street in late afternoon with dried ice cream in his hair and wearing the clothing of the man who broke his heart. Great.

He hunches his shoulders and continues walking down the street, his direction aimless. He circles the block a few times then the next before walking back towards his house. The sun setting behind him as he passes the alleyway where Nico had his impala, Percy sighs a little, man, he loved that car. He finds himself stumbling towards the alley for no reason, the dark little section is bringing back more memories that he doesn't want and he's soon crying again. This pathetic cycle of self-pity and tears, he wanted it to end but the hole in his heart hurt too much.

The alley was dark, he walked to the end and hung his head. A feeling creeps over him, like he was being watched. Frowning his turns and starts to head out the alley, but that feeling stays and soon it's a shiver up his spine. Percy glances to the end of the ally and he sees a figure. How cliché it was, a dark figure in an alleyway at night. The damsel (Percy himself, he realises with horror) caught in a trap only there was no hero riding in the save Percy this time, his hero had been a liar.

"Hello Perseus." Percy's stomach churns at the voice, something underlining the sweet words. The man starts walking towards him, something near his mouth glints pearly white. Percy takes a step back, looking up with fear in his chest, he meets a pair of blood red eyes.

I was going to make this a funnier but I just want to get this finished so I can focus on my other stories so yah...sorry for the wait! I hope you enjoyed all the same! :D

Please leave your thoughts!

Love Percy xx