Chapter Twenty-Seven: Nico di Angelo and this Musical Montage of Heroics

So at first I was like; "this is it, this is the climax. This is the chapter you've been planning since the start." But then I had an idea and all seriousness went down the drain. Enjoy, feel free to play the song!

"He's finally lost it."

Nico stares dazed at the ceiling, his mind fuzzing over into a confusing, whirling blur of thoughts and feels and for a second he forgets where he is and what he's doing. He think it's Thalia who spoke but he's momentarily forgotten who he is so he isn't too sure.

"Where am I?" He groans, Hazel's face appears above him as she peers down and chuckles slightly.

"On the floor."

"Oh, marvellous." Nico mutters sarcastically but then he suddenly remembered why he was on the floor in a flash of golden stupidity, "Percy!"

"What?" Hazel deadpans but he leaps into the air, flapping his wings madly and teleports out of the room.

He hovers in nothingness, tracking Percy. He's near his house, down some alley way. It's dark, storm clouds overhead, and there's someone with him...Nico lets out a snarl and he's suddenly in the alleyway, standing in front of Percy. He growls, a crouches low in a fighting position, his wings swooping backwards in an animalistic display, to make him look bigger and scarier then he actually was- which was already quite scary.

He opens his mouth to say something dramatic but he realises that he still has his earphones in, Bonnie Tyler still playing loudly from his iPod that managed to survive the fall with the cauldron.

"Oh the irony, it burns." Nico mutters to himself as Bonnie sings, 'Where have all the good men gone?' He supposed he ought to take the headphones out as they did take away from the seriousness from the situation but then Miss Tyler had spoken and he decided not to mess with that.

He pins his attention to the figure walking slowly towards him, eyes a glowing dark red and blade-like teeth resting on a bottom lip. Vampire. Nico tilts his head, he recognizes this vampire's aura, but from where?

"Look at the little fairy, rushing in to save his love." He coos, voice sickly sweet, Nico curls his lip.

"I'm a witch."

"No matter, you'll be dead soon enough."

"Excuse me? 'It doesn't matter'? Did I hear that right, there's no need to be so rude!" Nico gasps, highly offended.

The vampire steps close enough that Nico can see him clearly, he's looking very irritated and Nico realises why he recognized that aura. Arlo.

"Oh...it's you." Nico grunts, "gross."

"Gross?" Arlo screeches, "What does that mean?"

Nico shrugs, "it means gross. Now c'mon snake, let's rattle!" He foxtrots his way forward, his hands glowing purple and blue. Bonnie Tyler's still playing loudly through his earphones, black goo leaking from his eyes in his concentration and the amount of power he was beginning to channel.

'Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?

Late at night I toss and I turn,

And I dream of what I need.'

Nico shoots a purple bolt of magic towards Arlo, who back flips away from it and draws a sword from his back. Nico raises an eyebrow at how dramatic the vampire is insisting on being, shooting another bolt at him. It ricochets off the blade and back at Nico, who ducks for it to narrowly miss a terrified Percy by a hair's breadth.