Chapter Seven: Nico di Angelo and Rachel's Guide to Not Being Stealthy

To be completely clear, Nico is not nervous, he's not anxious and he most certainly isn't excited for this 'date'...just to be clear.

But then what's up with the butterflies in his stomach, his weak knees and shaky hands? He tells himself that it's because of the human covered environment but even so...

He's standing outside a little tea shop, not just any though, Rachel's tea shop. It is nestled between big flashier shops, the door covered with beads and the windows draped with purple and pink curtains that gave the whole shop a coloured atmosphere.

Percy comes jogging up the street a few moments later, exactly five minutes early. Nico smiles a little when he sees the human, Percy waves to him and smiles back. He freezes when he realises when he's smiling, it's not like he's actually happy to see said human, he just needs to get this stupid bet over and done with.

"Hi Nico." Percy smiles warmly when he reaches Nico's side, his eyes lighting up with the smile making him look very adorable and handsome at the same time, Nico blushes faintly at the thought and moves his shoulders a little, pretending they're his wings, ruffling them always calmed him down but now that some stupid tailed sister has gotten rid of them, he can't.

"Hello Perseus, shall we?" He opens the door of the tea shop and steps inside, Percy blushes brightly and steps inside, admiring the place as he does so. Nico's been here so many times before, though normally in the later hours on the day when it's closed and he can teleport straight into his favourite armchair.

The tables all has designs carved into the door, everything from Maori korus to medieval dragons, a fire burns away in the corner with warm couches and armchairs around the tables rather than normal chairs. Rachel sits on a black armchair that has longer legs then most armchairs so she can be at an appropriate height for the counter. It's covered with little trinkets, cookies, tea bags and coins.

"You come here often?" Percy asks quietly, Nico nods as he leads the way into the shop, noticing Rachel perk up immediately leaving the book she has in her lap.

"Yes," Nico mutters as Rachel dashes out from behind the counter, "my friend owns the pl-oof!" Rachel bundles him up into her bangle covered arms and squeezes him tightly.

"Oh Nico! I thought you wouldn't come, not after stupid Leo at dinner three days ago, Hazel and I were ready to-oh!" She cuts herself off suddenly at the sight of Percy. "Oh hello! You must be the hooman I've heard all about!" She beams, stressing 'hoo' instead of 'human'.

"Ah, hi?" Percy says quietly, Rachel laughs and pulls him into a hug that he remains frozen throughout while Nico mutters angrily, too quiet for Percy to hear.

"Heard all about? Have I even mentioned him once? Stupid psychic."

"So what can I get you?" Rachel continues going back to her armchair and nestling herself comfortably among the pastel blue and pink pillows, Nico steps up towards the counter and looks over the piece of paper glued to the top that has all the options.

"Ah cup of Earl Grey tea thanks, Perseus?" Nico turns to Percy who peeks at the menu over Nico's shoulder.

"An iced chocolate, thanks." Percy says, Rachel beams happily at him and nods, writing their orders down on her hand.

"They're my favourite." Rachel says, Percy grins and replies with a, "Mine too!"

"I am sorry we had to come here," Nico says, leading Percy to his favourite table, one right beside the fire with his favourite dark red armchair and a dark table with a phoenix carved into it. "I know it's not very fancy or anything, or very exciting but my sisters are stupid and insist on looking out for, and quite frankly I would not know where else to go."

"I don't mind," Percy says sitting down in the other armchair and absentmindedly admiring the table with awe. "I like it here, though Rachel scares me a little." Nico turns to see her sniffing the handle of a mug and then a straw in turn, frowning deeper and deeper.

"Yeah, well, she is a bit..." He makes a 'cuckoo' motion with his finger beside his head, "but she is like my sister, Percy chuckles quietly and shakes his head.

"I keep hearing about these infamous sisters, you seem quite close." Percy says prompting Nico to say more, Nico thinks silently to himself for a second or two, while he barely knows this human and dislikes his kind, he can't help but want to tell Percy more about himself, but even more, to listen contently for hours all about him.

"Bianca is my full sister, older by two years and Hazel is younger then me by three, I've always been with them, my parents died when I was quite young and well..."

Suddenly he's telling Percy all about his family, his friends, leaving out the magic and vampire part of course but he's enjoying talking to Percy, he's a good listener. And then Percy's telling him about himself, how his father just got remarried and his gained two new siblings even though he's already got two, about his big black dog named Mrs O'Leary and his pet fish. He's laughing and talking easily with Percy like they've known each other forever, and Nico is rather familiar with the concept of forever.

They're laughing about Bryce at the school, about the prank Percy had played on Annabeth and how much his two friends mean to him, Nico's telling Percy about Jason and Leo and Percy is laughing and smiling brightly at his outrageous and slightly modified but true tales.

And then suddenly it's been over three hours, Nico isn't quite sure where the time's gone but he's paying with Percy leaving a tip and buying a little blue bracelet with a feather on it from the bowl for his sister Reyna and their leaving.

"We should do this another time." Percy says when they're standing outside in the early dusk, Nico smiles at him and Percy blushes.

"I would like that a lot Perseus." Nico says and if you ever asked him, he's lie, lie and lie again, but he does genially want to spend more time with Percy, not that he's ever say it out loud.

"Bye Nico." Percy pauses, looking embarrassed but like he's thinking quickly, then he stretches up to close those extra inches between them and gives Nico a gentle kiss on the cheek with his feather soft lips.

Those green eyes look into Nico's black ones, they light up with a smile that the black one's return and then Percy is hurrying away with a blush blooming on his face.

Nico's still smiling as he goes to re-enter the shop, already hearing the rising noise of his friends and family's arrival. But just as his hand touches the door, his smile drops and he scowls.

He's a human, Percy is a human and nothing more.

But then he frowns and something inside him feels funny, his hands flutters up and gently touches his cheek where Percy kissed him and frowns more.

HELLO SMALL BONS!

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT BUT I HOPED YOU LIKED IT! I'VE NEVER BEEN FANGIRLING SO MUCH WHILE WRITING A CHAPTER! You can thank Elvis for my motivation to write this ;) I dunno why, but I have this really weird urge to put myself in this.....and. I. Don't. Know. Why. O_O Any one have any ideas on why I have said urge and what I should do? I DON'T WANNA BE EGOTISTICAL OR ANYTHING AND GAHH

CRAP I ALMOST FORGOT THE DEDICATION OMFG! THIS IS DEDICATED TO ThePhantomCaptain  BECAUSE HER COMMENTS MAKE ME LAUGH SO MUCH AND SHE'S JUST AN AWESOME HUMAN BEAN!

Please vote and leave a comment if you liked it or loved it, ya' know, I'm good with both :D

Percy xx