Chapter Twenty-One: Nico di Angelo and the Fun of Warlock Curses

Other edition of the title:

Nico di Angelo His Total Keeper of a Boyfriend and He's Completely and Utterly in Love With

There are things in Nico's life that he despises with every fragment of his being, being woken up at four am is one of them. Sadly though, Percy is one of the things that he loves with every fragment of his being so the fact that he was at a bit of a confusing stand-still over the situation is completely understandable.

Nico rubs his forehead with his hand, gazing up at his ceiling as a awoken Small Bob purrs against his chest, "I swear to fucking god, this had better be go-"

"Nico, you have to help me." Percy's frantic voice interrupts, the scowl that Nico didn't realise he was pulling fades a little but it's four in the morning.

"Perseus." Nico whines, "What is it?"

"I can hear my fish talking, my fish!" Percy whisper-yells into his phone, "and they won't shut up! Why can hear them talking?" He's getting louder and louder with each word, Nico flinches and prays to whatever god there may be that he doesn't wake up Piper because good lord that girl got grumpy.

"Perseus, deep breath, calm down." Nico soothes, he hears Percy inhale and exhale loudly. Though while he sounds calm, Nico's mind is going crazy. If Percy can hear his fish talk along with Fai and he presumes Lupa and Mrs O'Leary as well then there's obviously something going on, perhaps he's a witch but then again he should have some kind of freakish attribute and after what had almost happened a few nights ago.....Nico was pretty sure he couldn't be hiding anything as a blush flared up on his cheeks. If he wasn't a witch then he could be some kind of what he lazily called 'Mancers', witches with skills only in a certain area like Alice and Leo. An animal-mancer...yeah he was pretty sure those don't exist.

"Try and get some sleep, we'll research tomorrow, okay? I promise." Nico says softly.

"Okay." Percy breathes, "oh, Nico?"

"Yes, Perseus?"

"I'm sorry for waking you up." Nico laughs a little to himself, not too long ago he would have ripped someone to shreds if they ever woke him up at this hour but now, he was just mildly annoyed.

"It's alright, goodnight."

"Night."

It's at ten O'clock that Nico calls Percy to pick him up, Percy meets him in the alleyway near his house and they teleport back to the di Angelo residence. Nico leads Percy into the library and calls all of his own books that might have something to do with their current problem, he then clicks his fingers for some tea and biscuits and they're all set.

The book at the top of Nico's pile is an Italian leather bound book on warlock curses (different to witches), Nico makes a grumbling noise and opens it to the first page. The first curse is telling him about a common warlock curse that causes one's bones to turn to mush and then reform in the wrong places. About 180 years ago Hazel got hit with one of those curses and it wasn't pretty, it took more healing magic then Bianca and Nico had ever used before, knocking them both out by the end and a very, very dead warlock.

On the next page is one where the victim is engulfed in flames, the dying will take years but they ever so slowly burn and burn, forever burning but not to death, not yet. Leo had been hit with one of those once and it had been rather funny to see his confused expression when the warlock seemed pleased with himself. Jason had toasted warlock that night. And so Nico continues to read reminiscing all the stories he might have warlock curses, warlocks are incredibly common and normally very thick. They often thought of themselves as the only supernatural creatures as they were born to human parents. If one was to come across a cult that worshiped a powerful god among them it was probably a power happy warlock, they weren't very powerful, not in comparison to witches or even (as much as Nico hates it) werewolves or vampires.