Chapter Five: Nico di Angelo and the Second Time he Almost Killed a Pyromancer

The cottage that appeared to be rather small had been ridiculously decked out. Which Nico thought was completely stupid and a waste of time, especially since Hazel had insisted they decorated manually. The dining room has been enlarged to a giant hall with a twenty foot mahogany table, the hall was made of white and grey marble with a great glass and gold chandelier hanging from an iron and silver braided chain, candles hung in brackets all along the walls. The table is covered with a white table cloth, plates and silverware set out neatly in front of each. The head is two dark brown wooden chairs with gold rimming and red velvet backing, the side have similar chairs only they have bronze backing, bar two that have silver.

"Why are we even putting all this effort in? It's not like they aren't here 24/7." Nico complains loudly, flying over the table with big, lazy flaps with his wings.

"Because we have some special guests that we need to impress." Bianca snaps from where she's straightening out all the forks.

"Oh yeah, like who?" Nico snaps, Bianca glares at him.

"Like..." Bianca trails off, Nico grumbles swear words under his breath. Bianca waves her hand, ignoring him and goes back to her forks.

"Well? How do I look?" Thalia pipes up from the door at the end of the hall, Nico looks up at the same time Bianca does.

Thalia's spikey black hair with blue ends is as wild as ever, but she's wearing this elegant black dress that's supposed to reach the floor with a layer lace black rose netting over the soft fabric. Though, with Thalia being the one wearing it, it's been ripped so it reaches her knees and she's paired it with a pair of brown combat boots.

"Very classy." Nico snorts at the same time Bianca breathes 'beautiful', Thalia blushes and regards Bianca like they're the only two in the room. Nico grumbles to himself, he lands softly on the ground as Hazel slips in the hall with her arms linked with Rachel's.

Hazel's wearing this long and flowing dress that fades from a dark purple at the top to the bottom with a very light lilac, her hair has been tamed down into two tight French braids that rest on her shoulders with small flowers of different colour threaded throughout. Rachel wears a dress a little similar to Hazel's only hers in red and trails out behind her, her shoulders are covered by pink shawl with hundreds of bangles lining her arms.

"Looking lovely Hazzy." Nico smiles, Hazel beams at him, she releases Rachel to pull her taller brother into a hug.

"Please try to have a little fun Nico, I know this isn't your cup of tea." She says kissing his cheek and patting it afterwards.

"Speaking of tea." Rachel drawls from behind, Hazel agrees with her quickly as they take their seats. Hazel on one of the silver chairs and Rachel beside her on a bronze chair.

Nico glances around, Bianca has lead Thalia to the other Silver chair and placed a fond kiss on her temple before walking over to Nico. Bianca has a shimmering gold dress that reaches her knees, with white stockings and matching heels. Her long hair is piled upon her hair in a circular braid, a little silver crown with a black gem in the centre nestled with her locks.

"Are you going to be a little more presentable then that?" Bianca asks bluntly, Nico scowls at her. If it was up to him, leather jackets and pyjama pants would be formal wear, no doubt about it. He rolls his eyes and clicks his fingers, his outfit changing with a small flash of dark blue light.

He now wears a white dress shirt tucked into black jeans, the top three buttons opened. On his feet are black boots, his hair is loose with diamond earrings through his ears and a gold chair across his wingspan, hanging from the piercing he got as a lost bet. "Better?"

"Well it's not pyjamas so it'll have to do." Bianca grumbles, Nico beams at her to which she only rolls her eyes and struts off, her tail fluttering sassily back at him. He goes to take his seat but a hand on his wrist stop him, he look down at Hazel who grins at him, a cup of tea in her hands.

With the other she places a mini dark purple rose from her hair into his wings, right beside the chain. She then nods with satisfaction and goes back to talk to chatting with Rachel about how hard it is to find Phoenix wishbones these days.

About an hour later, all the guests have arrived. Nico's sitting at the head with Bianca on the other gold chair while she chats with Thalia and Leo. The guests aren't anyone special, Leo and Jason of course, supporting bow ties that matched each other's eyes, Frank looking dashing in a suit that Hazel obviously picked out for him, the bus Satyr Nico saw in the human town, Gleeson Hedge looking very out of place but with his Nymph wife Mellie and son Chuck, Clarisse La Rue, a werewolf and close friends of the Hedge family with her boyfriend Chris; an aquamancer, finally is a faerie named Will Solace with large wings who keeps winking at Nico and attempting to yell a conversation from the other end of the table.

Nico shivers, he hates faeries, but don't get him started on leprechauns.

He avoids all conversation, just willing the party to be over and he can go to bed. His mind drifts to his pet sabretooth cat, only a kitten and made of only bones but the sweetest little thing ever. He just wants to curl up with his kitten and read books by candle light, forgetting about his dallying with humans for just a few hours. Though his daydreaming is short lived because he's forced into conversation by a loud Satyr.

"So why were you in the human world birdie?" Gleeson pipes up, Nico looks up from his tomato soup to stare at Gleeson. The table hushes over at the word human making Nico wish the ground would swallow him up. Of course he could make that happen but it would be rather rude.

"Oh yes," Leo grins, placing his elbows on the table and beaming at Nico, his happiness at his suffering from this stupid bet pisses Nico off so much that he's this close to zapping Leo into another century.

"Well I-I." Nico mumbles, wishing he could just die in that moment.

His mind drifts to those humans on the bus, the cruel ones that made leering jests at Percy's homosexuality and at the Annabeth girl, and then Percy and Annabeth, that goat boy- Grover. They were different for humans, not that he knew any other than Thalia. He didn't mind them to be completely honest, not that he would ever admit to Hazel or Bianca, for heaven forbid Leo. Though the fact that he has to make a human fall in love with him puts him off all three humans immensely.

"Have you met one you like?" Leo asks, faking innocence as he wiggles his eyebrows.

Nico almost falls off his chair when Percy appears before him, his cheeks flame bright red at his own thoughts. Hazel makes a noise from beside him that sounds ridiculously happy while Leo bursts out laughing.

"That's it matchstick." Nico snarls, he goes to launch himself into the air but a strong tail wraps around his waist and pulls him crashing back onto his chair. He yelps and flails out at the strong impact, his wing arcing out in a powerful sweep that smashes into Bianca's chair and then the table.

Nico and Bianca's chairs are sent banging to the ground, the table tremors from Nico's wing impact, and his bowl of soup shivers before falling from the table and onto his head with a neat little plop.

Hey Small Bons!

I hope you enjoyed that chapter and I'm sorry for the wait. He, he, writing Percico is so much fun :P

Please vote and comment!

Love Percy xx