Chapter Twenty-Six: Nico di Angelo and his Hate for Pink Tea Cups

Nico was not handling this well.

The hurt and anger in his gut was stabbing him constantly, he felt sick and poorly. He wanted it to end, he's do anything for it to end. To make this pain stop, to bring his Percy back to him. To take it all back, to have never made that bet, to have never fallen in love in the first place.

But it couldn't. And the pain stayed.

Some days he was angry, furious, screaming and stomping around the house, destroying things while an upset and hurt Hazel fixed everything. Bianca would scream back at him and the house would sit tensely for the whole day, a white anger floating through the air. Other days he would cry. He'd never been one to cry or be so pathetic over anything but there was a single day when he couldn't hold it in anymore, the tears kept coming and his sisters would hold him and try to help but he was something but pain and sadness.

Nico had never been in love before, he'd never had his heart broken so badly. He'd never let his walls down long enough for someone to break them down, this feeling was completely new to him. He didn't know how to handle it.

"Nico?" Thalia pokes her head around the door of the living room, she looks hesitant, and Nico had barely looked at her since the breakup. It's because he sees Percy in you, he heard Bianca telling her softly one night. And in a way, he guessed that was true. The two were a lot alike.

"Yeah?" Nico asks, his voice sore and tired. A part of him felt so finished with it all, he just wanted it all to end.

"Um, afternoon tea is ready if you want a cuppa'?" She asks softly, Nico laughs without humour and drags himself out of the darkness. She looks surprised that he actually agreed to come, but leads him out anyway.

"You've been with us for far too long, 'cuppa''?" Nico asks her, Thalia pokes her tongue out and shrugs. They enter the living room where both his sisters, plus Frank, Fai, Jason, Leo and Rachel are all sitting with cups of tea and biscuits. So very lame- and old people like. Nico sometimes forgot because their mental age didn't tend to stretch far, but everyone he knew was old as fuck. And while they didn't like to admit it, they were pretty much a bunch of old grannies sitting around playing cards and drinking tea.

Nico felt a horrible shudder go through him at how paedophilic his and Percy's relationship is. Was, he reminds himself, and then she's thinking about Percy the small burst of amusement from his stomach is gone.

"You look like a sad pancake." Leo blurts, Bianca facepalms loudly while Hazel shoots him a glare.

"A pancake? How do I look like a pancake?" Nico grumbles, Leo shrugs and takes an awkward sip from his cup.

"You just look distinctly..." he pauses and glances around, no one rushes to his aid and he gulps before meeting Nico's eyes, "pancake-y."

"Pancake-y?"

"Pancake-y."

"Right, thanks Leo. That makes me feel so much better." Nico drawls sarcastic but the pyromaniac brightens immediately.

"Really?"

"No."

Nico slinks across the room and flies up to a shelf on the wall, nesting in between a cauldron and some old books about werewolves. He poof-ed up a cup of tea and sips it angrily, which looked absolutely ridiculous. He looked like a little hunched over bat thing with cartoonish ears flat on his head, scowling as he sips tea from a delicate tea cup with flowers on it.

"Is he alright?" Frank whispers loudly to Hazel, the gold eyed psychic glances at him briefly with a deadpan look on her face.

"What do you think?"

"No?"

"Good job." She smiles and pets his head, Frank looks bewildered and a little hurt. Nico feels the smallest twinge of guilt for him but he's too busy being angry with pink flowers on a cup to do anything.

Nico grumbles something and clicks his fingers, an iPod and earphones Percy gave him appearing on his lap. He places them in and plays the first song that comes up. Bonnie Tyler's I Need a Hero. He groans but is too lazy to change it, and so he stays and sits. It's then, as he's sitting on a shelf with his stupid tea cup of sour tea, produced from his powers being all wonky from his heartache, and a song that he dislikes playing loudly, that it happens.

His wings are all cramped up behind him against the wall, they're quite large and covered in silky, glossy feathers. Expect for one small patch. It was hardly noticeable, near the top of his right wing there was a feather missing. A feather he had removed himself and threaded with magic and power for his ex-boyfriend. A gift that was going to protect him, whenever he was in danger, Nico would feel is where that missing feather once was.

His wing felt numb all over, expect for that one spot, it pricked with pain as a sharp stab of energy stokes through him. He gasps, a trail of blue smoke escaping his lips. A scene flashes before his eyes, his Percy at the end of an alleyway, a figure with blood red eyes walking slowly towards him.

Nico gasps again and does the think that any potential damsel saviour would do.

He promptly smacked a cauldron with his wing, sending it crashing to the floor, frightening him in its fall and causing him to lose his balance and fall off the shelf after it.

Hey lovelies!

I'm so very sorry for such a hideous wait so I thought, how could I possible make it up to you? And then I had a little idea.

A character ask.

Anything at all that you want to ask the characters you can, I'll post all the answers at the end of the next chapter! I think it'll be fun, and I'm hoping you guys might have fun too? :)

So who's your question for? Just inline comment on their name or specify in your comment who it's for!

Nico

Percy

Hazel

Bianca

Thalia

Annabeth

Piper

Grover

Me!

I know there are lots more characters but I think I'll keep it simply, but if you realllllllllly want to ask someone not listed, feel free! :D

Lots of love Percy xx