Chapter Nine: Nico di Angelo and the Unexpected Turn of Events

I JUST WANT TO QUICKLY MENTION THAT THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME RANDOM SIBLING MASHUPS AND A RANDOM PAIR, BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN I'M SORRY, I JUST LOVE DOING IT AND REMEMBER THE PERCICO!

Nico appears in an alley between two similar looking houses, he causally walks out, moving his shoulders as if they're his wings in a way to ease himself into a more peaceful feeling but he keeps seeing his family (and Frank's) glares and Thalia's taunting voice saying 'your little human boy'. He shakes his head and rattles the thoughts away, he turns to the house beside him, reading 3 on the letterbox.

He walks down the street a little more and quickly finds number 7, it's a fairly small house with toys out in the front garden, and it's surrounded by a tall brown fence with a gate right in the centre. Nico unlatches the bolt and steps inside, closing it behind him. It front door is a fading brown but it's homey in an odd sort of way. He's about to start walking towards it when a very loud and deep bark cuts through the air and something gigantic is racing from round the back towards him.

Nico gasps, realising it's a dog and holds out his hands, muttering a quick animal-speaking language under his breath.

"Hey! I mean no harm." He cries in his head, most humans become quite alarmed when one starts talking to animals, they're simple minded like that.

'Who are you?' the dog asks, female and with a hint of a British accent, her lips peeling up in a growl, 'you're not human are you?' She sits down in front of him, her eyes flashing red for a second.

"Well you're not exactly a normal dog either, hellhound." Nico snaps in response, the dog glares at him, snarling quietly.

'I shall never harm my humans, some of us know how to become better, witch.'

"Then I guess that's something the two of us have in common." Nico replies, she regarding him for a few seconds before relaxing a little.

'Mrs O'Leary, pleased to meet you, hurt my humans and it will be the end of you.' She says politely and then with a warning turn, Nico nods hurriedly, he's not going to lie, hellhounds scare him just a little and a rare evolved hellhound that lives with humans is even worse.

"Nico di Angelo." He replies, he gives her a hesitant pat on the head and she makes a small contented noise.

She trots up to the front door, her way of allowing him entrance, Nico nods in thanks and rings the doorbell, feeling a little nervous. It soon swings open, revelling Percy who beams happily at him.

"Nico! You came, I was scared you wouldn't." Nico gives him a smile back as Mrs O'Leary gives his side and affectionate rub, Nico glances down at her, she wags her tails with a pair of big chocolatey brown eyes gazing back up at him, an almost smirk in them.

"What was that for?" He asks her, petting her happily, glad that this hellhound has accepted him.

'Perseus is very fond of you, therefore I completely accept you, and he is my favourite after all.' She says and then jumps up to give him a very wet kiss, hiding a wink from Percy as she does. Nico staggers under the weight, she bloody huge, taller than him and isn't even at her full height yet.

"Mrs O'Leary seems to like you, she usually hates everyone." Percy laughs, his eyes twinkling, Mrs O'Leary jumps down from Nico and gives Percy a sloppy kiss too.

"Maybe I'm special?" Nico asks, Percy gives him a smile but it's different to all the other ones he's ever been given.

"Maybe you are." Percy says and blushes, Nico is almost horrified to discover that he's blushing too. They're moment however is short lives because a voice yells out from somewhere behind Percy, in the house.

"Are you trying to freeze us to death? Close the damn door!" Percy blushes even darker and quickly beckons Nico inside with Mrs O'Leary following, her tail wagging happily.

Nico's now standing in a hallway leading into a living room, Nico removes his shoes, leaving him in black socks and follows Percy. Two girls are sitting in the blue carpeted living room, one reading a book and the other on her phone.

"What are you even doing in that doorway, is Lupa-oh!" The one on her phone looks up and gasps happily, "You must be Nico, we've heard so much about you." She jumps over the couch and lands in front of Nico.

"I'm Silena, Percy's step-sister, nice to meet you." She holds out her hand and shakes his, Nico gives her a little smile, she doesn't seem all that bad, which irks him a little because most humans don't seem to be that bad.

"Nice to meet you, Silena." Nico replies softly, she's a slim and tall girl with shoulder length black hair and bright blue eyes. On her left arm is a lot of bracelets, Nico recognizes the blue feather one that Percy brought on their first date and also a pink dragonfly that he brought on their third.

"Oh he's so sweet, Percy you lucky tot." Silena beams, Percy blushes again and mutters a 'shut up, Silena' under his breath.

"Nice to meet you Nico." A different voice calls out, Nico looks to the other girl who's watching her over the top of her book. "I'm Reyna." She gives him a look that he knows all too well, it's the same one that he gives Frank every time they're together for too long. The 'hurt-my-sibling-and-I-will-grind-you-into-dust', though Reyna couldn't actually do it, unlike Nico. She looks a little like Percy with the same black hair as him but her eyes are a very dark brown and a lot more dangerous.

"C'mon, before they eat you." Percy pulls Nico away and into the kitchen which sits nearby. Nico is really starting to notice a blue theme because the kitchen counters are also blue with a kind looking woman siring something on the stove while wearing a blue apron. A man is cutting up some fresh bread on the counter, his back to Nico while another woman sits at the bar leaner, mixing up some juice.

"Percy!" The kind looking woman beams, her hair is long and brown with a few grey streaks, her eyes are a warm blue and she smells a little of liquorice. "You must be Nico, I've heard so much about you. I'm Percy's mother but please call me Sally."

"Ah the famous Nico at last!" The other woman says suddenly, she's a gorgeous woman with caramel coloured skin and curly dark brown hair, "it's a 'bout time we met, Percy has been keeping you to himself for far too long."

"This is Aphrodite, my step mum but I promise she's not evil." Percy says, Aphrodite makes a gasping noise but then grins and ruffles Percy's hair fondly.

"Me? Not evil? How dare you!" She jokes, Percy sighs dramatically at her, like she's always making stupid jokes like that but Nico chuckles, she reminds him a little of Hazel.

"And this is my dad, Poseidon." Percy says, the man turns and gives Nico a nod. He looks a lot like Percy with black hair and beard that's greying slightly but bright green eyes, though not quite as pretty as Percy's.

"Hey mum-"

Nico turns, a faintly familiar voice fills the air as a girl enters the kitchen.

The Cherokee girl, the one who's friends with that Drew and Bryce.

Look at that pathetic cliffhanger, I'm sorry. BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE IN PERCY'S POV SO THAT'S SOMETHING RIGHT?!

This chapter is dedicated to InkOnPaper_ who leaves these awesome comments and she's also writing a percico inspired by this story and I'm super excited to read it and yeah!

Please vote and comment, Small Bons!

Love Percy xx