40.

Katniss's POV

We are woken up the next morning by a knock at the door and Peeta stirring beside me, "I guess thats for me," he sighs.

"I didn't hear a thing..." I say cuddling closer into him.

"Of course you didn't," he chuckles kissing my head.

"You think they would notice if we just stayed in bed all day?" I mumble just before the door knocks again. "I suppose that would be a yes," I sigh sitting up against the pillow as Peeta gets up.

"I better go Kat..." He says leaning down to brush a stray strand of hair out of my face and leaving his hand to linger for a moment on the side of my face. All I can do is nod slightly in reply.  "I'll see you soon ok?"

"I love you Peeta," I manage to choke out in reply the tears welling up in my eyes.

"I love you too Kat... Both of you," he says a slight smile appearing on his face.

As he walks away there's a knock on the door once again, obviously anxious to have us ready in time but as the door opens an unsuspecting avox stares in disbelief as Peeta stands infront of her, but not before she flings her arms behind her back, "Perhaps it wasn't actually for me?" He turns and laughs.

"They're clearly used to having to wake me," I laugh slightly.

"And we both know how hard that can be," Peeta says with a wink.

"Oi you!" I shout throwing a pillow at him which catches the back of his head but I can't keep a straight face and laugh as it hits him.

"Nice shot misses," he says with a smile but his smile drops as he speaks again, "I'll see you soon," and with that he walks away off to his own room.

As he leaves the young avox girl continues to stand there in shock just staring in to my room. What did she expect, that we wouldn't sleep together?! I think its a little late to not be believing that. Shaking my head slightly I try to bring her around to recognise me, "You can come in you know? I won't bite," I try to laugh. She attempts a flicker of a smile and shuffles in towards the bed.

She holds her hands out towards me, a white box no larger than a cup within her grasp. "What is it?" I ask as I take it from her, not even stopping to realise I won't receive an answer, "Right, sorry." Lifting up the lid reveals a metal tin with a white embellished card at the bottom which reads, "You should be familiar with such an ointment, after all you received it in the games last year ... Use it wisely and may the odds be ever in your favour Miss Everdeen."

Thinking back to my games last year I recall getting a tin such as this sent by Haymitch, the cream inside worked wonders on my burn, I suppose that it is for the scar on my stomach. Hopefully it will help with the pain too as somehow I don't expect me doubling over in pain will look good on the television. Not that how it looks matters to me right now, but if Snow is to keep his end of the deal I don't want to be giving him any reason to go against his word. "Thanks," I say with a nod towards the avox still stood at the end of my bed. She doesn't seem to quite know what to do with herself so just smiles before walking back away, leaving the door open behind her.

With a sigh I swing my legs out of the bed, placing my feet against the cold floor. Taking the small tin with me I push myself up with my free hand and walk over towards the long mirror across the other side of the room. "What are we going to do little one? This is not going to be easy," I sigh. I roll my top up exposing my bump and trail my fingers across it us I look in the mirror and as I watch, little ripples roll across as I feel her wriggle around and I can't help but laugh, "Such a little wriggler huh misses?"

Popping open the lid I scoop a mound out using three fingers and thickly lather it across my scar. Instantly I feel a cooling sensation and can't help but breathe a sigh of relief as it numbs the pain. This stuff doesn't half make a difference. Feeling more able to move I wander over to the drawers and pull out and slowly slide one some pants and a top, "lets just hope whatever I have to wear today is as comfy as this huh little one?" I laugh.

As I return to the main room I find it filled with peacekeepers. There must be 10 maybe even 12 of them. "All this for me?! You shouldn't have," I tease rolling my eyes as I walk over to the closest one.

"Its time to go Miss Everdeen," his monotone voice sends ripples through me at the sound of my name.

"Actually its Mellark now, didn't you hear?"

"We're under orders to take you down Miss Everdeen," he says holding his hand out towards the door, completely blanking my comment.

"Oh really? I thought you were here to join the party," I say rolling my eyes.

"Miss Everdeen please."

"At least call me Katniss will you. I don't answer to Everdeen any longer," I day before walking towards the door.

"As you wish," theres a long pause, "Katniss."