32. Always

Katniss's POV

"I want to introduce you to some special friends of mine. This is Seeder and Chaff, from District 11," Haymitch says gesturing to a man and woman who are stood at the chariot in front of our own. As he is introduced the man, Chaff I presume it is, he pushes his lips against my own and I just stand there in shook not knowing how to respond while Haymitch just laughs, "Yeah, he's very friendly. Don't invite him over, he'll uh...drink up your liquor." He turns back to the couple I've again, "I'll see you guys soon."

"Let's get some of that make up off you and talk about the other tributes," Haymitch says to Peeta and I ushering us towards the elevator.

"That man was crazy. In fact all these tributes are crazy," I say still in shock as we walk off.

"No, not all of them. He's a good guy, it's the careers you want to look out for. Now they are crazy."

"Yeah we didn't exactly have a good run in with them last year, it probably comes with being a career. Complete ad utter big headedness!" Peeta says and I can't help but laugh as we walk into the elevator.

"Carry on gentlemen as you were," Haymitch says mock saluting the two peacekeepers that stand guard at the elevator doors.

Just as the door are shutting behind us a girl jumps in and stands in front of us looking Peeta and I up and down, " Well guys look amazing."

"Thank you," I reply not really knowing what else to say.

Turning around the girl starts unfasten the spiked bracelets that adorn her  wrists, "My stylist is such an idiot. District 7. Lumber. Trees. Ugh! I'd love to put an axe on her face." Well that explains the green speckled attempt at a bark pattern on her dress, "So what do you think? Now that the whole world wants to sleep with you."

That's a rather abrupt comment, but it fits in with Cinna's plan I guess, "I don't think that the whole world..."

The girl spins around to look at me before turning to Peeta, "I wasn't talking to you."

"Okay then," I say and she quickly diverts her attention to Peeta.

"Wanna unzip?" She says turning her back to him and I just look at him not being able to comprehend what is happening.

"Yeah," is all he replies and undresses her without question.

All I can do is fire a disapproving look towards Peeta but he does nothing to stop it. Even looking to Haymitch for some back up and even he can't control the smirk on his face. Guys. Well if you're not going to hide your interest why should I hide my anger. Idiots. I lean back against the elevator wall and fold my arms just watching them both.

Once unzipped he lets her dress drop to the floor and she just stands in front of us smirking. I roll my eyes as look away but catch the boys smiles grow, especially Haymitch's. Soon enough the elevator reaches the seventh floor an the doors slide open, "Thanks. Let's do it again sometime," she says wrote leaving the elevator as swiftly as she came.

"Thank you," Haymitch nods as she leaves.

With the both of them still staring at the now closed door where she was I smack them both simultaneously on the back of the head. "Eyes back in your heads will you," I spit.