11. Good old sisterly catch up

Katniss's POV

I wake to find myself alone in Peeta's bed and as I sit myself up to stretch I feel the crumpling of paper beneath my hand. My name written a top of the folded letter, in Peeta's hand.

"Katniss,

We reached the Capitol in the night and are stationed in an old train station platform that those in the Capitol believe to be abandoned so that we would be left in peace. I will not be long, or at least don't plan to be, but if you wake before I am back Effie is in the TV car so you do not have to sit alone. She was in there when I left and Cinna needed to nip into the city so I offered to go with him.

Oh and by the way, your clothes are on the dresser since you fell asleep last night.

Sleep well my sweet,

Love Peeta,
Xxx"

Bless him. He has pulled out a pair of my leggings and a shirt but I just don't feel like it, so I pull on the leggings and his top that he had obviously slept in from the night before and left on his pillow before then heading out the room to see Effie.

I find her right where he said I would, she is sat on one of the big sofas in the TV car flicking through a magazine with a pile of them next to her, "Morning Effie," I call to her as I walk over to the sofa facing hers.

"Oh good morning my dear. Did you sleep well?" She says not even looking up from her magazine.

"I did actually thank you. " she just sighs in reply, "Effie how come you are up so early? Is everything OK?"

"Oh yes dear I am always up early," she finally looks up at me, "somebody has to be awake enough to wake you and Peeta," I can't help but giggle,"and it sure as anything isn't going to be Haymitch. You three sleep like rocks when it comes to waking up but through the night you are as restless as a couple of school children."

I throw myself on to the couch and cuurl up so I am hugging my knees, "The joys of the games eyy? I honestly don't know how you manage to get through it year upon her Effie, it just shows how strong you truly are."

She smiles and I'm sure a term even comes to her eye,"Why thank you sweetie, it does help when you have someone who can be like your rock."

I feel myself nodding in reply,"I know I wouldn't have been able to get through it without Peeta. So who is the lucky guy that helps my dear Effie?" She blushes at my comment, "Anyone I know?"