35. Decisions

Peeta's POV

Walking back into the living quarters Haymitch follows storming after me, "what were you thinking boy?! They could have killed you!"

"Nothing new there is there Haymitch? What's the difference to being killed now than in two days time in the arena?" I say pulling my arm from within his grasp.

"The difference being, boy. If you plan on helping Katniss you need to start booking your ideas up!"

"It's just... It just... Urgh!" I give up trying to explain and throw myself down onto the chair. "What help can I be anyway? Everyone knows it was her that got us out that arena last year. All I did was managed to lose my leg."

"You've worked past that son. Was all that training for nothing? You can do this," Haymitch says squeezing my shoulder slightly, "I'll get you guys through this... Again!" He says nudging me slightly and I can't help but laugh.

"Thanks Haymitch."

"Now go one and get that paint off you otherwise Portia and your team may just kill the both of us. Or worse... Pluck us to death," he says trying to contain his laughter.

"Yeah that might be a plan..." I say looking down at my paint covered arms and shrug my shoulders, "hey I was in a  rush!" Haymitch doesn't bother to ask me why I did or why I painted he just left me to it.

After taking a long shower to calm me down I wrap a towel around my waist and walk into my room to did my clothes laid out on the bed with a note on.

"Peeta,

President Snow has decided Katniss is to wear what would have been her wedding dress so here is your matching suit. Other than that you're good to go. When you are ready come downstairs to the training floor. Walk down the corridor away from the training room and we will be in the room at the far end on the right helping Katniss.

Portia.

Ps. Cinna wants to speak to you when you get here

Xxx"

Picking up the suit it's pretty plain by Capitol standards. A suit and shirt both bright white, the shirt has high neck and two gold tips that poke out of the collar as well as thick gold bands across the cuffs. I even have white shoes to match. I put the outfit on and find a gold handkerchief to put in the jacket pocket, apparently gold and white is there theming. Taking a look in the mirror I swipe my hair over to one side and adjust my collar slightly. "Well it's now or never Peeta." I sigh before walking out of the room.

I reach the door Portia talked about in her note before tapping on it slightly and going to walk in. "Knock knock..." I say walking into the room. It's completely empty other than a few chairs and a television but on the other side of the room is a black cloth draped across what looks like an opening. "Hello?" I call as I pull back the cloth to walk through but am quickly ushered away.

"Oh no no no! You can't come in yet it's bad luck!" Effie says ushering me back out the door, "you can't see the bride in her wedding dress it's bad luck Peeta!"

"It's hardly like we'll be married now Effie," I sigh. I mean sure we had our toasting but it's not exactly what I had planned. Well at least we got something I suppose.