30. Check up

Katniss's POV

I start to stir as I begin to feel a dull ache from the back of my head. What have I done to my head? I look down to see I'm fully clothes in leggings and a big baggy top, well at least I'm cloths and not with one of those horrible hospital gowns. My immediate thoughts go to my little one and to feel her kick, just the reassurance that she is ok. What if something happened to her? What if I lose her because of the fall? What if ... What if?

"You ok there sweetheart?" Haymitch says interrupting my internal battle and calming me just at the thought of what his reaction might be to my little secret. Groaning I try to sit myself up although a little too fast.

"Whoah there sweetheart not too fast," I hear from beside me as someone grabs my hand. I lay back down again a second allowing my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the room, although not moving a hand from my stomach, just letting it rest there.

"Why am I in a hospital Haymitch ?" I ask rolling to the side slightly rater than attempting to sit up again.

Haymitch is sat on a chair at the side of my bed, which he turns to face me, "We had to take a little detour.."

"I figured that seeing as I'm attached to a drip in a hospital Haymitch... What happened?"

"Well what do you remember? That will be a start," he says forcing a slight smile.

"I remember Octavia leaving me to have a bath, I put on the hair mask that Flavius asked me too then.... Ohhhh."

"Ohhhh what? What is ohhh?"

"I slipped getting into the bath, I cracked my head on the edge of the bath as I fell." I pause a moment and he doesn't say anything so I carry on,"I take it I managed to knock myself out then?"

"Yes. Yes you did. You've been here overnight , Peeta stayed and watched you,waiting for you to wake but in the end I sent him off to have a rest himself as it the tribute parade in a few hours..."

"Great. I take it I haven't got out of doing that then ?" I say rolling my eyes causing Haymitch to chuckle.

"I'm afraid not sweetheart, he'd still make you do it even on your death bed," he says and I can't help but laugh.

"No shock there then..." I grumble.

"Is there anything you need to tell me? Anything at all?"

I try to keep myself calm and not let anything on so shake my head, "No, nothing at all."

"You're sure everything is alright? Nothing bothering you?"

"We'll other than the fact I'm being thrown into an arena full of trained killers," I say rather abruptly that even Haymitch looks taken back,"Sorry."

"It's ok sweetheart, I understand, although many wouldn't."

"So what happened then? I mean after I was knocked out, there must be a reason I'm here in a hospital?" I ask.

"Well we heard a loud bang, which must have been when you fell. Peeta and I came running to you realising something must have happened. We found you in the barroom thanks to Effie and but you being you of course managed to knock yourself out after locking the door so we couldn't get in..."

"Oops..."

"Yeah oops," he laughs slightly,"well thanks to Effie, again, we managed to get into the room. Peeta tried to lift you out of the bath but you just kept sliding down with the sheer amount of water in the bath so I jumped in to left you out." Wait if he helped me out then surely he must have noticed my bump. There's no way he could not surely? He hasn't said anything so maybe he didn't ... Or he's just waiting for me to say something. Oh stop overthinking Katniss!