4. Consequences

Katniss's POV

"Katniss? Wakey wakey sweetie. We're almost at eleven its time to wake up." Peeta attempting to wake me up just makes me want to roll over and go back to sleep. "You know. If you can't wake up for me maybe you can for Haymitch...?"

"I'm up I'm up!" Haymitch waking me up after what I did to him yesterday would not be fun.

Peeta is sat on my bed chuckling,"I thought that might work, but anyways we'll be in eleven within the hour so Cinna and your prep team will be here soon but I told them to give you some time to eat first," he says nodding at the plate of food he brought for me.

I lean up and kiss him on the cheek, "Thank you," fore beginning to stuff my face,"This is so good!" I manage to say through a mouthful of food.

"They're called croissants. I better get a recipe from someone then huh?" I nod my head, mmm these pastry things every morning for breakfast would be sooo good. "Well I better be off, at least one of us should be ready on time." I just stick my tongue out at him, but unfortunately he's right if I continue to just stuff my face I won't be ready on time.

I follow Peeta out my room but stood outside the door is my prep team waiting, "Oh good Katniss you're awake, well let's get started." Flavius says pushing me back in. "We don't have too much to do since we you were waxed and plucked to perfection yesterday so for the tour it will all be about the basics; hair, nails and make up."

"Well morning to you guys too," I'm taken straight over to the dressing table where they all get to work to make me look presentable. "You know you guys don't have to go to all this trouble you know?"

"Oh Katniss honey, this is our job, its what we live to do." Octavia takes my hands in hers when she says it which doesn't make Venia very happy.

"What so you live to make a plain person pretty?"

"Exactly!" Flavius interjects.

"What Flavius means sweetie is that we are here to keep your status as what people use to know as celebrities, so well known people who are always in the limelight and make sure you're as pretty as a picture." Octavia continues to speak but I shut her out. Capitol people are slightly shallow, if what makes them want to like me is what my prep team do to me then I'm not so sure I want to be known that way, I'd rather just be that normal simple girl from the seam that nobody had ever heard of. "...So that's why our job is our life Katniss, because we are so proud of you."

"Plus I'm too lazy to make an effort so you guys will always have work ..." I wasn't trying to he funny but they all burst out laughing.

That's when I catch Cinnas reflection in the dressing table mirror as he looks at the guys then back at me but I just shrug my shoulders, "What's so funny?" He says to them.

"Oh Katniss was just being her usual hilarious self Cinna." Flavius says.

"Are you guys nearly done with her as will be pulling in to eleven any minute now and if she's late you can deal with Effie." Cinna replies before placing my clothes on the bed and walking out the room.

My prep team have me done within minutes, I guess they really didn't want to have to deal with Effie and if I'm honest neither would I. I rush to pull my clothes on but Cinna was right we were almost at eleven and now the train is just pulling into the station and I still have no shoes on.
"Katniss Everdeen you better be ready!" Oh great Effie's starting already.

"I'm coming!" I shout after her hopping down the train putting a shoe on. I reach the last carriage and everyone is stood charging waiting for me so I lean against the carriage door and put my other shoe on before I head in there.