37. An unexpected visitor

Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today so that I, your dear writer, may provide you with .... The next installment .....

Katniss's POV

Once the stage lights go out everyone is practically dragged of the stage and back towards our rooms. I can feel the gaze of the other victors upon me as they try to figure out if what Peeta had said was real. Moving my free hand down the front of my dress I straighten it out and put my hand over my bump so that it can be seen clearly but all the while I do not drop Peeta's hand. I have a feeling Snow isn't going to be impressed with the show and I don't fancy being split apart from Peeta right now.

We don't say a word as we are guarded the whole way back to our room, the peacekeepers only leaving as after we had shut the door to our living quarters. "Talk about lack of trust huh?" I laugh.

"Hmmm something tells me they're had to do that before...." I hear Peeta chuckle as I enter my room.

Leaning against the door frame I pop my head around the door to peer back into the living room where Peeta is taking off his suit jacket. "Hey Peeta! Do you reckon they've had to escort Haymitch back after a one too many to drink?"

"I think they'll have done it many times Kat don't you?!" He says causing us both to laugh.

I walk further into my room and stand in front of the full length mirror just admiring the dress Cinna has made for me. I'm in utter awe of it as the work he has done with it to make it transform from what was my wedding dress. I love it so much but I know dear old President Snow will not. It's goes against everything he wanted but I think that's what makes it all the more perfect.

As I go to take it off I run my hands down the sides in an attempt to find a way to take it off but I cannot. Feeling along the back of the dress I catch a zip going up the centre. Of course it is. It wouldn't be easy to take off would it. Reaching over my shoulder I stretch to attempt to grab a hold of the zip to pull it down but can barely reach it.  Giving up I walk back into theft one room where Peeta is, "Wanna unzip?" I ask turning my back to him. He doesn't say a word and I can't help but laugh as he just unzips it without question but a I have my arms wrapped around the frontier does not fall. "Hey Peeta? Do you think anything will come from your interview tonight?" I shout through to him as step out of my dress and into some silk green pajamas.

"I don't know Kat... But I had to try. Besides, even if it doesn't stop the games maybe it will get you some more sponsors while you're in there." I step out back in to the front room as he speaks and catch him running his hand trough his hair.

"Well thank you anyway," I say giving him a quick peck on the lips, "but you could have given me a bit of warning!" I say pushing him backwards so he falls on to the couch behind him, "I was stood here like a lemon!" I say sending him into fits of laughter.

When he finally calms down he replies, "it wasn't my plan. It was after talking to Cinna actually. He had no say in the clothing worn in the games so wasn't sure if what it was could cover your bump and that maybe admitting it may help you," he says with a smile as he sits himself up.

"Well all we can do now is wait," I say snuggling in to his side, "maybe Haymitch and Effie will have some news."

We wait there for what seams like hours. Peeta running his thumb across the side of my arm, I'm almost as sure it's as comforting for me as it is for him. Eventually, after about an hour since the interviews Haynitch and Effie return.