31. Tributes Ready?

Katniss's POV

After my ultrasound I was allowed to leave the hospital so Peeta and I walked to the waiting room where Effie and Haymitch were both sat. Effie had her head leant in Haymitch's shoulder, "Awww aren't they cute," I say announcing our arrival causing them but to jump up in shock. Bless them trying to keep their relationship a secret from us ... Trying ring the operative word.

"Oh Katniss my dear you startled me!" Effie sad tottering over to me on her heels and giving me a hug.

"Everything ok sweetheart?" Haymitch asks from behind Effie and I nod in reply.

"All good once again, I'm just clumsy I guess!" I say shrugging my shoulders and they all just laugh at me.

"We knew that already Kat," Peeta chuckles.

"Oh ah ha you lot," I say sticking my tongue out them all. "I'm free to go so can we get out of this place? I don't want to be here any longer than I have to be!"

"I'll go check your room and make sure theres nothing there of ours." Peeta says.

"Thank you," I say stretching up to give him a kiss on the cheek before he heads off back to the room. "You two ok?" I ask making light conversation but hoping they'll secretly admit what they're attempting to hide.

"Better now everything ok with you sweetheart..." Dammit Haymitch not what I wanted to hear!

"Good good! So what happens now then? Seeing as I appear to have lost my night and half of the day by the looks of it..."

"Well unfortunately you're right you have lost a lot of time. The tribute parade is in a few hours so we'll be heading straight there, you'll be dressed on the train to the Capitol and all media and people have been blockaded out of the train station so you won't be seen until the parade itself..."

"Oh the joys of the job eyy?" I say causing them both to laugh. "Now come, my chariot awaits down at the station..."

"Good to have you back sweetheart," Haymitch says through the laughter, wrapping an arm around me we walk off.

Peeta follows just a few steps behind us  as he catches up,"everything ok?" I turn to ask.

"Perfect," he smiles taking my hand in his and as he does Haymitch takes his arm from around me.

"Good," I say giving him a quick kiss an he wraps his arm around my waist,"I guess we'll have to split up again when we get back to the train, I don't quite think the guys will let you any where near me while they're prepping me for my fans." I say with a wink.

"Ha ha no I don't think they will. Are you sure you're ok after that ordeal?"

"Peeta I'm fine don't worry about it, we're both fine," I say whispering the last bit and he squeezes my hand in reply. "I really don't have the energy for this, I just want to get in and go to sleep. Is that so much to ask?" I huff.

"Unfortunately yes it is sweetheart," Haymitch replies.

"Urgh great," I grunt and he and Effie just laugh at me.

We reach the train within a matter of minutes and walk in to find mine as Peeta's prep teams sat with Cinna's and Octavia chatting away but when I walk in it all stops.

"Oh Katniss you're ok!" Octavia almost screams jumping up and running to take me in her arms.

"Ha ha yip just about in one piece!" I say sending them in fits of laughter, "Peeta what did I do? Was it something I said?"

"I'm not sure actually.... Maybe they just find you funnier then you actually are," he says with a smirk.

"Hey!" I say nudging him as he laughs too. "I met thought if say this but can we get to the prepping now you bunch of weirdos," I say rolling my eyes at them all laughing at me.