33. Training

Peeta's POV

Waking up the next morning Katniss is still in my arms, not moving at all since last night. I run my hand softly through her hair, brushing it back out of her face as she snuggles herself closer to my chest. Kissing the top of her head I can't help but smile knowing she's here with me. "Katniss," I coo softly, "wakey wakey sleepyhead." She groans in reply flinging her free arm around landing smack to the side of my face, "you hit me!" I exclaim evoking a laugh from her.

"And you woke me so now were even," she says with a smirk and I can't help but laugh slightly with her.

"I suppose that's fair," I say a she rolls off her side and pulls herself up so she is sat beside me.

"Why am I up so early again?" She grumbles rubbing her eyes.

"We have to be at training in half an hour I'm afraid..."

"That wasn't exactly how I wanted to spend the day if I'm honest," he huffs.

"Oh and how would you have spent it... Sleeping the day away in bed?" I tease.

"Yes actually that sounds like a great plan ... Let's do that!" She announces pulling more of the cover off me and rolls on to her side.

"Oh no you don't," I say rolling her back over. "Today's about making allies, and you can't very well do that be staying here can you?"

"I will have you know I have formed an exceptionally strong alliance in preparation..."

"oh and who would that be with?" I interrupt.

"This bed," she says sticking her tongue out at me an pulling the remaining cover off me and rolls over once again.

"Oh no you don't missy, if I have to go down there then so do you."

"Oh yeah an how are you going to make me do that bread boy?"

"oh there is a way," I say placing my hand on her side, "but it isn't very pleasant I must admit.

She rolls over so she is on her opposite side and is now facing me, "you wouldn't dare," she threatens.

"Oh yeah?" I smirk. I wait a second before tickling her side sending her wriggling an writhing on the bed in laughter as I tickle her. "Do you surrender my dear?" I say stopping tickling her long enough to allow her to answer.

"Never! I will not yield!" She says so I go at it again tickling her sides till she has to force out a speech through the laughter, "ok ... Ok ok you win! I'll go to training with you," he says and I stop tickling her instantly.

"Good," I say with a smirk knowing I've won, " now hurry up and get dressed so were there in time."

"Yes sir!" Katniss salutes to me and we both end up in fits of laughter. Oh how I'll miss this.

Katniss's POV

When we reach the training room Peeta and I decide to go our separate ways in order to try and cover more ground in getting our opinions on the victors. I make my way around meeting and helping Beetee and Wiress from district three in the process. I helped them build a fire and they showed me about the use of force fields which could come in handy you never know.

Looking around the room I decide to head to an empty station. Give myself a rest from all these pompous victors who think they own the place just because they've done this all before. I take my place at the knot tying stand which would be good incase there's a chance to make rope or maybe even hammocks or something like that. Pressing the buttons on the station I scroll through the different types of knots that I could do and decide to start with something simple; the square knot. On the station are four pieces of rope, ironically tied to a metal bar but left to dangle so that you can practice with them. I pick up one of them and start to copy the screen in front of me as it shows me how to tie this particular knot, glancing up an down between the knot and the screen as I do so.