26. Reassurance

Katniss's POV

I look down at us both and can't help but laugh, "Cinna and Portia may just kill us if they come and find us like this you know."

"Hmmm you're probably right ... Although it would be hilarious to see the looks on their faces."

"I'm going to go grab a shower so that I'm de-floured and you bread boy," I say pointing my finger at his chest while my other hand trails up to play with his hair," You can finish making these cheese rolls for little miss over here." I say nodding down at my bump.

"Oh is that who they're for ... Definitely not for you hmm Kat?"

"Of course not..I'm only thinking of this little tinker of course... I mean I don't even like cheese rolls," I say with a wink. I give Peeta a quick kiss before heading upstairs and I can hear him laughing to himself as I walk away.

"Don't like my cheese rolls ... Pfft ... If you says so Kat."

As I walk upstairs I walk through Peeta's room trailing my hands along the silk covers as I make my way to the shower room. I go in and turn on the taps allowing the heat to steam up the room as I return to the bedroom to undress, laying my clothes on the bed and pulling a towel of the radiator I drop it at the bathroom door. Walking into the shower I allow the hot beads of water to poor over my head, its relaxing almost.

By the time I've washed all the flour out of my hair and off of my skin I am reminded that I have to go back downstairs and face the real world. "Alright little one I'm done now," I say in response to the kick, placing my hand under my bump as if holding it up. "You'd stay in here too if it meant you didn't have to go through with today Sweetie believe me," I sigh. I run my hands through my hair one more time to remove all the excess water before letting it trail down my back as I leave the shower room. Realising I have thrown the towel on the floor at the door I stop to look at it a moment working out a way to get at it, "Great one Katniss." Leaning against the door frame I slowly slide down into a crouched position where I am able to pick up the towel although not so comfortably. "You wouldn't think for such a little thing and a little bump you'd cause so much havoc for me you little tinker." I wrap the towel around me and tuck it in at the top so it stays up on its own before wandering over to the far wardrobe where I know Peeta has a stash of my clothes. Looking at it all, there's none I really feel like putting on and most may be a bit revealing at the minute so I settle for picking some underwear and my favourite t-shirt of Peeta's.

Pulling his olive green t-shirt out of the drawer, I throw it on over my underwear. He's bigger than me so it hangs loosely over me ending around half way down my thighs and I pull on a pair of my thick socks up to my knees so I look half decent. There we go. Comfortable and practical... For the make up session that is to follow anyway. I don't quite think dear old Cornelius Snow would be happy with me turning up to the reaping in just a top and socks... Although I can't help but laugh at the thought of it.

I wander my way downstairs and lean on the doorframe of the kitchen just watching Peeta rush away at his work. He's rushing around the room clearing up all the flour off the benches whilst getting himself covered in more of it as he brushes it towards himself. "I think you might need a shower too Peeta you look rather... Dusty shall we say," I try to stifle through a laugh and he turns around to face me before looking back down at himself.

"I think you may be right Kat, you ok to watch the cheese buns for me? The timer is on, they're in the oven ..." I interrupt him before he has a chance to finish.

"I'm perfectly capable of taking something out of the oven Peeta," I say walking over to him, "go on you better to get yourself showered and changed before Portia turns up and you look like you haven't bathed in weeks," I say ruffling his hair so some of the flour falls out.