19. Ask me to die

Ahhh 1K reads! Ahhh so happy! Thank you guys I love writing this so I hope you like reading it too!

So I've decided to deciate this chapter to one of my readers harleycarroll31 as she helped me decide to write this chapter :)

So I hope you guys like it :)

-Alannah

***

Haymitch's POV

"So how are things over in the Capitol darl?" Its announcement day so I decided to call Effie to see how she is.

"Oh the usual, extravagant and bright. The whole city is practically buzzing for the announcement tonight." She says excitedly.

"Tonight? You make it sound like its ten hours away not ten minutes." I hear her giggle down the phone.

"Sorry I'm just excited. It will be Katniss and Peeta's first year as mentors so I'm hoping it's something special for them."

"Oh it will be special alright," I mumble, "I'm just looking forward to getting to step back this year."

"Oh Haymitch! You will still be there with them they need your guidance like they always have and besides I want you there."

"Yeah you're probably right Eff."

"Aren't I always?"

"Hmmm I don't know..." I chuckle.

"I love you too," Effie replys sarcastically.

"I know you do, I mean who couldn't love me?"

"I could think of quite a few people," she giggles.

"Yeah me too actually," I say causing us both to laugh.

"In all seriousness though Eff ..."

"Uh oh, its never good when you go serious mister," she says jokingly.

"Fine then I won't say it," I say pretending to huff.

"Ohh pleeeeease." She begs.

"Nope. You obviously don't want to here what I have to say."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top Haymitch?" She asks.

"I love you Effie."

"Come again? I didn't quite hear you"