2. I almost thought it was real

Katniss's POV

I leave Peeta and head over to my house with my prep team in tow while Effie heads over to Haymitch's to check he is presentable she says even though I said I had just been to wake him.

I introduce my prep team to my mother and sister and head upstairs with them so that they can prepare me for my camera shot with Peeta.

"Oh Katniss how much we've missed you! Anyone who is anyone is talking about this victory tour and how much they want to see you and Peeta finally be together after what you have both been through." Flavius says as he begins on my hair. He does it quite simply as does Octavia with my nails its almost as if they are easing me back in gently with the capitol craziness.  Venia on the other hand shows absolutely no mercy with me, ripping every little hair off my body and plucking my eye brows almost to death. It's a shock I even have any left!

"How's my girl on fire?" I sit up and recognise the figure in the doorway.

"Cinna!" I jump up and run over to hug him, "Oh I've missed you!"

He chuckles and hugs me back,"Well I have been working a lot on OUR designs!"

"Pfft what can I say ... We're just that good!" Everyone ends up in fits of laughter as they know how bad I am.

"Oh Katniss everyone is wearing Cinna's designs back in the Capitol, you're his muse and everyone wants to be like you!" Octavia exclaims.

"Well not everyone ..." Cinna says modestly, "Come with me Katniss its time to get you ready."  He leads me to my bedroom where he has lay my outfit out for me on my bed. "Its still pretty cold out there so you've got a big thick coat with a fur neck."

"Oh Cinna they're gorgeous," I say picking up the clothes,"but you see if I had designed the coat I would have made it of a thinner material and fleece line it so that its still warm but Peeta can get his arms around me ..." I say sarcastically trying so hard not to laugh as I say it.

"Hey I might use that one for your next piece miss designer." Cinna replys.

"OK Katniss two minutes till show time hurry down here!" Effie shouts up the stairs.

I sigh and quickly put the clothes on Cinna made for me, "Good to know she hasn't changed huh?"

Cinna just laughs,"Ha ha yep, but you wouldn't have it any other way."

"Hmmmmm," I say and head down the stairs where Effie greets me at the bottom.

"Oh there you are! All the cameras are set up outside. Now remember you're happy, you're in love so don't be afraid to show it you know how much Caesar loves it ..."

"Its OK Effie me and Peeta are fine now. I'm pretty sure I will be fine."

"Oh good. Well be ready in 3...2...1..." At one she opens the door and I step out. I turn to the cameras, smile and wave before looking over to Peeta's house where he is doing the same and I can't help but giggle. Effie taught us so well.

He turns to look at me and smiles and I find myself running down the steps of my house and over to him, the cameras following me along its track. Peeta walks down his steps a little more cautiously than I do as he is still getting used to his prosthetic leg but runs over to me when he is on flat ground. When I reach him I almost jump on him, catching him off guard and causing us to go sliding to the ground with me falling on top if him. I mouth sorry at him before kissing him passionatley on the lips.

"Well hello my two lovebirds!" Caesars voice booms out. I step off of Peeta and hold my hand out helping him up. As soon as he is stood up he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in to him as close as we can get.

"Sorry about that Caesar, I just couldn't help it." I say ,the smile never leaving my face.

"Oh my dear don't you worry, we understand how much he means to you. So Peeta, how are things over there in twelve?"

Peeta turns to be and smiles, "Things are great here in twelve. "

"All this time and all we get is great? Come on Peeta give us some details!"

I know Peeta doesn't want to say much more so I speak for him, "Thanks to the generosity of the Capitol we have never been closer."

I hear Peeta chuckle at the side of me, "yeah, 25 yards to be exact!"  Even Caesar laughs at that with us.

"Well it has been lovely catching up with you both and we hope to see more of you as you embark on your victory tour."  Within seconds of him stopping talking the cameras shut off.

I turn to Peeta and smile, "You know I almost thought that kiss was real there bread boy ," I say teasing.

"Ouch I'm hurt Kat. I might just have to do it again to prove you wrong." He places his hand behind my head and pulls me forward to kiss him. As our lips touch fireworks ripple through my body.  "Better?"

"Hmmm maybe." I take his hand and pull him towards my house where Effie is stood at the top of the stairs.

"When you two are quite finished we have to leave for the train."

"Ouch Effie I'm hurt. I thought you'd be happy for us?" I pretend to act hurt but she is unimpressed.

"Not when we have a train to catch and you two are slowing us down!"

I turn to Peeta and whisper in his ear,"Well I bet you didn't miss this," implying about how bossy Effie is being.

He turns to me and smiles,"No, but I have missed you."

****
Nawww little bit of Everlark to start the day.

-Alannah xx