16. Messing around

Prim's POV

Oh my gosh I'm going to be an Auntie! Katniss hasn't said a word since I told her the result so I quickly move the test in case anyone comes upstairs and sit down next to Katniss, "Kat are you ok?" She just leans her head on my shoulder and doesn't say a word. "Everything's going to be ok don't you worry, after all how can it when you have your own personal nurse." I tease managing to get a laugh from her.

"Thanks Prim. Its just a bit of a shock to say the least, I mean I'm seventeen! I can barely look after myself let alone a baby. What am I going to do?" She says throwing her head down into her hands.

"Although I can't deny that you can hardly look after yourself, I know you will be an amazing mum just as you are an amazing big sister. You looked after me when mom couldn't and I if it wasn't for you I don't know what would have happened to us."

"But Peeta.." She interrupts.

"Peeta will love you all the same if not more. That boy is crazy for you and nothing will ever change that Katniss."

Peeta's POV

"I've got a present for Prim Mrs Everdeen do you mind if I take it up to her?" I ask.

"Oh Peeta dear you don't have to ask, this house is as much yours as it is ours. Go on, head straight up."

"Thank you," I reply before heading up the stairs. I can hear Prim talking as I reach the top, "That boy is crazy for you and nothing will ever change that Katniss."

"Talking about me are we?" I say walking over to them both and giving Katniss a quick kiss.

"All good things , all good things." Prim says.

"Well as long as they're good then I suppose you can have these," I say chucking her the bag of cookies.

She opens the bag instantly, "Mmmm chocolate chip cookies, my favourite!"

"I'd be worried if I didnt know what your favourite was by now!" I say laughing.

"I think the whole of Panem probably know your favourite little duck," Katniss says.

"Its not my fault I'm such an adorable little sister is it?"

"Come on then adorable little sister, let's go watch a film and you can share those cookies of yours," Katniss says grabbing Prim and tickling her.

"Ok ok!" Prim says between laughs, "But only if I get to choose the film."

"Deal. Now run along little duck before I change my mind," Katniss teases and sticks her tongue out to Prim.

I stand up and hold my hand out to Katniss to help her up pulling her into my embrace, "Are you okay Kat?"

"Hmm? Yes of course." She doesn't seem too sure but after all it is announcement day, she is probably just worried about Prim.

"What Prim said was right you know I love you so much Katniss Everdeen and nothing will ever change that ... and even if it does I'm stuck with you now aren't I?" I tease, lifting up her hand to see her ring.

She quickly grasps what I was saying and pushes me backwards, "Hey!" I end up in fits of laughter as she tries to push me over again and I still don't budge. "Meanie." She says giving up and folding her arms.

"But you love me so its all good." I take her hand in mind and she begrudgingly unfolds her arms. "You know you're meant to say I love you back."

"Make me Mellark."

"Ohh I will." I pick her up and throw her over my shoulder much despite all of the cries and kicks from her.

"Ok ok I'll say it I'm sorry I love you!" When I finally pull her down again she wraps her hands around my neck and kisses me forcefully, "I love you Peeta."

"See that wasn't so hard was it?" I say with a wink.

"Hmmm I dunno..." I start to tickle her sides causing her to laugh and squirm in my arms, "ok no it wasn't!"

"Ha ha good."

Uhhmm Peeta?" Katniss says as she looks down at the floor.

"Yes Katniss? Katniss what's wrong? Are you ok? Is something the matter?"

"No nothing's wrong," she sighs.

I pull her back in close and stroke the back of her head, "Don't scare me like that please."

"I'm sorry, I guess ... I guess I'm just worried about the announcement."

"I know baby, I know. Now come on let's go watch that film with Prim." I take her hand and lead her downstairs, maybe this will take her mind off it for a while.

****

Just a quick one this as a filler to get to the next chapter and I wanted to try out sing Prim's POV. What do you guys think should I use her again or is it better staying with Katniss and Peeta?

-Alannah xxx