Chapter 41

*Char*

He chuckled as Nicole left, "how dare you make me spend my eighteenth birthday in a fucking hospital?!"

"True. Eh it just shows how much I love you." I said with a big grin, making myself a sandwich.

"It doesn't matter anyways."

I turned around and said, "it does, ok? I'd make it up to you."

As he was about to reply, I heard something break and Nicole screaming.

Uh-oh.

Eric and I looked at each other and he gave me an apologetic look before running upstairs while I was getting my crutches.

They weren't fucking co-operating so I threw them away and managed to walk upstairs without them.

I walked to Chris's room and him and Nicole were just staring at Chris baffled.

He must have gone insane cos the mirror looked like it had been punched and I could see blood all over his bed and on the carpet.

"Chris, what happened?" I asked quietly.

He didn't answer but a sob escaped from him.

"Nic please please help me clean the mess up and I'd join you as soon as possible. Eric please take him to the clinic and I'd join you guys now."

They nodded and Nicole walked out to get the cleaning materials and Eric took him by the arm and led them out.

Nicole came back, dropped the cleaning materials and helped me up to the clinic before leaving the guys and I.

Eric was already looking for a bandage to stop the blood pouring from Chris's knuckles.

"Rick I'd deal with this, join Nic please? Then we'd take him to the hospital later."

Eric nodded and gave Chris a pat on the back before walking out.

"What happened?" I asked sitting opposite him and taking his bleeding hand in mine.

He didn't respond and he was looking down at his other hand.

"Chris what happened?" I asked again, cupping his face with my hands and making him look at me.

I wasn't looking at the strong, funny, teasing, sweet boyfriend of mine or a cheating, lying boyfriend but at a vulnerable frustrated boy.

"I love you Char." he said and dropped his head.

I didn't respond immediately and I stood up looking for a cloth.

"I'm sorry Char."

"Why?"

"Nothing happened between Maya and I."

"Who is she?"

He didn't respond and that just infuriated me.

"FUCK YOU! WHO IS SHE?!"

He still didn't respond and I wanted to hit him badly but the fact that he was already hurt stopped me.

"Never mind. I'd get Eric to take you to the hospital before mom gets back." I said walking out slowly cos of the small pain in my leg.

"Chill! She's my ex-girlfriend, that's all Char. I promise."

"Your ex-girlfriend huh? How come I didn't know about her?"

"It slipped from my mind?" he said making it sound like a question.

"Fuck you." I said and as I was about to leave again he said, "you trust me, don't you?"

"Why should I? Just gimme one reason why I should believe and trust you!"