Twenty-eight

Call me paranoid but I can't trust Aron. Every morning I'd wake up with bruises and Ryder would question me. Athena said I was purposely hurting myself for attention and I almost believed it. I haven't seen my friends since I ditched them over the party, So I feel alone. I am alone. I grabbed my lunch and made my way to the library. That's where I ate my food, away from the student body. That four-letter word; FEAR, I never thought I would experience it, I stand corrected. Not even I, the person who created fear, wasn't immune to it.

And now here I am sitting in the library, The corner of the library to be exact and I'm picking at food instead of eating it. I know running from the problem wouldn't do me any good. I sighed and let my mind space out. As much as I didn't trust Aron, I missed him. I didn't want to see him or be around him until I could explain the bruises. The bell rang loudly and I snapped out of my thoughts and dumped my food away.

I couldn't eat. I'm more stressed out than anything. I ghosted my friends and the only person who seemed to be paying any attention to me was the one person I hated the most, Athena.  I sighed and made my way to class. Just as I reached the door I heard three to four disturbing words. "I love you, Ryder." Anthena sang, He chuckled in response and kissed her.

I silently inhaled sharply before I walked inside the classroom. They are in love. There's nothing I can do about that.

YOU'RE FUCKING KARMA! YOU CAN BREAK THEM UP!

I'm no cupid.

You make your fucking life so difficult.

I'm just not used to the new things it brings.

Loser

Thanks.

"You're late." Ms. Maxwell said snapping me out of my thoughts. I've been standing in the middle of the class for ten minutes straight staring at the wall. Just great. I mentally kicked my self and walked towards the back of the class. Suddenly I was falling and the whole class erupted with laughter. "My fault." I heard Athena say, A perfectly manicured hand reached out in front of me offering me help, and when I looked up I nearly had a heart attack.

_____

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you." She said. All I could do is stare in shock "Are you going to say anything?" she asked and I blinked "Where is Savannah and what did you do with her?" I finally asked. She chuckled softly, "Right here!" she smiled ... This is the first time I've ever seen her smile. Her smile was so pretty. Like I could melt.

 "Look, I'm honestly very sorry about the way I tortured you and made you feel like shit. I was jealous. I shouldn't have let that get the best of me because now that I see that bitch messing around and do you dirty, It kind of made me feel disgusted with myself since I treated you the same exact way." She said in one big breath. 

"Savannah. I hope you know that I practically ghosted all of my friends," I responded. She stared at me and snapped her fingers twice "Why not?" she asked, I shrugged. "They don't believe me when I say that the girl's a bitch," I said "I really don't like that chick. Feel like she tryna steal my crown. As weird as it sounds ... I would like to remain queen b." She said, I laughed at this and averted my attention on the football field. I was watching Ryder practice on the field with his teammates. "Why did I date that fool?" Savannah asked, questioning herself more than asking me which by then caught me by surprise, "WATCH OUT!" Someone yelled and I caught the ball going our direction "Watch where your throwing or kicking it next time fucking pricks!" Savannah shouted back as I threw the ball back to an open teammate. "Do you have an answer?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I really don't know. I was attracted to him but then you came around ... I'm not saying you fucked up anything but once you started living with him, he changed you know ... He was a bit more mean, demanding, judgemental, the list goes on but it was a few of those things I had to deal with because of the sudden change. I think he likes you and me being a bitch to you really didn't seem to be helping myself so I left for a few months... I don't think anyone noticed but I left to go try an all-girls boarding school. Obviously that didn't work out so I came back wanting to both apologize and befriend you which I didn't expect to happen right away, I wanted to make things right. I thought that you guys would've been together by now, I was excited to see that happen.  But the wannabe intercepted me before I got to you, and I made my intentions clear. She thought I wanted Ryder back." she said with a straight face. I laughed "You think Ryder likes me? Oh no." I said looking at Ryder who smiled and waved at me. I smiled and gave him a small wave "Its Obvious Jenn." A loud whistle blew and Savannah shot up from her seat. She fixed her cheer skirt and smiled. "I'll see you later?" she asked. I offered her a smile and gave her my number "Totally," I replied.

___

Ryder

"You're making a big deal out of this. He doesn't like me." I heard Jenna shout from a distance. "You don't even like me! You like that prick! Look we can just be friends okay. This doesn't even seem real to me." The guy said "Wait no ... You can't be serious." I heard Jenna said and I think she started crying "Shut up. Look I'm done. " That dude said "Give me a reason-" there was a loud clap and everything got quiet. "DID YOU JUST HIT ME?" she yelled and there was another clap. I ran down the stairs hearing three more claps and yelling "HEY!" I yelled jumping down and stepping in front of Aron "The hell is wrong with you?" Aron asked "The hell is wrong with me?! The hell is wrong with you?!" I asked "Aint shit wrong with me! She talks too fucking much!" he snapped "Get out I'm calling the cops." I snapped.

 "Wait no don't call the cops... I'm sorry." Aron said "Wait what? Dude are you crazy?! You just hit my fiance and you think-" "You're what?" He said cutting me off my eyes widen and I quickly Dialed nine double one. "Fucking Whore! I knew something was up!" he yelled as Jenna burned the carpet from underneath her ass, "You hit me," She mumbled and started to float off of the ground, I dropped my phone in shock. I shouldn't have been scared but I've never seen her angry. Her ex looked like he was about to shit himself. "You had the nerve," She said and a loud metal screeching noise could be heard from a distance. Suddenly he was floating and was going for his neck as if he was suffocating. "The audacity," She continued and I watched as she practically sucked the air from his lungs, "To hit me." She screamed and he dropped. He gasped for air and she picked him up again, "From this day forward, your life is fucked. I don't care anymore." She said and her feet set on the ground. Aron stared at me with wide eyes before scrambling to his feet and running. "Are you okay?" I asked carefully, She looked over at me and walked away. 

___

Jenna

"Oh, great whats this bitch being overdramatic for now?" Athena asked "We're over Thena." Ryder answered angrily "Wait what?!" she screeched "We are through. Over. Done, no more us. Single life." he said. "YOU BITCH!" she said giving me a good punch on my jaw "Jenna, not again" he warned as I clenched my fist. Athena rolled her eyes mumbling the word pussy before leaving the house "I guess I'm the punching bag today." I joked and Ryder rolled his eyes "This isn't the time to joke. Go take a nice bath and then go to sleep. Okay?" he said, I again stared at him in shock but did as I was told "Oh and Jenna. Leave all of this in the pass okay. This is a new chapter in your life okay." I nodded knowing what he said was true. I now have a drastic past all these people in books and movies had to tell. And Ryder kinda witnessed it with me. I smiled at Ryder's retreating back. Maybe I do like him. I walked in the bathroom and looked in the mirror. A black eye, busted lip and a purple bruise on my jaw. Not that bad. I sighed and did what Ryder told me to do. 

Single forever.