Two

I slipped into the black dress that was laced at the top and was smooth and tight enough to show my curves but loose enough to allow me to breathe. I grabbed the red heels my mom gave me and slipped them on.

As soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs the doorbell rings. Just on time. "Jenna get the door, please!" My mom yelled from the kitchen. "Okay!" I yelled back at her. I opened the door and saw two adults and two twins. Wait, what? There is no one here around my age so who is my future husband-

"Oh my goodness Jenn you have grown to be a young beautiful girl after all." The woman gushed and pulled me into a hug. From the outside, I saw a black Mazda Furai parked right behind my embarrassingly beat-up car and another white Mercedes-Benz Biome parked behind that. And another car was driving into the small driveway now which was a royal blue fucking Lamborghini. Those three cars basically screamed RICH.

"Ah, there goes my son." She beamed walking in the house "Jasmine!" The lady yelled in the house "REBECCA SHUT UP WHILE YOU'RE CALLING MY NAME IM TRYING TO COOK. DAMN IT!" My mom hollered back. I stared in amazement, I've never heard my mom speak that way. "Damn this is a shocker. I didn't think I'd see you again." A familiar voice said behind me. My head snapped back in his direction. My face covered in pure horror, "What are you doing here?" I hissed at him "Is that the way to talk to your fiancé? I don't think so love." Ge smirked "Awe look at them. They look so cute together." His mother cooed.

I sent him a glare and made my way to the kitchen. How am I suppose to live and marry a jackass like him! "Hey, dad." I smiled "Hey baby girl. You're keeping calm?" He asked "Yup." I answered, "I'm sorry about the wedding." He said "Its okay dad." I said forcing a smile "No it's not. I could've stopped it but it was undeniable you guys did look good, your grandparents and his grandparents signed on this already. I would be happy because when you two were younger he'd do the cutest things to help you. But he is different now. I cant see you with him anymore." My dad said.

"Its okay dad. I'm a strong remember? And its for the sake of our family. They have to reunite at one point right?" I said earning a sigh "I guess, darling." He said, "DINNER IS READY!" I heard my mom yell. "Oh my gosh, you're prettier than I remembered, Jasmine you kept her away from me for too damn long." His mom gushed, I plastered a fake smile on my face and sat at the table. This dinner is going to be annoyingly long.

I ran upstairs and made a beeline to my room

I ran upstairs and made a beeline to my room. I slammed the door shut and sighed as I searching for my phone in the middle of all my clothes on my bed. I finally found my phone and quickly called Mia back.

"How was dinner." She asked and I groaned in annoyance.

"Horrible."

"What?! How come!"

"I can't explain his features but I know damn well you know who my finance is."

"He goes to our school?"

"Yes."

"I'm not guessing."

"Of course you're not going to guess because you'll say every guy's name BUT his."

"Well tell me then."

"I'm getting married to Ryder Cruise."

She hung up. I sighed. If she were to tell me that I would've done the same thing. I honestly do remember him from my early childhood days but in elementary was the end of our friendship because of Savannah. Savannah hated me for some reason, I don't know the reason ... she never told me. I just know that she hated me for like half of my life.

 The door to my room burst open and standing in my doorway was a happy Mia "OMG THIS IS NOT A JOKE! YOU'RE MARRYING RYDER CRUISE!" She squealed, I sighed and I thought she was going to find and kill him, That's what I would've done. "Mia. Really?" I asked, "HE IS HAWT!" She squeaked "I don't want to marry him. I can't stand him and you know that." I groaned "You won't. Just be you under the same roof as him. Can I be one of your bridesmaids?" She asked.

"You're my maid of honor." I told her, She smiled brightly and I sighed "Okay you can stop smiling you're making me feel bad." I said "I can't. My best friend is getting married to the hottest guy in school. That is something to smile about." She said, "Mia you act like I'm in love with the guy." I said, "You use to like him though." She said, "That's in the past." I said.

"Until he shoved you into that sandbox full of those fire ants." She continued "I think I get it now." I said trying to change the topic "And then Savannah came along." She went on "I get it, Mia, you can stop." I tried again "And she pushed you in the same sandbox and they became close and then in the eighth grade he asked her out they during-" "ENOUGH DAMN IT NO NEED TO BRING UP THE PAST." I yelled. She smirked, "There goes my favorite person." She smiled, I rolled my eyes. She loved it whenever I let my aggressive side slip, Said I was too much of a pushover. "Shut up." I snapped

"Tsk Tsk. Pushover, Let her play for a bit." She said, "Why?" I asked "Cause it would be fun to witness. When is Austin coming back?" She asked "Tomorrow. Him and his sisters." I said, "Finally! It feels like the table has been empty for days." She sighed "Yeah I guess." I said, "Can you please wear something that makes you like a human?" She asked, "Are you saying my clothes are ugly." I asked "Yup." She said popping the P. "Wow. Maybe I should dress ugly every day at school." I said "No, I take it back! I take it back! Your clothes are absolutely beautiful." She lied

"Yeah, I'll probably start dressing the way you want me to on Friday." I said, "Better than never." She shrugged and laid back on my bed. "You're going to be fucking rich once you marry him you know that right?" She said "Here you go again. Stating the obvious." I sighed shaking my head. There is literally no escape from this one.