Seventeen

"Jenna dear! You look absolutely stunning tonight." Ryder's mom said with a huge smile before she went in for a bone-crushing hug. "I ... Cant ... Breath." I managed to spit out "Rebecca, That's enough." His dad, Eric said trying to pull me away from her. I gave her an awkward pat on her back and slipped out of her strong grip.

"For a forty-seven year old you still got that legendary grip," Eric said. My jaw dropped. She looks younger than her age. And she has three kids. How does she make herself look so young? She has to tell me her secret.

"Kim!" Rebecca screamed down the hall which still shocked me. I don't think I'm going to get used to that yet. "Hey, dad." I heard Brandon say from my left. "Hey, Tom." The rest of my best friends say in unison as Tom introduced himself to Justin Jordan and Ryder. Another male that looks almost exactly like Jordan came up to me with a weird look. Like he knew something. Like he knew me.

"Hi, I'm Ben." He said introducing himself, "I'm Jenna." I said shaking his hand politely. He gave me a warm smile "I know that." He said, I gave him a shy smile "And I also know that you're only half-human." He whispered in my ear. My smile dropped and I froze in my place, What? "Don't worry. I'm family. I have to know what I need to know." He said, I gave him another shy smile and nodded "Control it." He said before giving me a nod and walked off to the other parents in the room.

"What did he say?" Mia asked beside me "He knows." I said with a dismissive shrug "Seriously? So the boys are the only ones who aren't in the know," Flarah said pointing at Justin Jordan and Ryder who were now playing some game on his Xbox. "They didn't seem to mind." I said confused "Because they knew us since we wore diapers." Mia explained, "Oh-" "Why is she here?" Mia mumbled her eyes glued on something behind me. The room was silent, I turned around and saw the bitch herself in the doorway. Everyone gave her a hard look.

Her mom came in next and last, was her stepfather. "Why is she here?" My mom asked "Family dinners sometimes include them. I guess they invited themselves." Rebecca said, "Well, dinners ready." My mom said and everyone raced to table trying to escape the awkward cloud but they bought in with them.

"Everyone bow your heads as we pray over this dinner." My dad said, Eric stood up and began to pray. "Dear heavenly father. We thank you for having this family unite once again and had these guests come along with them. We thank you for blessing us with a sister like a friend and her food. We ask you to stop anything bad that should be coming our way before it actually happens. Thank you for all the little things and big things you have given us in life. In Jesus' name, we pray."

"Amen." Everyone said in sync. I scanned the table and began to drool. Two roasted turkeys, mashed potatoes, gravy, all types of rice, corn on and off the cob, drinks in the middle of the table surrounded by grapes, watermelon slices, Strawberries, all types of berries and more. I filled my plate and dug in. I had a feeling that someone was staring at me. I looked up and everyone eyes were on me.

My cheeks were the same color as the juicy strawberry I was holding. "What?" I asked, "Never seen a girl eat like that." Eric said and everyone but Savannah's family hummed in agreement "I'm a growing girl, I didn't even eat yet." I said defending myself "Come on Kim. Tell me you feed your daughter before you leave to go to work." Rebecca said playfully "Once I turn around all three plates are empty." My mom said and everyone except Savannah family laughed again. "I just think that is disgusting," Savannah said throwing her unwanted two cents in.

This time her family hummed in approval. I shot her high classed family a glare. They had that I'm better than you look on with all those jewelry and fur coats and other crazy shit on them. "No one asked for your two cents Savannah." I snapped. Everyone's eyes were on me. "Jenna sweetie, calm down." My mom said nervously. "Don't you dare speak to my daughter like that you low life bitch." Her mom spat at me. I didn't flinch. If anything, If I don't lose control I would be the one to make them flinch.

"Excuse me. I didn't know that this whore was your daughter. Didn't know you were the mother either." I said "Why are you even here? We don't invite sluts at family dinners." Savannah snapped "Jenna. Stay calm." My mom tried again. "Slut? Me?" I asked and began to laugh "Savannah. The only slut here is you." I snickered "Jenna." My dad said but I paid no attention.

She gasped "And you," I said pointing at her mom who was glaring at me. Boy if looks could kill ... "Did she get the trait from you?" I asked earning a gasp from everyone else, The woman glared at her lap. "Exactly what I thought," I said with a ghost smirk on playing on my lip. "Zari you can your daughter can leave. The door is right behind you" Rebecca said

"What about her?" Savannah grumbled "She is family. Beside you caused too many problems. Please leave and never come back." Eric said. Savannah and her mother let out a huff before leaving the mansion. " Like mother like daughter." I grumbled "Sorry guys. She just pisses me off." I apologized "Its okay hun." My mom said "Seconds?" Taylor, one of the twins said. "Yes, there is," Rebecca said, she smiled as she went for everything she loved and placed it on her plate and began to devour her food.

"Oh but you guys don't say anything when she does it," I said earning laughter from everyone. I shook my head in amusement and began to eat my food. I felt something warm on my lap and it began to trace circles on my thigh. Suddenly my body felt hot with under the person's touch.

I looked up at who that hand was connected to and saw Ryder eating his food and listened to the adults crack jokes and talk about other things. He then squeezed my thigh gently. What is happening?