Eighteen

His hand was resting awfully comfortable on my lap. While I was trying not to freak out, he smirked and made it seem like he was always touching me. "So, Jenna. Since you got rid of the unwanted guests. We will get on with our plans." My mom began "And I see you two are warming up to each other ..." She continued, I took a large sip of my water and gave her a look. "When am I going to have grandchildren." She asked, I spat out my drink and started to choke.

Ryder started patting me on my back. I stop choking and gave my mom a humorous look. "You're kidding, right?" I said she gave me a blank stare "No sweetie, I wasn't." She answered. "Awee she's blushing," Taylor said, Tyler, Taylor's twin brother snickered at the sight. I bet my cheeks were as red as a tomato. "I'm kidding." She said making everyone laugh. The hand was back on my lap and I was staring right at it. I looked up, He gave me another amused smirk. "How is living with my daughter?" My dad asked "Great. No problems at all." He said. Liar.

"Do you feel the same way princess." My dad asked and I nodded, "It was always great cause his best friends would come over every day. "Yeah, it's awesome," I replied and sneaked a glance. His eyes twinkled in amusement.

I don't see anything amusing at this dinner ...

"What do you like about his house?" My mom said giving me a knowing look. "It's not the house ... His best friends and my best friends all hang out there until like three in the morning." I said and Ryder's smirk fell a bit. "Including Stacy?" My mom asked shocked "Yup. Including Stacy." I said, My dad's expression mirrored my mom. I rolled my eyes and finished my plate of food then got up to place my plate in the sink "While you're at it hun, Do the dishes ... Ryder can stay back and help you." My mom said

"No, it's okay. I can do it on my own." I said, "It wasn't a question it was an order." She said in a joking manner. I rolled my eyes again and did as I was told. Little by little, they started to leave the kitchen. Stacy was the last to leave and before she left she sent me a knowing smirk and a wink. "What was that about?" Ryder asked, "If I knew I'd tell you." I replied. 

"That makes sense." He said, I grabbed the soap and the sponge shoved on my blue gloves and began to get down with the dirty work. I had 17 dirty plates to finish and knowing Ryder he wasn't doing anything to help. "Okay, snapchat I'm done with dinner, and I'm here with her. Remember the quiet girl from school? Yup. Say hey Jenna." He said putting me on camera "Hi." I said shyly earning a healthy laugh from him. Once the video was over he saved it and put his phone away. "How many views you get?" I asked, "More than one thousand, Maybe two." He said. I raised my brow and returned to washing the dishes.

Moments later I heard Ryder mumbling a song by Shawn Mendes. I smiled a bit, Ryder can sing.

He stopped singing and all that could be heard now was the plates clashing against each other. Two strong arms were suddenly wrapped around my waist. My back was pressed against his chest. I dropped the sponge and the plate in shock. "I like this position." He said. I was frozen and speechless. I haven't even had my first kiss yet ... OR a boyfriend and yet here I am getting hugged from behind by Ryder. I opened my mouth to say something but he moved away.

And for some odd reason, I felt my mood dip when he let go. If I hadn't held on to the last piece of sanity I had left, I would have chased him begging for him to do it again.

One weird-ass family dinner we had. Especially if mine just ended like that. "Why do you look like that? What happen?" Stacy asked

"Life happened. I'm calling it a night, I'm tired. Good night." I said yawning "Night Mrs. Cruise." She smirked "Not cool." I hissed with an eye roll and left the kitchen "That's your name though. JENNA CRUIS-" I didn't let her finish it. I ran straight to my room and shut the door. I grabbed my PJ's and changed before I jumped on the bed. I stared at the ceiling with one thing on my mind

Did I ever lose feelings for Ryder?

Then my eyelids started getting heavy. Seconds later darkness consumed me.