Fourteen

"Mother what do I do when I actually do wake up?" I asked walking out of my cage. "Be yourself." She said, "Act like it never happened?" I squeaked "No, Be the real bitch. Humiliate her." Mother said "Goodnight sport." Father said walking into his room. "How do I be myself when I'm trying to protect myself, Mother?" I said. She rolled her eyes "For what? You're karma. That's all the protection you'll ever need." She said and I sighed. She leaned against the cage and glanced over her nails before looking over at me, 

"Are you hungry?" Mother asked "Yeah." I smiled. "Well hurry up because today is the last time you will see me in a place like this. I will be back on my Throne next to God himself." Mother said, "What do you mean?" I asked confused,

Does she know God?!

"I'm kidding. I will be at my own house. Or you can call it the palace." She smiled putting on her green apron "Wait so when will I wake up?" I asked, "In about an hour." She said 

RYDER

Weeks went by and Jenna was still asleep. The doctor said that she probably can't hear us and he is not sure when she will wake up. "Here's your homework." I heard Mia say. I can still remember the look on Jenna's mom when she heard and saw her daughter. She looked like she had been shot three times in her chest. My mom said that since Savannah was the one who caused the problem I have under a month to get rid of her. I nodded and she left the room. "Jenn. Wake up, please." I whispered holding her slightly warm hands."Jenna baby please wake up. Snap at me. Slap me. Ignore me. Do something." I begged as a tear slipped free from my eye.

I flinched as the tear slid down my face, This was my fault. I sighed and grabbed her hand, "Squeeze my hand one more time babe." I mumbled. She took a deep breath and I stared at her waiting for her to open her eyes but she didn't. The nurse in the room notice and called for a doctor, "Sir I need you to step out," She said and Jenna started to shake. My eyes widen as the nurse pulled me to the side,

"What? No, I'm her fiance." I said pushing past her. A doctor and a few nurses entered the room. The nurse gave me a sympathetic look before shaking her head, "It's okay. I understand this is rough on you but please, For her safety." She said. I sighed and walked out of the door where Stacy was sitting.

FLARAH

"Is she awake yet?" Brandon asked "No." I muttered sadly. I didn't want her to die on me. My phone started ringing,

Incoming call; Mia.

I sighed and picked up the phone "How is he doing?" She asked referring to Ryder, I glanced over at him to find his face buried in his hands, "He looks like shit." I stated, "Did he even leave that room?!" She asked "They kicked him out a minute ago," I replied and he emitted a low groan. "Hopefully gets better, I miss her." Mia sniffed through the other side of the phone.

"She won't, That's too easy. If I know my parents well, they wouldn't let her slip that easily." I said reassuringly and looked over at Ryder. "At least you're not here to see Ryder. It's like the more days go by the more insane he gets." I said cracking a small smile, "I can hear you, Stacy." He mumbled as he looked over at me, "Should I bring you guys food?" Mia asked "That would be nice," I said and a nurse walked out of the room with a small smile, "You can go see your fiance, Sir. She's fine right now," She said to Ryder. He got up and wiped his palm on his jeans before entering the room. "For a guy who has a girlfriend, he sure is whipped for his fiance," I commented and Mia chuckled over the line, "I guess he doesn't like Savannah as much as we originally thought."

RYDER

 I stared at her motionless body in the bed and sighed, "I'm so sorry Jenna. I feel like this is my fault. I should've paid more attention to you, This could've been avoided." I mumbled pulling a chair closer to her bed. I rested my head on the metal bar of her bed and continued to rant, "I still want to get the chance to be your best friend again, I miss us. I miss you and your sass. I know you hate me and you think I hate you but I swear I don't. I was upset that I let our friendship fail over a girl who means nothing to me. If you don't I will ever be able to forgive myself." I said my voice cracking as I choked the words out.

"I only did all those stupid things for your attention. Please wake up." I mumbled as the tears I was holding back start to fall, I felt someone rubbing my hair, If I was in a better mood I would have snapped at the person but my best friend was dying on me. "Ryder don't you have an off switch." I heard a voice say. "JENNA!" I heard Mia squeak from behind me.

 I looked up and saw Jenna wearing a small smile, "Shame." She said shaking her head. "You heard me," I said relieved that she was awake "Of course I did, I'm not deaf. Apology accepted. Besides, my parents already told me" She said "Your parents?" I asked "Long story." She responded, "I got time." I said  "Well I don't, move. Oh, and your buddies are outside the door like awkward little boys." Stacy said, "I missed you!" I heard them say to her, I opened the door and saw both Jordan and Justin standing near the chairs looking uncomfortable.

The doctors walked in the room with a smile on their faces as they went to go talk to my fiancé slash frenemy. I'm not one hundred percent sure that she will actually call me her best friend. "Come on." I said, "We don't know the girl, Lad." Justin said "She's a friendly, You're fine. I swear" I said to Justin. Jordan was already in the room. "Besides the girl you like is in there," I said with a smirk, He bolted to the door and ran into the room. I wore a small smile as I walk into the room.

"Jenna, are we cool now?" I asked "Yes. Riley." She smirked. I groaned as the nickname I haven't heard since middle school left her lefts. "Riley?" Everyone but Stacy asked "His nickname from her." Stacy laughed and the whole room was filled with their laughter while Jenna smirked.

"Payback." She said laughing along with them. The atmosphere was a bit relaxing, it felt better than before. I glanced at Jenna who was chatting with her friends as the doctors checked her vitals. She mentioned her parents, what did that mean?