Sixteen

They see me rolling,

They hating, Patrolling.

Tryna catch me riding dirty

Tryna catch me riding dir-

"JENNA HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU TO SHUT THAT BULLSHIT OFF!" Mia and Justin yelled. I smiled and played another sound bite,

I hate when people call my best friend their best friend, Like no boo boo. Don't get hurt 'cause I will cut you.

Everyone in the house started laughing, everyone except for Flarah who raised her brows "That's literally something I will do AND say." She said and we laughed even harder. The phone dropped out of my hand and into my lap. 

When exactly did you lose your mind?

Hmm ... Three months ago. I woke up one morning married to a pineapple.

"Definitely something a drunk Jordan would say." Ryder snorts earning a defensive cry from Jordan "HEY! I only tried that once, it's not even legal." He said I rolled my eyes.

My phone started ringing and my mom's name flashed on the screen. "Hey, mom." I said answered, "Family dinner, please don't be late." She said, "I'll tell Ryder." I said, "Wait you guys are on good terms now?" She asked shocked "I guess you can say that." I said shrugging even though she couldn't see me. "I knew this would work." She said. I know that she was wearing a smile on her face.

"Mom he's just a friend." I said, "So when will I get to see my grandchildren?" She asked teasingly "BYE MOM!" I screamed in embarrassment. "What did she say?" Ryder said as he sat next to me, "We have a family dinner to attend to." I replied.

"What else did she say? You're blushing." He chuckled, My eyes widen and my hands were on my cheeks in no time. "Nothing." I squeaked, He chuckled "I'm going to find out sooner or later you know." He said with a raised brow. "Shut up," I grumble keeping my hands on my heated face. "Come here, Jenn." He smiled then hugged me, Surprisingly I felt safe and relaxed in his hug. I wanted to stay in his arm for like ... Ever. But that would be awkward, He friend-zoned me.

Fuck. I'm fallings for him again. But this time it's happening faster. It seems like its impossible to stop.

"Stop moving, you're making me mess up the flower

"Stop moving, you're making me mess up the flower." Mia snapped "You two are going overboard with this, Its a family dinner, not my wedding." I groan. "We want you to make Ryder drool." Flarah said, "Now close your eyes." She demanded and I did as I was told.

Minutes flew by and I started getting uncomfortable sitting in the chair in one place "Are you done yet?" I asked, "Give me three minutes." Mia said "Fifteen minutes for me." Flarah said, 18 minutes of hell. Just great. I started to zone out as they beat my face with makeup.

"All done. Here put these on." Mia said shoving a pair of black pumps in my hands. "Is this really that important? I'm not meeting anyone new." I groaned "Its a family dinner. Whenever your mom has a family dinner it always turns out to be a family reunion." Flarah said walking out my indoor closet. "You look cute." I smiled "I know. I try." She smirked before she gave us a quick twirl so we could see her full outfit.

She was wearing a baby blue dress with white pumps and her make up was literally shouting perfection. Her tattoo on her wrist stood out as she placed her hands on her hip. Mia was already dressed. She was wearing a red dress and red pumps to match her dress which twinkled in the light with every move she did. "We look good, I know but you look amazing. Check yourself out." Flarah smiled, I turned to the full-length mirror and smiled "Thanks, even though this took decades." I said, There was a knock on the door.

"Are you guys ready? The limo just pulled into the driveway." I heard Ryder say on the other side of the door. A limo? I thought we were just going to my mom's house. "We will be down in a minute!" Flarah yelled. She pulled her phone out and took a few pictures of us before turning to the door.

"Ready? Mia asked and I shrugged, "We're never ready," Flarah said opening the door and ran straight into Brandon "Woah, Flare are you okay?" Brandon said, concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why were you standing there?" She asked as her cheeks slowly turned pink. "I was told to rush you girls, sorry about that. Good thing I caught you before you fell." He said "Oh, Right." She said. This was the first time I have seen Flarah act like this, It was both shocking and extremely entertaining.

"But I guess there's no need to rush you guys. I'll see you guys inside the limo. And Stacy, You look great." Brandon said then winked at Flarah and walked away leaving a flustered Flarah frozen in her place.

I waited until Brandon was a good distance away from us and said: "So... You and Brandon." I smirked, She groaned and rolled her eyes "You're a bitch." She mumbled earning a wave of giggles from both Mia and I. "Let's go." She grumbled, Her cheeks stained with her natural blush.

"I love you Flare." I smiled "Yeah, Yeah." She said opening the door to the limo. She ran in the limo and hid her face in Brandon's chest earning laughter from everyone in the limo. Ryder pats a space next to him saying I should sit by him. I hesitated a bit but sat by him anyway. "You look beautiful tonight." He whispered my ear making me blush "Thank you." I mumbled so only he could hear me.

I heard him chuckle which made my face heat up again. "What? I get no compliment back?" He asked in what I assume was his playful tone. I giggled a bit and shook my head. "And I was thinking about Jenna time for tomorrow. I guess it won't happen." He said sighing dramatically. Curiosity got the best of me.

"Jenna time?" I asked looking at him in his big brown eyes, He was staring right back at me. A ghost smile was playing on his lip before he replied "I want my compliment first. Then I will tell you." He said, "You look like a greek god." Those six words slipped off my tongue before I could stop them.

"Oh really now?" He asked with a cocky smirk.

Thanks for feeding his ego, Jenna.

"What's Jenna time?" I asked once more "That's for me to know and you to find out." He said with a wink as one of the security guards that were duty opened the door for us to get out "Oh for fuck sake," I grumbled and he chuckled. This is going to be a long family dinner.