Rescuing Auggie

r i l e y

what maya did, what we did... I don't know what I'm feeling anymore. well me and maya aren't dating but I do love her. what do me and maya have? im practically living with her yet we haven't made it official. that's super super weird.

maya came down stairs and pecked my cheek when she made her way over to the couch.  "hey babe wanna go somewhere today. i was thinking about maybe to a fancy restaurant?" i buried my face into my hands and sighed. maya is amazing and so
loving. do i tell her i love her? "i'm not feeling it."

she frowned and held onto my arm. "is it because of yesterday? i'm sorry that I wasn't good enough as your other partners."

"no no that's not the case at all it's just that... what are we exactly? we've never made it official." maya just shrugged and got off the couch to go upstairs.

"what the fuck? are you just gonna leave me?" "what do you want from me? ask you to be my girlfriend?"

"yes!"

"no!" maya shouted back. maya went back up the stairs. riley let out a shaking breath trying not to cry. "fuck this i'm out."

riley ran out the house and there was one thing on her mind. I need to get auggie and leave town.

---

riley climbs up the fire escape and saw auggie in her room already packing his little backpack. She furrowed her eyebrows and entered the room. "auggie?" he turned around and smiled brightly at her. he ran into her arms and hugged her tightly. "i'm so glad you came back home. mommy and daddy talked about how badly they were gonna punish you when you got home. i was scared for you safety."

"who cares about me? i'm just happy that your ok."

"i care about you. come on we need to leave before mommy and daddy come up here. i've already packed." riley nodded and got his bag off her bed. "come on let's go."

"wait we have to wait on maya." maya came into the room quietly with some of auggie's some clothes in her hand. "oh your here."

"what are you doing here?" riley said bitterly. "i came here to sneak around your house. help your brother get out of here. make you happy then ask you a question."

"what question were you going to ask me?" maya sat riley down at the window and took her hand. "riley, i knew when we first start you thought that we weren't going to last but now i see that ... i wanna spend the rest of my life with you. i don't want to date you riley, i want to marry you." maya said taking out a ring. "YES!" riley screamed.

"Riley!?" Cory shouted from downstairs. Everyone eyes widened and Maya quickly slipped the wedding ring onto Riley's finger.

 Everyone eyes widened and Maya quickly slipped the wedding ring onto Riley's finger