They'll Abuse Me

R I L E Y

"Is it over?" Asked Maya with her head buried in my neck. "It'll never be over."

She pulled away and got up which caused her bed to jump. "Why not Riley? We've made it so far why can't all the problems be over."

I lifted up myself on my elbows but not completely. "Because of my family."

Maya got back on the bed and wrapped her arms around my waist. "What about them?"

"They'll kick me out. They'll disown me... I won't be their daughter anymore. This is why I hate my father so much." She breathed out a shaky breath. "Then come live with me."

"I can't leave Augie there with such a terrible man. You won't understand Maya. Every little chit chat was a massive risk. They'll be disgusted. Disown me then it'll be disastrous. It wasn't their fault they were brainwashed they believe some crazy things. Who said girls can't like girls like boys do? They thought that I was smiling but they misidentified because the clenching of my teeth was just me biting on the lie"

"The logic says it's gonna be ok...it's gonna be ok this issue is temporary just attempt to wait for one more day. Theirs nothing wrong with you it's them their just mad because your in the future and their in the pass and they would abuse you if they knew the facts about it. It's gonna be ok it's gonna be ok this issue is temporary just attempt to wait until your safe."

You love her!

"Don't ever feel the need you should apologize. Can't control your feelings or compromise all that matters is that you come out alive so hold on. Your friends they'll support you and they'll find a place they can secure you just need to hold on. Until your independent wherever in the spectrum you are."

She held me even tighter as she repeated over and over. "It's gonna be ok, it's gonna be ok."

I got up and sighed as I tried to cope. "I can choose my friends and I can choose my family. If they don't accept me then I just can have me. I can choose my friends! And I can choose my family! If they don't accept me then I just will have me!"

I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. "It's gonna be ok Honey."

She pulled me into her and I wrapped my legs around her waist. "I'm sorry that you got your teaching license revoked. You had so much potential of being an art teacher."

"At least I'm not a sex offender my legs would be killing me walking door to door telling my whole neighborhood I was a sex offender." (Riley is  18 going to graduate soon)

"Just stay with me awhile ok?"

"Ok." I said and nodded.

I just nodded and buried my face in her neck. "Peaches?"

"Yes?"

"I lo-" I cut my self off and pursed my lips together.

"You what?"

"I really like you."

"I really like you too peaches."

If only you knew....

Wait do I love her?