Cut Her Off

R I L E Y

''Missy... I don't know what to do with Cat. Alex is upset and now everyone thinks I'm an 'abusive' girlfriend after what happened in her class last week."

"You did grab her wrist and she was all like 'your hurting me' then you made your grip even tighter."

"We were never dating in the first place!" I shouted. People in the cafeteria looked over to our table and then started whispering and mumbling.

"People think I broke up with her at that moment and because of the abusive rumors I'm saying that we never dated in the first place. This is frustrating!"

"3 words Riles. Cut. Her. Off. Ignore the rumors and tell her tell them the truth. Then cut her off. You shouldn't be treated this way. I would try to help but I don't need any rumors going on about me."

I rolled my eyes at her then nodded.

---------

"And then she says I'm her girlfriend and I'm not her girlfriend now everyone thinks I'm abusive because of what happened in your class last week."

"Well you did grab her wrist and she was like 'Ow your hurting m-"

"That's not the point Mrs. Hart! I want to strangle her for lying and damaging my reputation."

"Why did you say you love her anyway? You were leading her on and now this is your punishment you knew you didn't love her. Karma comes back to bite you in the ass."

"Mrs. Hart! How could you be curse when you are my teacher and we are in school."

"I came off at 4:00 you've been ranting in the class for an hour."

"Oh..."

"Anyway if you want this all to blow over, cut her off."

"Shes apart of my group of friends. I see her everyday without her we wouldn't be the punks." Mrs. Hart snorted and giggled.

That was adorable... I mean gross and disgusting. Ugh I don't have time for this.

"The punks who calls their group The Punks." She started laughing hysterically and I could feel my face becoming red with embarrassment. "Did you come up with that or did your mom did." She joked then started laughing even harder. "Do you guys have a signature pose or friendship bracelets!"

"Whatever." I said and rolled my eyes. The thing that was so embarrassing is that we do have friendship bracelets. It's this red band around our right wrists with a skull on it. It's so typical the more I think about it.

After she calmed down she started talking to me once again. "But seriously Riley cut her off and everything will be ok. I'm surprised someone hasn't given you that advice yet."

"Who said I haven't talked to anyone about it yet?"

"Your rant seems very detailed and precise it's like you've said it thousand times already... Hey! Put that into your essay writing and you'll pass with an A+."

"That's the teacher I know."

I got up with my bag and decided it's time to go home. "Thanks Mrs. Hart for the advice.''

"Call me Maya."