I'll Show You

Riles I'm sorry about not being there I shouldn't have went to the court case. I came to your window but you weren't there where are you?

"I'm staying with Maya for awhile ... you know my parents. I haven't even looked at them once since the case. I just have been staying by some friends house in fear that if I go back my Dad will be waiting for me with a belt and a broken beer bottle.''

Oh...Maybe we should go out to take your mind off things you know?

"You mean like one of those days when we hang out doing random fun stuff then go to the woods to sing our friendship song! I would love to do that again."

Then get ready I'm picking you up in 10 minutes.

"Wait maybe ... Tomorrow?"

....ok

Call ended

"Maya!" I shouted because she was upstairs.

"Yeah!"

"I'm going out I'll see you soon!"

I got up and walked out of the house. Maya's house was close to the woods so it only took my five minutes to get there. There's a cliff near here with a amazing view I must go there to just take my mind off things.

I walked into the rooms and smelled the scent of the forest. I could hear the birds chirping around me and the calming sound of a stream close by.

I didn't come here to enjoy the forest though I came here to just think about this situation with my parents.

My life is a movie and everyone's watching. So let's get the good part and past all the nonsense. Sometimes it's hard to do the right thing when the pressured coming down like lightning. It's like they want me to be perfect when they don't even know that I'm hurting.

This life's not easy, I'm not made out of steel. Don't forget that I'm human,don't forget that I'm real.  Act like you know me, but you never will. There's one thing that I know for sure.

I'll show you.

I reached the stream and I saw a rope on a high tree. I stripped off my clothes and made my way to the tree. I grabbed the rope and held on tightly. I swung and let go falling into the stream letting the cold water overtake my body.

I'll show you.

I opened my eyes underneath the water and let my body relax.

I'll show you.

I swam up towards the surface and as I came up the water splashed around me with my hair sticking to my back. I let out a sigh and placed my elbows on the grass on the side of me.

They'll learn to accept me somehow.

I'll show you.

I climbed out of the river which sent shivers down my body. I pulled back on my clothes and of course they sticked onto my body. I didn't mind I just kept on walking in my now wet clothes.

I got to learn things, learn them the hard way. Gotta see what it feels like,no matter what they say. Sometimes it's hard to do the right thing when the pressures coming down like lightning. It's like they want me to be perfect when they don't even know that I'm hurting.

This life's not easy,  I'm not made out of steel. Don't forget that I'm human, don't forget that I'm real. Act like you know me,but you never will. Here's one thing that I know for sure.

I'll show you.

The cold air was getting to me so I decided to run to the spot to get there faster. My hair flew behind me.

I'll show you.

I slowed down when I finally reached the spot. The view of the sunset was absolutely beautiful.

I'll show you

I sat down at the end and my legs were dangling off the edge. I placed my hands between my legs and looked over the horizon. For once I felt at peace

I'll show you.

I felt these warm comforting hands wrap around me and immediately I knew it was Maya.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I knew you would be here. You always come here when you need to relieve your stress and I missed you. You were gone for a while.

She sat behind me and let her legs her legs dangle off the edge too.

I leaned back into her arms and we both looked at the sun set.

This life's not easy, I'm not made out of steel. Don't forget that I'm human, don't forget that I'm real. Act like you know me, but you never will... There's one thing that I know for sure.

I'll show you

I'll show you ...