Screen

R i l e y

I started to pack up all of my clothes and belongings into my school backpack. I looked around to room  to check if there was anything else I could carry. Nothing. I checked my bag and went down a mental list.

Flashlight. Check.
Over 6,000 of dollars I saved up. Check.
Clothes. Check
Phone. Check.
Shoes. Check
Sleeping bag. Check.
Hygienic items. Check.

Ok I think I'm good. Wait.. I need a- my thoughts were cut off by Missy entering my room. Damn it I must have left the window open. "Hey Riles... You look shocked to see me. What's up?" She said sitting down by the bay window.

She looked around the room and furrowed her eyebrows. "Why it's so empty in here?"

"I....wanted to clean up my room." I said trying to act as calm as possible. Missy stood up and looked at me. She knew I was lying so I just stood in front of my backpack.

I sighed and looked down. "I do not know why I would go in front of you and hide my soul because your the only the who knows it. And I would hide behind my pride to don't know why I think I could lie because theirs a screen on my chest. To you."

"I'm standing in front of you. I'm trying to be so cool. Everything together trying to cool."

"Riley what do you mean?"

"While your doing fine. There's some people and I who's having a really tough time getting through life so excuse us while we sing to the sky."

"What? Who are you talking about?"

"We're broken, were broken, were broken, were broken people, were broken people. We're broken, were broken, were broken, were broken people, were broken people. We're broken, were broken, were broken, were broken people, were broken people. I'm standing in front of you. I'm trying to be so cool everything together trying to be so cool."  I grabbed my backpack and put it on my shoulder.

"I'm gone Missy." I whisper before grabbing a photo of me and all of my friends. I looked back once at her then left into the darkness of the night.

-----

I was scared. Very scared. I was walking alone at night to the lake where I took Maya before. That wasn't even the scary part a tinted can has been following me I think.

Looking at me through your window. Boy you had your eye out for a little.

I walked faster until the person started driving again. Looking at me through your window. Driving next to me real slow. He said, "Let me take you for joy ride."

I looked around and saw a parking lot was nearby. I could run through there. I turned around and ran towards it.

Running through the parking lot he chased me and he wouldn't stop. Tag your it. Tag Tag your it.

He grabbed my hair and pushed me down. Took the words right out my mouth. Tag your it. Tag Tag your it.

He kept saying "Tag your it, tag tag your it."

I kicked my legs and tried to get him off of me. I bit his hand and he pulled back. I got up and started running again. I'm so close to the forest.

Little bit of poison in me. I could feel your skin in my teeth. Running through the parking lot he chased me and he wouldn't stop tag your it. Tag tag your it. Grab my hair push me down took the words right out my mouth . Tag your it. Tag tag your it.

The trees of the forest came into view. I'm right there. The man caught up to me and grabbed my foot causing me to fall down on the pavement with a loud thud. I could feel the cut and scratches already bleeding. He started to drag me and I screamed grabbing at the ground.

Catch a lady by her toe, if she screams don't let her go.

Running through the parking lot he chased me and he wouldn't stop. Tag your it. Tag Tag your it. Grab my hair pushed me down took the words right out my mouth tag your it. Tag your it. Running through the parking lot he chased me and he wouldn't stop tag your it. Tag your it. Grab my hair push me down took the words right out my mouth tag, your it. Tag, your it.

Tag, your it. Tag, your it.

Everything felt like slow motion to me. I blinked my eyes and looked at the figure pulling me towards his van.

A small voice in my head just whispered Maya.

I blinked again knowing what I had to do. I kicked him with the leg he was pulling. He pulled back and felt his face. I took the opportunity to get up and hurry up run away.

I ran like there was no tomorrow until I reached the lake. I panted and sat down on the grass waiting for Maya.

1 hour

2 hours

3 hours

Midnight

I buried my face in my hands and a lot let out a sob. Did she actually stood me up? I few tears escaped but I quickly wiped them away. "No."

"No..."

"No!" I screamed with my voice cracking. This can't be happening. We could have had a perfect life together. Please say this is just a dream. I kneeled down and gripped my hair crying my eyes out.

She doesn't love me, she doesn't care about me. She left me here like an idiot. I almost got kidnapped only for her not to show up. I heard a twig snap behind me and my eyes darted across the forest.

My body tensed up as I realized it could be the man from earlier. The tears just came down ever harder. I can't do this anymore. A figure stepped out of the trees and it revealed Missy.

Just at the sight of her I ran into her arms. She wrapped her arms around me and kneeled down. Pulling me down with her. I cried into her chest and gripped her shirt.

"She hates me!"

"No she doesn't. Riles don't say that."

"She isn't here because we doesn't want to be with me she doesn't love me!" I said letting out a whimper.

"I love you Riles." She said holding me even tighter. "I love you."