Pity Party

R I L E Y

"Happy birthday Mrs. Hart!" Everyone shouted as Mrs. Hart entered the classroom. I walked up to her and threw confetti over her head. I smiled at her and said ,"Happy Birthday." I said. I knew she was still upset about the other day but I was angry and upset that she ruined our day.

She crossed her arms and smiled at me. "Thank you." She said. The whole class coughed causing her attention to be on them. "Oh thank you guys too. I could never forgot about you guys."

"Bruh." Said a kid named Mark in the back of the classroom said. The whole class chuckled including Mrs. Hart. I returned to my seat in the back of the class the usual.

I got Mrs. Hart a present but she doesn't know that. I'm planning on giving it to her today after school. Just so she could forgive me for the other day

"So you have any plans for today?" Asked Mark.

"I actually am having a party after school. Sorry you guys aren't invited but it's adults only."

"We'll make it to the next one though!" I said jokingly.

"For sure."

------

Maya

I sat on my couch feeling ecstatic about my birthday party. I'm surprised no one came early it is only 2 minutes before the party officially starts.

I looked down at my happy birthday Maya cake and smiled. I hope everyone likes the flavor but just in case I got a bunch of cupcakes. Now all I have to do is wait until they reach.

----------

R I L E Y

I walked towards Mrs. Harts house smiling. I know she's just going to love my present.

When I finally made it to her house I was surprised that there wasn't any music playing. Maybe everyone left.

I tried the door and it flew open. That's very dangerous to have your door open this time at night. Maybe she forgot to lock it after everyone left.

I walked inside and saw Mrs. Hart... on the floor crying.

Wait what? Huh? I left my present on the table and rushed over to her. I sat on the floor and lifted her up on my lap.

I was behind her and wrapped my legs around her. My arms were around her and I pulled her close to me.

She was sobbing hard.

"Shh shh. I'm here." I said and kissed the top of her head. She stopped sobbing and replied. "Riley? What are you doing here?" She said and sniffled.

"I came to give you a gift but it can wait. What happened?"

She sighed and leaned further onto me. "No one came. It's my party and I cry if I want to. Cry if I want to cry.. Cry cry. I'll cry until my candles burn down this place. I'll cry until my pity party's in flames."

"Maybe if I knew all of them well. I wouldn't look them up in this hell that holds me. Maybe if I casted out a spell. I would have told them decorations were in pastel red ones."

"Maybe it's all a cruel joke on me." She tried to get up but I pulled her back down. She was upset and I knew she didn't know what she was doing. I think she's drunk.

"Whatever,whatever. Just means there's way more cake for me. Forever.... Forever."

"Mrs. Hart you need to cal-" "My name is not Mrs. Hart! It's Maya and I think I like someone."

"Who is that?... Maya."

"Shh shhhh I can't tell you because it's a secret." She giggled and relaxed her body on me.

"You tired Maya?" I asked knowing that she was talking gibberish.

"Yes and I want to fall asleep with you tonight because..."

"Because what?" I asked.

"Why are you questioning me? I did nothing! Where is my lawyer? I want my 1 phone call!"

I rolled my eyes at her and lifted her up onto the couch. I went over to her storage closet downstairs and got a blanket.

I crawled beside her and wrapped the blanket around me and her both.

"Good night Riley."

"Good night Maya."

------

I thought that the stress was over but that night she had a nightmare. She kept freaking out and I had to calm her.

She buried her face in my neck crying and kicking. Almost like a baby.

I grabbed her hand and kissed her palm. It always calmed Augie and it calmed her too. She looked at me and then her palm.

"You like that?" I said and smiled at her. I did it again and she smiled up at me. Man when she's drunk she's crazy.

"Would you like to see my present now?" I asked her.

She nodded and I got up. I grabbed my present and went back on the couch. She ripped it open and saw it was a portrait of when she kissed my cheek in class one day.

-----

"Mrs. Hart I took a picture of you and put it on my instagram now everyone thinks me and you are dating."

"Let's tease them." She suggested.

"Yess let's take a coupley pic." I went over to her and sat on her lap. She wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

I made a shocked face and took a picture. She never knew that actually never happened. I just wanted a kiss for fun.

And I got it.

-------

"I love it! I'll cherish it forever." She said and pulled the picture towards and put it on her chest. Almost immediately.

I looked down at her and smiled at her.

"And I will always cherish this moment forever."

------

Rilaya feels be like