Soap

R I L E Y

I think I just remembered  something. I think I left the faucet running. Now my words are filling up the tub. I came out of bed and went into the bathroom. The tub was filled with bubbles and suds. I put a galaxy bath bomb in there just to make it look prettier.

I stripped out of my clothing and got in. So much things are going through my head right now. I stayed in there for awhile just trying to relax. Darling your just soaking in it but I know you'll get out the minute you notice all your fingers pruning up. I'm tired of being careful tiptoe trying to keep the water warm.

Let me under your skin. Uh oh there it goes. I said to much it overflowed why do I always spill. I feel it coming down my throat guess I better wash my mouth out with soap. God I wish I never spoke now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap. I feel it coming down my throat guess I better wash my mouth out with soap. God I wish I never spoke now I gotta watch my mouth out soap.

Why did I have to say I love her. I don't!

I think I got myself in trouble. So I filled the bath with bubbles . Should have never said the world love. Please throw a toaster in the bath tub. I'm sick of all the games I have to play.I'm tired of being careful tiptoe trying to keep the water warm.

Let me under your skin. Uh oh there it goes. I said to much it overflowed why do I always spill. I feel it coming down my throat guess I better wash my mouth out with soap. God I wish I never spoke now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap. I feel it coming down my throat guess I better wash my mouth out with soap. God I wish I never spoke now I gotta watch my mouth out soap.

I pulled myself under the water. I wanna just stay under here. I pulled myself out of the water and the lights in the bathroom were flickering. I looked around feeling confused and looked forward. It was Maya coming close to me.

At first I pulled back feeling quite scared. The lights went out then back on and I saw that she went closer. She pulled my face closer to hers and then the lights went off again.

Finally when our lips met the lights turned back on. It was a soft gentle kiss. She pulled away then pulled her knees up to her chest and stared at me. I did the same examining her. "I- I love you." I stuttered.

She turned her head sideways and finally replied. "I love you too."

-----

I jerked up from my bed realizing it was just a dream. I started breathing heavily as I realized what I just admitted to myself. "Now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap."