Keep It Professional

R I L E Y

"Aww... you guys suck." Missy said. "Shut up." I said punching her arm. I to,d her about me and Maya's little 'date' and she is totally teasing about it.

"Once again Riley don't fall for her."

"I won't, I won't."

Riley Matthews and Mrs. Hart please report to the principles office , thank you. I heard over the sound system. I looked at Missy in confusion but she just shrugged but then her eyes widened.

"Do you think-" "No it can't be!"

----

"Oh yes it can be. Mrs. Hart I am very disgusted with this behavior of you and Riley Matthews."

"We were just hanging out what's the big deal?" I said rolling my eyes trying to act like nothing was wrong but inside I was having a breakdown. Did they saw when we kissed? If they say I might not see Maya again and I won't be able to go through that emotional roller coaster.

"Teachers and students aren't suppose to be friends. They are suppose to keep everything professional. Don't you understand that?"

"I still don't see that. There shouldn't be any ban on student teacher friendships."

"So when they become the best of friends the teacher is gonna help the student and give them answers to exams, or tell the the questions that are gonna be on tests, or even worst, boost their friend because of their little friendship."

"But Maya isn't like that! She's honest and caring. She's not gullible not even how strong our friendship grows she won't just risk her job just for a friendship."

"You must not call a teacher their first name Ms. Matthews!" My principle shouted getting up out of his chair. "What your gonna do about it suspend me! On our report cards it shows their names so what if it's a slip up?"

"You only think you have the right to say that because of your guys sick, twisted, inappropriate friendship."

"How do you know that our friendship is sick and twisted. Your just so damn quick to judge! Theirs nothing wrong with student teacher friendship so just sit back down in your precious black, leather seat and stop being such a bastard!"

My principle slammed his fist on the desk in fury, causing me and Maya to flinch back. "Suspension, Suspension! 3 weeks!" My jaw dropped but then Maya started to interrupt.

"Listen sir, I'm so sorry about this mishap but the punishment seems too harsh. Listen how about you just extend her punishment with me after school. She'll just do more work or just stay back for detention for however long you want!"

"How about for the rest of the school year?"

"What! But-but-"

"Don't you dare say a single word Ms. Matthews or I will expel you right here on the spot." I groaned and crossed my arms.

"That's fine."

"Ok then, it's settled. You guys are dismissed."

I exited the office and let a sigh of relief. "I'm so glad that you can stay." I said before tackling Maya into a hug.

Ok guys quick authors note. Because I already have the full prologue written for step sister I was wondering if you guys wanna skip the wait and want me to publish it TODAY. Comment down below!