The Screaming Princess- Character Bio's

Characters

Ahlia 'Lia' Thabit- Twin Sister to Beau Thabit, blue eyes Brown Hair, 16 and nine months. Loves to read books, hates television. She is the prophecy child, born to lead Beau and Minstrel across Marfik to the princess, and return her to her proper home restoring order and peace to Marfik.

Beau Thabit- Twin Brother of Ahlia Thabit, Brown hair Blue eyes, 16 and nine months. Love to watch television, hates to read books. He is the chosen one to help Ahlia on her journey to find the princess and take her home, and the peaceful-one to help the kingdoms restore order, before war is broken out.

Uncle Osborn - Uncle to Ahlia and Beau Thabit brother to Dana Thabit, Balding with little hair, dark blue eyes. Likes to entertain, play music, and tell stories. He is the owner of the Marfik Mirror that he bought at a market in Peru, which now gathers dust in the store room on the second flood.

Minstrel Alwaid - Daughter of Rana Alwaid the music player who could invoke the dreams of others with her music, she died during fire in the center square of the Crane market during the moon festival. Now she watches over Minstrel as her spirit guide, as she help Ahlia and Beau find princess Aurelia and return her to her right home. And the sister of Leo Alwaid who lives on a farm and latter falls in love with Ahlia.

Leo Alwaid- Brother of Minstrel Alwaid and son of Rana Alwaid. He lives on the farm over the hills of the crane village growing herbs for the healers.

Gamma Lyrae- the best friend of Rana Alwaid, and godmother to Minstrel, she uses herbs and spices to heal the wounded, and teaches Minstrel her ways

Iza Chort - the old kindly deaf landlord to Gamma Lyrae, and former watcher for Orical.

Princess Aurelia- The daughter of king Acanthus and Queen Capella, she is kidnapped as a child and lives within the walls of the Bistre castle. Hidden away never once allowed out side of the gates. Of the castle until she escapes, not knowing where to go, people refuse to help her, she is being rapped by Nomads when Ahlia and Beau find her. As war breaks out she sprits of Orical take over her body sharing it with her. She screams the truth. And declares herself that any will perish is anything bad happens.

other characters

Stanghorn

Iris

Minerva - a-leer-ah

Tierallea

Bixa

Dirca

Morus

Myrika

Prodnose

Ophelia

Amalthea

Alathea

People important to the storyline

Orical- the goddess upon which created the world of Marfik. She possesses powers of premonition which she used to predict every event that would happen in time. She wrote these premonitions on the walls of a cave hidden away in the Longfellow Mountains. Her final resting place is at the depth of the cave where she can be sure that no one will every try to change the writings of time.

Arcos Longfellow- the sea captain that lead the voyage across the ocean for the wedding of the unknown prince and princess. After coming to Marfik he wandered into the mountains- that are now known as the Longfellow Mountains. And was bitten by a wolf. He was the first of the moon folk. Also known as moon dogs, and was killed by King Acanthus.

Jink - known to all as 'Jink' was the best friend of the unknown princess. After coming to Marfik, he taught the tautly his ways, of breathing fire, tipe-rope walking and juggling. After marry an Astranger women, he settled down in the, laughing forest names after him. After she died during child birth, he buried her and out of the ground came a Lyracii tree. Jink changed after that never returning to the tautly folk the forest then changed name to the forest of sighs.

Syras Nadi- the physician on the voyage for the wedding for the unknown princes and princess. Using the herbs and spices combining them with the ones in Marfik he became attached to the magic's in the world. He started to gather followers who would teach him the ways of the magic. He became the most powerful sorcerer in Marfik and at one stage threatened him. Until the spirit of Orical stopped him screaming throughout Marfik that no one should every possess power such as this. She opened up the earth and he was pulled to hell of Marfik.

King Orpheus- Angered that his wife Amaranth stopped bleeding he told and Astranger to kidnap King Acanthus's child Aurelia because he wanted a child desperately, of noble blood. He raised Aurelia as his own constantly telling her that he was her father. After many years being trapped inside the castle walls she ran away. King Orpheus his horrified that she found out the truth and declares war against Acanthus claiming that he kidnapped his daughter. But the problem is resolved when the real truth is learnt war breaks out and Orpheus is forced to tell the truth when his wife is at risk. But Beau restores all order.

Queen Amaranth- not being able to bleed anymore she fakes her pregnancy during the time that her husband is planning to kidnap Aurelia. She has a sword put to her neck to get the truth out of Orpheus. Before Aurelia is filled with the spirit of Orical.

King Acanthus- the birth father of Aurelia

Queen Capella- the birth mother of Aurelia

The unknown Royals. - They are the first humans to discover the land of Marfik once upon arrival devastated with the loss of their children they go their own ways to form the two kingdoms that make up Marfik.

Folk

Tautly folk/ Wanderers - like 'Carney' folk the are the first people to ever live in Marfik they go back to the first days. The are wanderers never living in one place for to long. Some settle and some don't. they teach skill upon themselves. Some are fire-eaters and breather some are tight-rope walkers, some jugglers which where taught to them by Jink. Firstly there were only minstrels and dancers.

Astrangers/nomads- the same was wanderers except they live on their own and travel from place to place day by day. Astrangers are kinder. Some go to live with others when the marry off with another. Nomads keep to themselves and are very cruel. Stealing, killing, kidnapping and raping women. Only one band of Nomads has a group larger than one. There are more that 50 of them lead by there vicious leader the Nomad Prince aka: hector- girl Whom run in with Ahlia and Beau from time to time.

Moon folk - none mostly as moondogs or moonwolves. There are people bitten by another moon dog. Throughout the year the sleep in the Longfellow mountains named after the very first man to cross them and survive and the very first moon dog Arcos Longfellow. For the ten days of moon out of the year they come out of hibernation and feats upon the villages.

Animals and places and things

Larks- Familiars - when people die in Marfik those who have a more purpose or who died before the where suppose to- like sacrifice themselves for others- Become larks. Familiars or spirit guides as they are none guiding people continuing to tech them and once the deed is done the die. The live in the 'High Lark cave in the Longfellow mountains' the same cave the holds the writings of Orical.

Ivory- cyan- viridian Nymphs- happy sprightly creatures the size of dragon flies

Heliotropes

Lyracii Trees

The Orical Tree-In her memorial out of the earth grew a strange tree. That's sits alone on the top of the tallest mountain in the Longfellow Mountains. Shining a light in the direction that travelers have to go.

Draius Fruit- The only bad thing about the Orical tree is it has its own strange fruit that people are drawn to. The hell god Hecklar put this fruit on the tree because the tree is in exactly the middle of Marfik and the precise point over heaven and hell.

Minble Clock Tower- the place that Orical cast the mirrors transpiring point to so that Ahlia and Beau would come out right in the middle of the town square

The High Lark caves- the 'High Lark caves in the Longfellow mountains' the same cave that hold the writings of Orical.

Longfellow Mountains

The valley of the moon folk

The Forrest of sighs

Forgotten lake

Kingdom of Bistre

Kingdom of Olynea