Chapter Nineteen : "Heart Monitor"

Start from the beginning

 "Have a good one" I replied to him but before he could completely walk away he told me something.

 "You look extra pretty today" he said and then smiled.

 "You brits and your impeccable humor" I replied to him and he just laughed. After a few minutes, I decided to find Benji and ask him about the postponed attack. When I got inside the building , I looked around for several minutes and I finally saw him at the cafeteria talking to Taylor, again.

 The weird feeling that I had before was back again , I don't like Taylor at all. I looked at Ben's face and saw he's smiling at her and he seemed like he's having a good time with her. I can't stand it any longer that's why I just turned around and left.

........................................................................................................................................................................

 "I'm glad you're alive" Taylor said , smiling at me.

 "Thanks" I replied and smiled back. I hope she don't get the impression that I like her more than a friend because I don't. I know she's trying to flirt with me and even though I'm not showing any interest on her subtle moves , she just kept continuing.

 "So tell me more about what happened?" she said and then I accidentally looked at the cafeteria door and saw Deni's back , she's starting walk.

 "Wait a sec." I told Taylor and then walked fast , when I got out of the cafeteria , she was already just a few feet away from the entrance. What's with her now?.

 I just sighed and then went back to the cafeteria , Taylor left too. "Girls ... " I thought to myself , I decided to just go back to my room when Nick called out my name.

 "Aye Ben!" he shouted and then I turned around. "What?" I asked him.

 "Nothing , I'm just amazed of how huge this place is" he said while we're walking. "It's a former mall" I said to him.

 "Obvious Ben" he said and then pointed at Lourdes. "Who is she?" he asked. "That's Lourdes , she's been with us since the second mass"

 "She's kinda cute"

 "She's 20 Nick , just saying"

 "I'm 16 .. she's 20 .. age difference is not that far Ben. And speaking of girls , saw Deni walking outside looking pretty pissed"

 "Did you talked to her?"

 "No. It's very obvious that she's in a bad mood. She just walked straight back to the skitter camp" Nick then said and started walking faster.

 "Alright Ben , see you later" he said and then ran towards the armory.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Deni's P.O.V

 What am I thinking? and why the hell am I feeling like this?. I should have known that Ben would fall for someone like Taylor. She's like very pretty and I'm nothing but his partner.

 I went back to my tent and just threw myself in the bed , and started to think non-stop again.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

 Deni's been avoiding me the whole day , it's like that time when we first kissed. It's past 9:00 pm and I was still looking for her outside. After several minutes , I finally located where she is. She's at the top of that building we usually go to.